Does anyone know how fi are doing financially?

• I know they have borrowed a lot of money to get to the situation they are in now but I wondered if they are making any money yet? I just find it hard to imagine with all the bonuses, prize giveaways, marketing and dividends that they are. I know they are thinking long term but I wondered how they are doing now?

• Yes Adam Cole and the board of directors know this answer. Everyone else can only speculate.

• @Tom7471 said in Does anyone know how fi are doing financially?:

I know they have borrowed a lot of money to get to the situation they are in now but I wondered if they are making any money yet? I just find it hard to imagine with all the bonuses, prize giveaways, marketing and dividends that they are. I know they are thinking long term but I wondered how they are doing now?

How do you know they have borrowed? All we know is they have crowdfunded a couple of rounds of equity through Seedrs.

• @Coleyscrooge the crowdfunding is what I mean.

• @Tom7471 ah ok, that’s for equity in the company so is very different from borrowing.

• @Tom7471 it's a good question but very difficult to answer as they don't publish their accounts.

My opinion. They aren't breaking even from trading commission alone. However, it's the deposits which I'm more interested in understanding. Don't have the stats to give an accurate figure, but I'd guess the amount deposited in FI must be minimum £50m+. What they do with the money is not entirely clear, as I think they only need to protect money held in the account and future liabilities? I'd guess there's investment of these funds in some form, or part of it, with growth which would offset operating costs and liabilities.

Their expenditure on advertising will be huge at the moment. London tube, taxis, EPL games, Motty etc. No doubt its working as we saw in Jan (and will see again very soon) but this will also eat into any profit made.

The fact that FI were able to bid and almost acquire a US based platform suggests their finances are somewhat healthy and not considered a risk. On the flip side, there is a huge focus on growth which is a good thing for sure, but there will come a point (3-5 years time) where growth is not the main focus and operating balances are the main priority and the business needs to stabilise (not dependent on further investment).

What's great about FI is how open the CEO, and Directors (Mike and Ciaran) are. There was some concerns on here previously (possibly late 2017/ early 2018?) when new Directors were appointed, who came from a gambling background. In came G&A (now IPD) and many felt the business was changing direction, but here we are, with Adam still very open and approachable and a generous div increase heading into exciting times in the New Year.

In terms of protection, as I alluded to, I would imagine FI are liable to honour open bets (3 years) and pay out despite how well the company is performing. In FI terms, as a minimum this would mean payouts for PB continue even if the company collapsed, so in terms of returns, Messi has to be the best choice for maximising dividend returns (if you discount value of player). Sorry, had to include a little pump somewhere!

• 0_1576681926173_252E05B3-2FE1-4C39-AB6A-16AE325A09BC.png

£85 million deposited according to FI market cap and I’m guessing we must be well over 400k users. If anyone on here has signed up within the last few weeks we’d be able to check that by looking at your refer a friend number in the settings. I really dont think FI will be struggling for commission especially if they are planning a massive advertising blitz for the new year. I’m guessing they wouldn’t be able to sign off on that unless they were financially strong and healthy.

As an example of how much commission FI can make off one player. Depay went from £4.80 to £3.75 due to his injury meaning £403,000 was taken out of him if my maths is correct. That in commission alone is 8k. Now add in the fact a lot of people instant sold with a fairly big spread and the amount of money FI probably got out of it is probably closer to £20,000. Thats just one extreme example. Now imagine every single sale that goes through, whether it’s instant sale or market, FI are making money on every single one and theres probably thousands a day that go through. It all adds up.

• Ive also wondered this, especially as I’m a fairly active trader and this week my divs overtook my commission costs. I imagine IPOs provide them with a nice cash boost. They are effectively selling something that costs them nothing with only future divs as a cost for upwards of £2 a pop in some cases. Plus any player with no sell queue they would do the same.

Any player you IS they can sell back at full market price. Although not sure if they go into the queue or are only ever reintroduced when the sell queue is empty.

• Don’t want to alarm anyone but just seen him in my local Cash4Toenails shop

• In answer to the thread title - not good, I'm afraid.

Rumours are the lunch with Adam Cole is at his local Nando's, where he's using his loyalty points to get a whole chicken to share. The flat screen TVs, laptops and other flash gear is on finance from BrightHouse and the car has been wrongly advertised too, it's actually a trolley dash round Aldi.

• Surely with the size of spreads on players now added to the maniacs who you see IS the top players every match day after the don’t win star man by half time they must be doing all right 😱 I’m sure we will see plenty of Kroos and Messis going through as IS sales tonight depending on who wins the match

• @Yellow 😂 To be fair, the car is left hand drive. Dodgy import?