Depositing - Bank Statements

• Ebening All,

I’m due to remortgage in a few months and am getting slightly concerned about regular FI deposits showing on my main bank statements. Am looking into possibly setting up a separate bank account for FI transactions.

Can anyone offer any advice on this issue?

Cheers

• @Pizarro are you worried about your bank seeing these deposits? Or the missus? Lol

• @Pizarro
    If your worried get yourself a Starling account, easy to open online etc.
    I wouldn’t be too worried about the mortgage company seeing deposits going into Football index as I’ve just took another mortgage and my bank was littered with transactions to various bookies.

• @Pizarro I wonder the same to be honest.

Remortgage with the same provider and they probably don't need to do a full financial check.

But if you go with a new broker I imagine it will damage the offers you get when they see disposable income spent on bookies.

• @Ddr Haha the bank, the missus is fine with the £100 I’ve got invested 😉

• When we remortgaged a few years back one company actually told my wife they couldnt accept us because they said my £20 a week to william hill suggested i had a gambling problem 😂 worked out for the better as we got a better rate elsewhere.

• @Black-wolf An absolute joke especially when you consider all of the irresponsible lending of past years

• @Pizarro I was a bit worried having deposited 2.5k in a short space of time; I got asked what it was and I said investment they were fine and if they’d wanted to they could have googled Betindex.

Mine went through fine with NatWest although I used a mortgage broker

• @Pizarro yep. What i would say is dont use your main account for gambling. I have several current accounts and they were only interested in seeing the account my wages went into and bills came out of. If you use a separte account for luxuries like gambling they may not even look at it

• Halifax are one of the more lenient ones and they are only interested in the last 3 months statements.

• @Woody Lloyds were also really good with us

• @Vespasian32 said in Depositing - Bank Statements:

@Pizarro I wonder the same to be honest.

Remortgage with the same provider and they probably don't need to do a full financial check.

But if you go with a new broker I imagine it will damage the offers you get when they see disposable income spent on bookies.

@Pizarro

Vesp is spot on. I had issues when I tried to remortgage with a new broker. I've never had any financial problems in my life, but was turned down.

So I just stuck with the same broker and it wasn't an issue.

I would definitely recommend having a separate account purely for gambling, babestation and other expenses ... 🤣

• @Pizarro said in Depositing - Bank Statements:

Ebening All,

I’m due to remortgage in a few months and am getting slightly concerned about regular FI deposits showing on my main bank statements. Am looking into possibly setting up a separate bank account for FI transactions.

Can anyone offer any advice on this issue?

Cheers

@Pizarro (and anyone else who's interested/concerned), I am able to advise as a mortgage broker myself. There are plenty of lenders who don't request bank statements so you don't necessarily have to stay with your current lender where you don't usually get as good a deal as if you went elsewhere.

More than happy to answer any questions via pm rather than discussing financials on an open forum!

• Thanks for the feedback 👍