Capital appreciation thread

• As there are over 208 posts on the original version - and I have to say what you are all trying to achieve could/could be/is really valuable - it is however a bit boring scrolling though each post especially as it seems to be, "you do this" - "I do that". It is hard enough being a newbie on here learning/trying to learn the art of trading without having to trawl through war and peace. I would be really pleased if someone can guide me to how I can find this information (step by step instructions would help because I can't find RISERS or the Percentages) myself. That way I can make up my own mind (and pick other people mind) without reading all about the bun fighting as entertaining as it might be.

• @Gary-T firstly, what platform do you use? Android, apple, old website, new website?

• @Ddr I am using Chromebook (probably why I can see or create a watchlist) and it is the new web page that popped up about a week and a bit ago.

• @Gary-T hi Gary. Apologies for our pettiness... Its not overly common of the forum but it is pantomime season after all!

What do you use to view FI (android app? Website? Other?)

They provide a risers list which is the players who have risen by the greatest % on a 24 hr rolling time frame.

On the app its on the 'home' page 'trending' tab

0_1576587382167_Screenshot_20191217-125555.png

Historically this is a much debated section and many clamour for FI to remove it. For new users it's like moth to a flame... But majority of the time these players have risen for no particular reason (not always) and is very easy, due to the low value, for one (or a few) traders to boost a players price at that range significantly so they appear on the list. This phenomenon is known as "pump and dump" (pump a players price up... Get some attraction from new users&/or 'fish' (aka sheep... Those traders who don't use research or their brain to trade) make a handsome margin and the dump the shares en masse.

Its become less prevelent... However, despite the less manipulative nature of the list now... These players are still highly likely to be 'tomorrows' biggest decrease (time frame not limited to 24 hours... But the point is, highly volatile trades)

Eric's thread could have been highly valuable means of helping users see the difference between those rising for a logical reason vs those rising for no apparent reason. Of course we would be relying on erics 'take' of the reason... But that's where as a community we can help decide why the player has risen. @Ericali is typically one of the best at seeing real value in the lower echelons so he was a good candidate to run the thread. He is however, a bit of a prick and a bit selfish and used it as a tool to wind up scouseste amongst other forum members.

• @Vespasian32 Love it and the last bit made me giggle somewhat. As mentioned above I am doing it all on Chromebook (not the best platform) so l will look to see how to find this information. Good analogy about the pantomime season - last time I went it was Cinderella and the only thing I could follow was she had two ugly sisters.

• @Gary-T ok, I only ever use the app rather than the website and as @Vespasian32 states, the risers list is on the home page there. Having looked at the website, I don't believe they actually have the risers list on there, but i may be wrong and would stand corrected if someone confirms they do and where it is.

• @Ddr Thanks for checking it out appreciate it

• @Ddr just uploaded the app and see it now thank you guys for all the help

• Final question, for now, how do I know if they are 200 list or all players

• @Gary-T theres no way of telling from the risers list which category they fall in. However I do tend to monitor the price that splits the two categories, at the moment this is approx 1.47 and has been stable at this give or take a penny for the last few weeks, but to give you an idea of the growth, when I joined approx 6 months ago the split then was about the 1.10 mark. Hope you find this helpful. If you do have questions feel free to ask, the community on here is usually very helpful and reliable but we do occasionally get into some disagreements lol

• Hi @Gary-T - yes the capital appreciation thread has been Spammed recently by @ScouseSte

He's yet to make a post that has been relevant on there - I just think he has a bit of a crush on me & doesn't like this 🏆

Glad you have located the percentage tool - it's a new addition which enhances the website & has been a valuable tool to help me personally generate cash.

I'm doing really well at the minute - over £1,000 up since Sunday. And I don't have a large pot either....

Some people are seeing the ports drop at present & believe it is solely down to me pushing the capital appreciation at the lower end.

I wish - if only I held that much sway! 😂

Welcome to the platform & if you ever need advise I'm only a PM away. 👍

• @Ddr Appreciate your time and advice. I goes without saying I will pop a few questions on and follow the forum with much interest. Cheers

• @Gary-T the price. They will always be from the squad list unless something exceptional happens. Simply because its based on % and it takes very little money from traders to push a 15p player up a lot of %.

This is the danger... There isn't a lot of liquidity in these players... Its a handful of traders buying in bulk and when they hit their margin... The 50% rise very quickly becomes a 50% fall.

For instance that 15p player... With £3k you can double his price (900 multiply 15 multiply 0.225) 900 shares to move a penny, 15pennies to move in order to double... Avg buy price of 22.5p (£0.225). That's 100% rise... With just £3k, easy for one trader.

£3k in a £2 player... Lower end of the top 200 prices...
    Buys you 1500 shares... Moving the player between 1-3p maximum (or 1.5%)

Much less risk higher up you go as many more shares spread over many more users with very few individuals who can drop the price by more than a couple of % themselves.

• @Ericali Thanks Eric or is that Erica??? appreciate the response and guess you and ScouseSte are not on each other crimble card list

• @Gary-T said in Capital appreciation thread:

@Ericali Thanks Eric or is that Erica??? appreciate the response and guess you and ScouseSte are not on each other crimble card list

It's Ericali

Think 2 legends of their respective sports.

ERIC cantona
    Muhammad ALI

ERIC-ALI 👍

• @Ericali went to Ali's museum when I was in the states - awesome

• @Ericali said in Capital appreciation thread:

@Gary-T said in Capital appreciation thread:

@Ericali Thanks Eric or is that Erica??? appreciate the response and guess you and ScouseSte are not on each other crimble card list

It's Ericali

Think 2 legends of their respective sports.

ERIC cantona
    Muhammad ALI

ERIC-ALI 👍

I'm probably not, but it's probably no malice on his behalf - I'm just not sure he can write.....

I think he uses one of them voice-to-text to communicate on here. 👍

No, they are on each others christmas card list ... 🤔

The problem is, they keep sending each other a new card every time they receive one, as they both always have to get the last word in.

That's alot of Stamps I tell ye. 🤣

• @Ericali lol that answers a question I had, I knew you were a united fan cos of the profile pic but thought you were of Asian descent and your name was Ali

@Ericali went to Ali's museum when I was in the states - awesome

Think we are going to get on just fine then 👍

A fellow boxing fan. Never met Ali myself although I've shook Mike Tyson's & SRL's hand.