We’re all seeking Value - What’s your technique?

• Scatter gun approach for me!😂

• @CJ0101 i agree the market isn’t as safe as it was 6 months ago

• Mine is simple. When the market saturates (albeit, this is years away in my opinion) the best value will be in those who win dividends. So, my whole port is those who win PB & MB. As low a risk as you can get and still prints money as they will constantly rise for years to come.

• @RU99 said in We’re all seeking Value - What’s your technique?:

Mine is simple. When the market saturates (albeit, this is years away in my opinion) the best value will be in those who win dividends. So, my whole port is those who win PB & MB. As low a risk as you can get and still prints money as they will constantly rise for years to come.

I agree 👍

I will certainly be in dividends when the market saturates & there is no growth left.

But like you say, this is likely to be years away (I think the platform could grow for the next decade with the right expansion plan) so there are much easier ways to earn money in the meantime.

• @Ericali easier maybe, but full of risk. A huge % of players on here should have little to no value, as they will be lucky to win PB or MB once or twice in their lifetime. While buying these players can be profitable I am sure, all CA profit is purely down to people not understanding the platform and making stupid buys.

I would rather have my money in players who have value based upon their PB and MB current/future potential, than relying on stupidity.

• @RU99 said in We’re all seeking Value - What’s your technique?:

@Ericali easier maybe, but full of risk. A huge % of players on here should have little to no value, as they will be lucky to win PB or MB once or twice in their lifetime. While buying these players can be profitable I am sure, all CA profit is purely down to people not understanding the platform and making stupid buys.

I would rather have my money in players who have value based upon their PB and MB current/future potential, than relying on stupidity.

I'd love to see someone do the stats, but probably 80-85% of everyone on here probably have never won a dividend.

Regardless of this, probably 90% of the platform have grew the past year.

This is because these players COULD develope into proven dividend winners - and this is what people are buying. Trying to be first in the queue.

It's why Max (Augsburg) has trebled in value the past month or the reason Sancho went from 50p to hit the high today of £7.50.

Potentially, what could Sancho's future be with the index still growing? 🤔

• @Ericali said in We’re all seeking Value - What’s your technique?:

@RU99 said in We’re all seeking Value - What’s your technique?:

@Ericali easier maybe, but full of risk. A huge % of players on here should have little to no value, as they will be lucky to win PB or MB once or twice in their lifetime. While buying these players can be profitable I am sure, all CA profit is purely down to people not understanding the platform and making stupid buys.

I'd love to see someone do the stats, but probably 80-85% of everyone on here probably have never won a dividend.

Regardless of this, probably 90% of the platform have grew the past year.

This is because these players COULD develope into proven dividend winners - and this is what people are buying. Trying to be first in the queue.

It's why Max (Augsburg) has trebled in value the past month or the reason Sancho went from 50p to hit the high today of £7.50.

Potentially, what could Sancho's future be with the index still growing? 🤔

And that is my point in one fell swoop. Probably 90% have risen. But we disagree completely in that they have risen because they COULD develop into proven div winners. Probably 90% of that 90% has risen because people don't understand dividends and who can win them - apart from the one or two flukes that anyone can have. They have risen because of people being naive/stupid.

Sancho is an exception, as there is clear talent there and always has been. There will always be a certain amount of players who have not won PB/MB that have a reasonable potential to win them consistently, and it's right and fair they are priced as such. But I would hazard a guess that if you purchased 1 share in every player on the index, you will not get a dividend from them in their whole career on 75-80% of them.

You can make money from those people, I understand that, it's clear to see. But I dont want to earn money based upon stupidity of others as that is a risk that people will wake up eventually and I would be left with 1,000 henderson shares that nobody will buy!

• @RU99 Big Don (very successful Twitter trader) & deemed a "whale" buys virtually the entire platform. It takes him about 5 mins to scroll through his portfolio! 😆

Not in any great quantities, he buys 200 here, 300 there & holds them - but he has made over £100k through growth of the platform.

So, rather than saying people are stupid - you kind of think the stupid ones are the ones not taking advantage of this rising tide while it lasts.....

@RU99 Big Don (very successful Twitter trader) & deemed a "whale" buys virtually the entire platform. It takes him about 5 mins to scroll through his portfolio! 😆

Not in any great quantities, he buys 200 here, 300 there & holds them - but he has made over £100k through growth of the platform.

So, rather than saying people are stupid - you kind of think the stupid ones are the ones not taking advantage of this rising tide while it lasts.....

Possibly you are right - but it's a massive risk as at some point you'll be left with 1,000's upon 1,000's of shares with nobody to buy them.

I'm happy with as little risk as there can be and a solid % ROI knowing there will always be people to buy my shares as they win divs.

• @RU99 totally disagree with you on your argument, why are people stupid for looking to get on a player before anyone else, take max last night. I have 500 and held for 3 weeks, in that time he has won me £85 pound in dividends and cost 60p a share. My thought process is that he is young talented and well underpriced. I've now made good divs and nice profit and will hopefully do the same on a few more. It's not stupid it's the way it is so you either go along with the index or put logic to it as you think you are and stick with your supposed pb winners who win 3 or 4 times a year, I'll guarantee you I'll make more through cap app this year than you will in divs while I'll have a few div wins of lesser players

• Edit - I was WAAAY wrong on Big Don...

It's quarter of a mill!! 😮 (That's from October too)

0_1576672386170_Screenshot_20191218-123154.png

• Are the trackers still avaion the website. I cant see them using my phone. Just wondering as with the value available at the moment i was considering using them for any further investment

Edit - I was WAAAY wrong on Big Don...

It's quarter of a mill!! 😮 (That's from October too)

0_1576672386170_Screenshot_20191218-123154.png

How grotty to talk financials. He must be a right oik.

• @MUFC said in We’re all seeking Value - What’s your technique?:

@RU99 totally disagree with you on your argument, why are people stupid for looking to get on a player before anyone else, take max last night. I have 500 and held for 3 weeks, in that time he has won me £85 pound in dividends and cost 60p a share. My thought process is that he is young talented and well underpriced. I've now made good divs and nice profit and will hopefully do the same on a few more. It's not stupid it's the way it is so you either go along with the index or put logic to it as you think you are and stick with your supposed pb winners who win 3 or 4 times a year, I'll guarantee you I'll make more through cap app this year than you will in divs while I'll have a few div wins of lesser players

Where did I say it on every single "cheap" player? Of course there is value in SOME players who are not the regular dividend winners. But I would hazard a guess that 75%ish of players on here will never win more than 1/2 dividends, with 50%+ never going to win a single dividend. There should be little to no value in those, but yet people are gamblers and stupid and buy them anyways, giving yourself and others nice CA. But there is no REAL value in them, so it's not for me. Too big a risk for me as at some point the arse will fall out of it and I don't want to be left with players I cant market sell when it does.

But with regular dividends winners there will always be value.

• How many pb winners have there been this season under a pound, I'd hazard more than over a pound, I agree certain players have no value, ie Saudi players from world cup etc, but I am invested in orji okwonkwo only 21 and chance of going back to bologna, people will invest as he's a talent a could win pb and Stipe perica who may come back to a pb league, I'm on both dirt cheap, now they may not win pb but that's the beauty of the gamble, one thing is guaranteed though that 85% of the players will be higher in 6 months time

• @RU99 the bigger they are the harder they fall just look at depay 😬 how many divs has he returned in the last year by the way

• There seems to be some real push back on this forum when people try to logically explain why the lower end has, on a very large % of players, no "real" value. I can only assume that is because people have a very specific agenda to push in the hope the sheep follow and buy their penny stocks.

To repeat, as it seems some are not able to read and digest, as I have said on MULTIPLE occasions now, of course there is real dividend potential in some - and by dividend potential I mean regular dividends, not 1/2/3 a career - but that some is a small %. If somebody can convince me with actual facts and not just "they will rise anyways" then I will admit the error of my ways. But the reason that they are rising is people will buy anyone on here without thinking about dividend earning potential - and at some point huge amount of people on here will be left with huge amounts of shares at a massive loss - MY strategy, which is what this thread is about, is to ensure I am not one of those people. Simple.

As for Depay, yes he has tanked. But in 6 months he will be back above his previous high as HE WINS DIVIDENDS, everyone is in agreement there.

• @RU99 how many dividends has he won this season

• @MUFC @RU99

Once in Aug, Sep & Oct and twice in Dec. So technically yes he does win dividends but is he a regular dividend winner?

Also won once in May, but that's it going back to 2016

0_1576678144860_Depay.jpg

• @MUFC not 100% as I don't hold, but I believe he's won PB 4 times this season, one of which was star man. Ie, he actually has real value.