The Maja Investment Thread

• Josh Maja 20 year old Bordeaux striker formerly of Sunderland. Alot of media linking him with premier League clubs today. 6 gols in 16 games apparently. Not mere tap ins either. Big step up from league 1 to a top league but he looks to be finding his feet after a slowish start. If he continues his scoring the rumours are sure to continue too. Looks very investable at minute.

• @Dalien-Smith are you @Ericali in disguise?

• @Ddr Eric is onto something with his Cap App stuff. Maja is starting to fly. My parents have brought me upto to pump players in more objective, sincere fashion so this post is likely to be million miles from an Eric post. And maybe for that reason it'll be under read and disappear fast to the nether reaches of the forum.

• Now I am even more confused with this forum, because I could of sworn it was @Dalien-Smith who heavily debated @ericalis thread on Maja, I vaguely remember him comparing Mateta while discouraging people to buy Maja, now a thread promoting Maja? we humans are a strange breed!

• @Ddr said in The Maja Investment Thread:

@Dalien-Smith are you @Ericali in disguise?

I spent days debating with @Dalien-Smith over Josh Maja.

Glad to see he's finally seem the light - he was the most vocal person against him at the time I started my "roll up, roll up" thread.

• @Ole-ole It's true. At the time of writing Maja had had a handful of minutes and only scored a solitary goal in a Mickey mouse cup. It wasn't the right time to invest. He got 90 minutes against Stade and he got this top clash finish. With his next game against Nimes I bought in as a punt Nimes look off the pace in Ligue 1. He got a hat trick and has been on an upward trajectory ever since. Im not big fan of the proposition that just because someone is young and close to first team he is going to to make it. He's got to get 90 minutes in if poss and make a contribution which he did against Stade.

• @Ericali I've not missed too much of the profit on Maja. I only wish you had shown me the light on the investment opportunity so I could have got in on the 5p I missed out on by not joining you earlier.

• @Dalien-Smith some people missed out on the 10p in dividends by selling at £1.08 too....

Thinking that was going to be his career high point. He's now valued at £1.16 & I've had my 10p by remaining patient.

• @Ericali My second stab at Maja. I intend to be a little more patient now he looks to making regular starts and the prem scouts in attendance.

The other dudes in Roll up Roll up I can't be so glowing about. Although Surridge has Ayew and Celina supplying him. Those 2 I rate very highly in the championship. I'll be checking the fixtures to see if there is a run of games I can see him scoring in.

• The other dudes in Roll up Roll up I can't be so glowing about. Although Surridge has Ayew and Celina supplying him. Those 2 I rate very highly in the championship. I'll be checking the fixtures to see if there is a run of games I can see him scoring in.

Just check the last 3 fixtures, Surridge has scored in two of them.

In that timeframe he's gone from 54p to 68p

A very significant percentage increase - nearly 26%. 👍

• @Ericali I can see Surridge at £1 or more in that team. Swansea at full strength are a decent championship team. That's my only concession. The other 2 I just can't see.

• @Dalien-Smith give them time. 👍

Not even a month in yet - they are moving much faster than even I anticipated.

• Gaetano is clearly ready for first team football hence his regular place on the bench. The fact he is regularly overlooked suggests he's not ready for Serie a yet for me. A Serie B loan move seems the sensible option but sadly for his price that could be a sizable drop.

• Hey, new-ish trader looking for some advice. I bought into Maja in the summer when he was sub-60p and am holding him at 106% profit. How much higher do people think his ceiling is? Will the short winter break in France affect his price?

• @NewUser201814 said in The Maja Investment Thread:

Hey, new-ish trader looking for some advice. I bought into Maja in the summer when he was sub-60p and am holding him at 106% profit. How much higher do people think his ceiling is? Will the short winter break in France affect his price?

Theres not alot of pb football in France upcoming but the driving force of his current surge is transfer speculation from the premier League. January can be a time of transfer speculation. For me he's a good hold and as I look now he's only got a 7p spread so he's relatively easy to get out of at present.

• @Dalien-Smith Fair points. My thinking was to hold until at least the end of the second week in January. Personally would be surprised if he leaves this window having just nailed down the starting spot after being injured last year and behind Briand this year. Like you say transfer spec could see a nice rise.

• @NewUser201814 Your position is a little different to mine perhaps. It's my second stab at Maja. I locked in profit after the hat trick. I've got back in this time with a more long term aim. With your gains I'd be inclined to do what you say cash in in January. You can always get on again but I do personally fancy him as a good January hold as there is alot of money possibly coming in through the market. Never a better time to hold flavour of the month.

• @NewUser201814 he's flavour of the month at the minute.

Bordeaux play twice more before the winter break & probably will get more links in January.

They have already started....

Could touch £1.50 with another goal or two.