Winter Break

• At what point are you planning to buy reduced priced players? The winter break seems to have the biggest effect on Bundesliga. Who do you think is currently or will be the biggest bargain?

• @NewUser140034 said in Winter Break:

At what point are you planning to buy reduced priced players? The winter break seems to have the biggest effect on Bundesliga. Who do you think is currently or will be the biggest bargain?

In theory that sounds about right.

But in reality, most users already know and understand that the Bundesliga winter break only causes a temporary minor reduction in player prices, that is almost guaranteed to shoot back up by February.

One of the reasons for the big drop in Bundesliga players previously was due to inexperienced holders fearing that their player was plummeting and they would lose all their money. A reverse FOMO I suppose.

Now that the majority of us know that won't happen, I believe the Bundesliga winter break will have little more than a 'few pence' effect on most players.

• @johnboywalker said in Winter Break:

@NewUser140034 said in Winter Break:

At what point are you planning to buy reduced priced players? The winter break seems to have the biggest effect on Bundesliga. Who do you think is currently or will be the biggest bargain?

But in reality, most users already know and understand that the Bundesliga winter break only causes a temporary minor reduction in player prices, that is almost guaranteed to shoot back up by February.

One of the reasons for the big drop in Bundesliga players previously was due to inexperienced holders fearing that their player was plummeting and they would lose all their money. A reverse FOMO I suppose.

Now that the majority of us know that won't happen, I believe the Bundesliga winter break will have little more than a 'few pence' effect on most players.

But there are lots of new users this season, I have a few Bundesliga and they have all dropped lots more than last season.

• @Tom77 said in Winter Break:

@johnboywalker said in Winter Break:

@NewUser140034 said in Winter Break:

But there are lots of new users this season, I have a few Bundesliga and they have all dropped lots more than last season.

I guess the drop has started alot earlier than last year, simply because the drop is predicted this time, whereas last years behaviour was more reactionary.

Perhaps the drop will be the same, but spread over a longer period of time this year, who knows.

I haven't been anywhere near a Bundesliga player for months due to the upcoming winter break. Perhaps a few other experienced users are thinking the same.

• Out of all my Bundesliga players, I have the most faith in Kostic. Not sure if there is a big move left in him but is the outstanding player left at Frankfurt and posts consistently great pb scores. When he gets a gwg or two I can see his price flying.

Not sure how the break will effect the prices generally though. If we do see an influx of new traders in January I would expect most money to go into premiership players at first so although foreign leagues may not drop as such, they may not rise as fast as PL initially.