Takumi Minamino

• @TeamGB no just looking from the outside in he is a very expensive hold, do you really think he is going to get that much game time to hold his current price up? If you do then fair enough but I don't personally see it, he is a 7m signing so of it doesn't work it's no real money lost to Liverpool, just don't think he'll get real game time to even get anywhere near affecting pb scores which is what his current price suggests he will be

• @MUFC There’s a lot of press about what an incredible deal they’ve got for that £7mil. I don’t disagree with what you’re saying but feel he deserves a look at first when he starts playing before judging if he’s overvalued or not. There’s plenty of players at much higher prices such as some of these youngsters who haven’t proven they’ll get big PB scores regularly yet.

• He is way over valued as is.
    The lad will barely get game time with the likes of origi and Keita on form knocking on the door competing with a deadly in form front 3 , where you also have the overated ox also pushing for minutes .
    He won’t start a meaningful game in the short to medium term as klopp has shown time and time again that he prefers working on new signings on the training field on fitness ..... before giving them minutes.
    Best bet for him is that the league gets wrapped up early and then he alongside other prospects are sure to get decent game time ... that will be at least 3 months away .

• @TeamGB totally agree with you on that point players like Hudson odoi I think are well over priced for what they bring to the table on the index, maybe a good pb player long term but a big gamble at that cost

• It's nice the way Minamino hasn't been announced officially yet because Klopp wanted to wait until a treble media day on FI 😁.
    Oh, what day is it now? 😉

• Whether Minamino is over-valued or not, one piece of advice people often give on here is predict what TRADERS will do and not PLAYERS.

We have a LOT OF new traders joining now and moreso in the next few weeks so bear in mind that Minamino is currently all over the news.
    New traders, especially Liverpool fans, will absolutely want to "own" a piece of him so I expect a far smaller drop-off than usual post-transfer signing announcements.

Harvey Elliott (who I absolutely rate!) is another who is catching the eye at the right time to appeal to new traders

• @ScouseSte just not gonna play much though so people may get bored holding Elliott I know I would

• I expect he will hold his price or rise a little more right up until his league debut and then when it's clear he is only starting as many games as Shaqiri his price will steadily decline.

His graph 3/4 months from now will look like Nabil Fekirs graph looks now

• @MUFC said in Takumi Minamino:

@ScouseSte just not gonna play much though so people may get bored holding Elliott I know I would

People can get bored all they like, but if you're a long term trader and can pick up a clearly exceptional young player for well under £3 (who is still only SIXTEEN) you'll be over the moon to have him now.
    The index is rising across the board and will likely continue throughout Jan/Feb, so these prices will soon look at lot more reasonable too.

• @TeamGB some absolute shite being spoken here I'm afraid!! He's not got less attacking responsibilities, the full backs are still the main attacking outlets in this team (see last night, comes on and sets up the winner). I agree with you that Minamino is absolute class but he's not more likely to win PB than TAA in fact they're not even competing for the same PB, defenders and mids have a different category so they could both win on the same day!! He's unlikely to come in and come into the team straight away, look at how klopp has brought in other players, Keita, Ox-Chambo, Andy Robbo, Fabinho all took 6+ months to get established as regular starters. Minamino will be the same. I wouldn't expect anything from him until the start of next season when he's used to the team and system until then he will be cover for Firmino most probably. What about him makes you think he'll rack up the PB???

• This is mainly for new traders who have bought in to Minamino and is my take on what is happening now and what will happen next regarding his price:

At the moment, he looks strong favourite to win the top MB tonight (5p per share). With that in mind, not too many people are going to be selling right now.
    However, those who bought a few days or weeks ago who want guaranteed cash back from him ASAP will have put him in the sell queue by now, whilst people are still buying.
    After midnight tonight, there will be a price fall because other holders not in a massive rush to sell will have waited for the extra 5p before putting him in the queue (which may not be worth it because the fall created by this will likely be a bit more than 5p I suspect).

Anyway, the key thing to be aware of, is that it is a "temporary" fall - it's only created by people listing the player - if they decide to unlist, the price goes back up. Or if someone else buys, the price goes back up.
    The only way the price drops "for real" is if people INSTANT SELL Minamino (which goes back to FI) but with a current spread of 20p, I cannot foresee anyone doing that.

In the words of Jonesy from Dads Army... "Don't Panic! " 😁

• @9stevo If say let's just wait and see as we are both guessing how often he’s going to be or how successful he’ll be at racking up the PB. And if you are talking about TAA, he hasn’t one any at all for about 6 weeks!!

• @TeamGB I didn't say he had won any in the last 6 weeks, I said Minamino won't effect TAA's PB in any way as they play in different positions! He's not won any because he's been a bit out of form and looks like he needs a rest

• Unfortunately I missed the boat @£1.50 and for me now he’s over priced based on what he’s done so far. He looks a player and what a fantastic piece of business by Liverpool, £20mil these days buys you nothing, a player with 2 legs is a bonus!!

Forgive the pump but at £0.44 amath ndiaye has most of my money, he’s 2 years younger, quicker and equally as skilled and Getafe 4th and in Europe!! Back from a year out so will hopefully gain a following. Sorry again !!

To end serious well done for those who have made massive profit on minamino, excellent work 👍💰

• @9stevo Fair enough. But at TAA’s price he needs to be bang on it all the time to maintain a price miles ahead of all other defenders on the index.

• @TeamGB agreed, his surge in price coincided with him winning PB a few times around the time of the div increase made people think he was going to win it every week and the money flew into him. It’s a three year bet though remember, with CA and div increases it would take an absolute miracle for TAA to be a lower price in three years time when his shares expire

• @ScouseSte said in Takumi Minamino:

This is mainly for new traders who have bought in to Minamino and is my take on what is happening now and what will happen next regarding his price:

At the moment, he looks strong favourite to win the top MB tonight (5p per share). With that in mind, not too many people are going to be selling right now.
    However, those who bought a few days or weeks ago who want guaranteed cash back from him ASAP will have put him in the sell queue by now, whilst people are still buying.
    After midnight tonight, there will be a price fall because other holders not in a massive rush to sell will have waited for the extra 5p before putting him in the queue (which may not be worth it because the fall created by this will likely be a bit more than 5p I suspect).

Anyway, the key thing to be aware of, is that it is a "temporary" fall - it's only created by people listing the player - if they decide to unlist, the price goes back up. Or if someone else buys, the price goes back up.
    The only way the price drops "for real" is if people INSTANT SELL Minamino (which goes back to FI) but with a current spread of 20p, I cannot foresee anyone doing that.

In the words of Jonesy from Dads Army... "Don't Panic! " 😁

As anticipated, down 10p in the last 9 hours but no actually instant selling happening. Purely down to people putting in the sell queue.

• With the latest injury to the Ox, this now looks an even more shrewd buy from both LFC and Football Index traders alike.

Minamino's chances of first team football have probably doubled now

• How low do people think he can go? Must be hard for the guy having to play with the kids every game, but he's looked pretty poor, especially against Wolves. May be one of those players that just takes a while to bed in though

• @ChazFI123 he might start on Wednesday if Mané is out. Liverpool have no reason to rush him back, so Minamino may start LW

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.