Calvin Stengs vs. Javairô Dilrosun

• I was looking into buying Dilrosun last night and started looking at obvious player comparisons - i thought i'd sahre this one.

Name: Calvin Stengs £2.25
    Position: Forward - Right Winger
    D.O.B: Dec 1998 (21)
    Team: AZ Alkmaar
    Transfermarkt Value: £18m
    2019/20 Apps: 30
    2019/20 Goals: 9
    2019/20 Assists: 11
    2018/19 Apps: 27
    2018/19 Goals: 5
    2018/19 Assists: 4
    Dutch caps: 1app (0 goals, 2 assists)
    Dutch U21 caps: 5apps (3goals)
    Who Scored Rating: 7.50
    Key Attributes - Passing, Creativity
    Top 3 PB scores: 274, 243, 130 (Non PB league)

Name: Javairô Dilrosun £1.01
    Position: Forward - Left Winger
    D.O.B: Jun 1998 (21)
    Team: Hertha Berlin
    2019/20 Apps: 13
    2019/20 Goals: 3
    2019/20 Assists: 3
    2018/19 Apps: 22
    2018/19 Goals: 2
    2018/19 Assists: 5
    Dutch caps: 1app (0 goals, 0 assists)
    Dutch U21 caps: 4apps (1goals)
    Who Scored Rating: 6.77
    Key Attributes - Dribbling, Finishing
    Top 3 PB scores: 154, 143, 129 (PB league)

Looking at the 2 players - i guess i was hoping to find that Dilrosun's stats would be a little closer to Stengs. But looking at the stats Stengs is rightly ahead of him and you could argue that Stengs passing ability makes him more suited to PB - so in this case they are priced about right.

However what the stats dont take into account is the injuries/minutes...Dilrosun suffered a setback with a spinal issue and that has resulted in being in and out the team, hes never really cemented down a place - with alot of his appearances coming from the bench which has affected his progression and also his PB scores. what will be interesting now is if he gets a run in the team - he's more direct than stengs so should be amongst the goals as his confidence grows. Stengs is looking very likley to earn a place in the dutch team for the euros, another reason his price is so much higher - Dilrosun also has been in the dutch squad and with the uncertainty now of Malan & Depay - if he starts to hit some form, he shouldnt be too far away. Regardless of the stats i just cant help but think Dilrosun is underpriced - hes a match winner in a PB league (just needs a run of games) - with an outside chance of making the euros if he can hit some form at the right time and maybe gets some luck with the current injury situation. whats peoples views on Dilrosun?
    it could also be argued Stengs is also underpriced...he has Euros and a potential move to PB league still to spike his price.

• @G27
    I did similar research on the pair and I went for Dilrosun for many of the reasons you mentioned but also; new manager is playing him LM and last night LB. He’s getting more of the ball and seems to be favoured by the manager, when I was picking my Euro players he fitted nicely into the “gone under the radar” sub £1.50 batch.

• Could also add in Myron Boadu to that as an alternative to Stengs

Name: Calvin Stengs £2.05
    Position: Forward - Left Winger
    D.O.B: Jan 2001 (18)
    Team: AZ Alkmaar
    2019/20 Apps: 27
    2019/20 Goals: 17
    2019/20 Assists: 12
    2018/19 Apps: 11
    2018/19 Goals: 3
    2018/19 Assists: 3
    Dutch caps: 1app (sub) (1 goal, 0 assists)
    Dutch U21 caps: 2 apps (2goals)
    Who Scored Rating: 7.31
    Key Attributes - Finishing
    Top PB score: 181 ave 86.20 (Non PB league)

I only include him as I did compared him and Stengs before deciding who to invest in back in October

• I know this is probably not a fair reflection on Stengs, but the two games against Man United he was so poor, after seeing him spoken about on the forum I was quite excited, but in the first match especially he got outshone by the other winger. Be interesting to see how he progresses now

• @Brane_Orsou

yep Boadu & Stengs are probably on a similar path right now, i missed out on stengs annoyingly after deliberatingfor too long - managed to get on Boadu @ 0.65 so pleased with his progression. when i see Cody Gakpo @ £1.35 it makes me like Dilrosun even more.

• @G27 they are both progressing well and (I think) people sometimes forget that there is 3 years between them. Both look like they could develop into quality players and expect at least one of them to be in the Holland squad at the Euro's. I got on Boadu a little after you @ £0.76 so happy with what he's doing but also got on Stengs at the same time @ £0.75 so both are doing well for me.

Just got to find the next one now :P But Dutch clubs/league has history of producing quality youngster who have gone on to do big things

• For gods sake mate Stengs is in an inferior league which makes this whole debate a joke

• @Soccer-Stocks
    are you suggesting Stengs isnt that good?

• I’ve been seeing dilrosun’ s name about on twitter so taken the plunge.

On the face of it there is no reason why he can’t be £2

Got the youth factor
    Striker /winger
    Def transferable

Don't be shocked to see huge pumps for him and one of the next big risers over the next 3 months.

• @Tom77 said in Calvin Stengs vs. Javairô Dilrosun:

I’ve been seeing dilrosun’ s name about on twitter so taken the plunge.

On the face of it there is no reason why he can’t be £2

Got the youth factor
    Striker /winger
    Def transferable

Don't be shocked to see huge pumps for him and one of the next big risers over the next 3 months.

I agree and have done the same for those exact reasons 👍

• @Tom77 another one I've been holding at a loss for a couple of months, doubled up on him before he started rising yesterday. Still at a loss but only just

• @Ddr me too but with him playing FB for Holland I have a feeling he’s got a decent rise before the Euros

• Been tracking Dilrosun for a while. Got on today - just the sort to come to the Prem.