We’re all seeking Value - What’s your technique?

• @THE-PL4YM4KER yep but there really is value everywhere. The dividend earners are still under priced but a lot of other players were sold off to buy PB players. The dividend review has made the whole index undervalued and the only thing i can see holding growth back is current traders not having anymore available funds to put in so unless FI completely fuck something up im expecting continued growth for a while yet, trick is finding which players will rise first and the best way to guess it right in my opinion is to look at last years trends

• @THE-PL4YM4KER Kinda mixed really, Anything to do with overarching market trends im happy to buy in for bar most transfer spec (the bubbles created in that i have a difficult time assessing value unless its face smackingly obvious).

Was quite happy to buy into the top end players before the season started, went quite well. Was quite happy to play the comparative value game when the index went a bit fucked with all the non pb youth rises, went very well. Then bailed out of that during the deposit bonus and hid in mid tier pb before the dividend announcement, did exceptionally well (with a huge stroke of fortune)

Currently got around 20k in a port of 9 of good young english pb and mb players that have underlying value built on granite (apart from fred). Those holds wont make the most in cap app but all are solid as a rock atm. If the market cap was to hit the index tomorrow i wouldnt shit myself holding any of them as i know over time they will give me solid returns and the market wont penalize them because of age. The data sample from this season is pretty large now.

When exactly its gonna pop im not sure, but that £8.50 ceiling has been static for a long time and rightly or wrongly i think that barrier is going to be smashed through at some point soon, and when it does, those with the biggest underlying numbers will be dragged upwards with it.

I liken it to a chess game. A few weeks after all leagues had kicked off the market opened up with the pawns (non pb youth, cheap ipd rises). A lot of people wanted to play with their queens but became frustrated being stuck behind a wall of valueless bullshit.

Then after they had opened things up the knights rooks and bishops came into play (mid tier pb rises).

During or after this transfer spec phase its gonna come time for the queens to finally come out and play after 9 months of a top end ceiling. The bottom and middle have seen some huge rises yet the top end has stayed comparatively stagnant on the whole despite a 57% div increase. You may still have the odd pawn that gets over to the other side that transforms into a queen but during that time i fancy the top end who have underlying value built on granite will shift plenty.

• Out of form players drop from a peak high is a decent method, people always buy the inform players.
    Rare a player keeps it up all season, like wise bad form.

However don't always assume a high peak Is where player X should return to, example is M Keane he is about a £1 Down from peak but that was fuelled by a transfer and huge hype.

It’s pays to google a players name around the peak price.

• Banned

for me its all about dividends so i write down div winners weekly who pop up regularly & try to get them at some sort of dip but not always possible..perfect example of this is phillip max..never held him until yesterdays game..the night before i looked at the fixtures and fancied a slice of him..bought 100 shares at 88p he turned up trumps always seems to deliver lately

• I ask my lucky octopus.

• I look for safe options. People who can't really fall (fairly static) - but under a different set of circumstances can certainly get a rise.

• Scatter gun approach for me!😂

• @CJ0101 i agree the market isn’t as safe as it was 6 months ago

• Mine is simple. When the market saturates (albeit, this is years away in my opinion) the best value will be in those who win dividends. So, my whole port is those who win PB & MB. As low a risk as you can get and still prints money as they will constantly rise for years to come.

• @RU99 said in We’re all seeking Value - What’s your technique?:

Mine is simple. When the market saturates (albeit, this is years away in my opinion) the best value will be in those who win dividends. So, my whole port is those who win PB & MB. As low a risk as you can get and still prints money as they will constantly rise for years to come.

I agree 👍

I will certainly be in dividends when the market saturates & there is no growth left.

But like you say, this is likely to be years away (I think the platform could grow for the next decade with the right expansion plan) so there are much easier ways to earn money in the meantime.

• @Ericali easier maybe, but full of risk. A huge % of players on here should have little to no value, as they will be lucky to win PB or MB once or twice in their lifetime. While buying these players can be profitable I am sure, all CA profit is purely down to people not understanding the platform and making stupid buys.

I would rather have my money in players who have value based upon their PB and MB current/future potential, than relying on stupidity.

• @RU99 said in We’re all seeking Value - What’s your technique?:

@Ericali easier maybe, but full of risk. A huge % of players on here should have little to no value, as they will be lucky to win PB or MB once or twice in their lifetime. While buying these players can be profitable I am sure, all CA profit is purely down to people not understanding the platform and making stupid buys.

I would rather have my money in players who have value based upon their PB and MB current/future potential, than relying on stupidity.

I'd love to see someone do the stats, but probably 80-85% of everyone on here probably have never won a dividend.

Regardless of this, probably 90% of the platform have grew the past year.

This is because these players COULD develope into proven dividend winners - and this is what people are buying. Trying to be first in the queue.

It's why Max (Augsburg) has trebled in value the past month or the reason Sancho went from 50p to hit the high today of £7.50.

Potentially, what could Sancho's future be with the index still growing? 🤔

• @Ericali said in We’re all seeking Value - What’s your technique?:

@RU99 said in We’re all seeking Value - What’s your technique?:

@Ericali easier maybe, but full of risk. A huge % of players on here should have little to no value, as they will be lucky to win PB or MB once or twice in their lifetime. While buying these players can be profitable I am sure, all CA profit is purely down to people not understanding the platform and making stupid buys.

I'd love to see someone do the stats, but probably 80-85% of everyone on here probably have never won a dividend.

Regardless of this, probably 90% of the platform have grew the past year.

This is because these players COULD develope into proven dividend winners - and this is what people are buying. Trying to be first in the queue.

It's why Max (Augsburg) has trebled in value the past month or the reason Sancho went from 50p to hit the high today of £7.50.

Potentially, what could Sancho's future be with the index still growing? 🤔

And that is my point in one fell swoop. Probably 90% have risen. But we disagree completely in that they have risen because they COULD develop into proven div winners. Probably 90% of that 90% has risen because people don't understand dividends and who can win them - apart from the one or two flukes that anyone can have. They have risen because of people being naive/stupid.

Sancho is an exception, as there is clear talent there and always has been. There will always be a certain amount of players who have not won PB/MB that have a reasonable potential to win them consistently, and it's right and fair they are priced as such. But I would hazard a guess that if you purchased 1 share in every player on the index, you will not get a dividend from them in their whole career on 75-80% of them.

You can make money from those people, I understand that, it's clear to see. But I dont want to earn money based upon stupidity of others as that is a risk that people will wake up eventually and I would be left with 1,000 henderson shares that nobody will buy!

• @RU99 Big Don (very successful Twitter trader) & deemed a "whale" buys virtually the entire platform. It takes him about 5 mins to scroll through his portfolio! 😆

Not in any great quantities, he buys 200 here, 300 there & holds them - but he has made over £100k through growth of the platform.

So, rather than saying people are stupid - you kind of think the stupid ones are the ones not taking advantage of this rising tide while it lasts.....

@RU99 Big Don (very successful Twitter trader) & deemed a "whale" buys virtually the entire platform. It takes him about 5 mins to scroll through his portfolio! 😆

Not in any great quantities, he buys 200 here, 300 there & holds them - but he has made over £100k through growth of the platform.

So, rather than saying people are stupid - you kind of think the stupid ones are the ones not taking advantage of this rising tide while it lasts.....

Possibly you are right - but it's a massive risk as at some point you'll be left with 1,000's upon 1,000's of shares with nobody to buy them.

I'm happy with as little risk as there can be and a solid % ROI knowing there will always be people to buy my shares as they win divs.

• @RU99 totally disagree with you on your argument, why are people stupid for looking to get on a player before anyone else, take max last night. I have 500 and held for 3 weeks, in that time he has won me £85 pound in dividends and cost 60p a share. My thought process is that he is young talented and well underpriced. I've now made good divs and nice profit and will hopefully do the same on a few more. It's not stupid it's the way it is so you either go along with the index or put logic to it as you think you are and stick with your supposed pb winners who win 3 or 4 times a year, I'll guarantee you I'll make more through cap app this year than you will in divs while I'll have a few div wins of lesser players

• Edit - I was WAAAY wrong on Big Don...

It's quarter of a mill!! 😮 (That's from October too)

0_1576672386170_Screenshot_20191218-123154.png

• Are the trackers still avaion the website. I cant see them using my phone. Just wondering as with the value available at the moment i was considering using them for any further investment

Edit - I was WAAAY wrong on Big Don...

It's quarter of a mill!! 😮 (That's from October too)

0_1576672386170_Screenshot_20191218-123154.png

How grotty to talk financials. He must be a right oik.

• @MUFC said in We’re all seeking Value - What’s your technique?:

@RU99 totally disagree with you on your argument, why are people stupid for looking to get on a player before anyone else, take max last night. I have 500 and held for 3 weeks, in that time he has won me £85 pound in dividends and cost 60p a share. My thought process is that he is young talented and well underpriced. I've now made good divs and nice profit and will hopefully do the same on a few more. It's not stupid it's the way it is so you either go along with the index or put logic to it as you think you are and stick with your supposed pb winners who win 3 or 4 times a year, I'll guarantee you I'll make more through cap app this year than you will in divs while I'll have a few div wins of lesser players

Where did I say it on every single "cheap" player? Of course there is value in SOME players who are not the regular dividend winners. But I would hazard a guess that 75%ish of players on here will never win more than 1/2 dividends, with 50%+ never going to win a single dividend. There should be little to no value in those, but yet people are gamblers and stupid and buy them anyways, giving yourself and others nice CA. But there is no REAL value in them, so it's not for me. Too big a risk for me as at some point the arse will fall out of it and I don't want to be left with players I cant market sell when it does.

But with regular dividends winners there will always be value.