Advice on these players

• I'm doing one of my periodic portfolio clearouts, and these players are ones which I have had for quite a while, am mostly in a bit in profit on (apart from Lee and Lato), and personally think ready to be sold. But I'm also unsure of any of these have a lot of cap app potential - I haven't had time to watch much football this year, especially non-PL, so maybe the collective experience of the forum might be able to advise if any of these sells will be a bad mistake potentially!

The prices in brackets are my buy price and the current price.

Anastacios Donis (0.30/0.33)
    Carlos Soler (0.77/0.92)
    Cengiz Under (1.06/1.49)
    Faitout Mouassa (0.33/0.48)
    Hirving Lozano (1.27/1.38)
    Jonathan Bamba (0.76/1.29)
    Junior Firpo (0.70/0.79)
    Lee Seung-Woo (0.27/0.21)
    Ondrej Duda (0.43/0.57)
    Toni Lato (0.33/0.31)
    Valery Fernandez (0.33/0.35)

• 90% are pants. :)

• I am fairly new to this so might be wrong😬. Surely a thread that is likely to speak unkindly about alot of these players is going to negatively effect their share price and going to make it more difficult for you to shift them at their current mp. As anyone else who has shares is likely to dump them not just you.🤔

• I’ve got a good opinion on Duda, in that he’ s shit !, had a good run last year for about 2 months and thats it.
    I had high hopes but it hasn’t happened, also the Czech lad darida I think has surpassed him in the Hertha team.

• @Impulsesplurger said in Advice on these players:

I am fairly new to this so might be wrong😬. Surely a thread that is likely to speak unkindly about alot of these players is going to negatively effect their share price and going to make it more difficult for you to shift them at their current mp. As anyone else who has shares is likely to dump them not just you.🤔

Or someone who watches one of their teams closely will know that there are circumstances hindering the player's development/game time/scores etc that I don't know about.

I don't want to sell anybody who is going to potentially rocket at some point in the next year or two.

By the way, all the players listed were bought based on advice and research that they were good value.

• @kristiang85 That's very trusting of the forum but tbf if they own shares their going to tell you what benefits them not necessarily you. Personally I would rather research my own players and take the rest with a pinch of salt.

• @Impulsesplurger said in Advice on these players:

@kristiang85 That's very trusting of the forum but tbf if they own shares their going to tell you what benefits them not necessarily you. Personally I would rather research my own players and take the rest with a pinch of salt.

I've been here over a year, I know how it works and I am pretty adept at differentiating between unsubstianted pumps and actual useful info. My own research tells me they are all expendable, but this place is a good source of information too and people are generally happy to help - especially in European leagues which I'm less knowledgable of. You also get to know which users are more reliable.

• I still have a sneaky feeling Cengiz Undër will end up in the Premiership in next couple of years and has a rise in him. Been a frustrating hold for me due to injury problems but had strong links before then and still young.

• @kristiang85 said in Advice on these players:

Anastacios Donis (0.30/0.33)

Def hold long term imo. International player and will find his way back to the top one way or another. Short term - sell if you must and re-invest for short germ gain (and then buy back in later). Unlikely to boom anytime soon so you should have time to get back in if you went down this route.

Carlos Soler (0.77/0.92)

Big talent. Very underrated player imo. Not sure he suits the current matrix but I would (and do) hold for the long term (in small quantities). Not going to set the world alight anytime soon but a steady rise expected.

Cengiz Under (1.06/1.49)
    Faitout Mouassa (0.33/0.48)
    Hirving Lozano (1.27/1.38)
    Jonathan Bamba (0.76/1.29)

Not in the best of form but still a good long term hold. I'm anticipating he'll improve towards the end of the season.

Junior Firpo (0.70/0.79)
    Lee Seung-Woo (0.27/0.21)
    Ondrej Duda (0.43/0.57)
    Toni Lato (0.33/0.31)

Def hold. I'd be surprised if he made the PSV loan move permanent. Expect him to come good long term.

Valery Fernandez (0.33/0.35)

Summary - most are good long term holds. I would look to add more Euro players (you may already hold some?). Depends on your strategy though, if you don't want to wait and have better options, then go for it.
    May be worth posting players you would replace them with?

• @Metropolis now this is what I'm talking about! These are the kind of insights I was looking for.

I am a long term holder, but I reached my personal investment limit a while ago, so am just freeing up some funds to freshen up the portfolio a bit. I've got no specific buys in mind, to be honest, but it will be good to have some balance for a bit to act on new trends - it has been a while since I've been in a position to do that.