Matchday Thread - Sat 21/12 - 30 (THIRTY!) PB eligible games

• @johnboywalker said in Matchday Thread - Sat 21/12 - 30 (THIRTY!) PB eligible games:

Bayern Munich v Wolfsburg, confirmed lineup.

0_1576936036231_Screenshot_20191221-134632_SofaScore.jpg

Perisic at 68p looks tasty for IPDs.

Loving seeing kimmich start at right back again

• @MickTurbo

Don't count your chickens mate. I thought that initially too, but wouldn't be surprised if Kimmich swaps with Javi Martinez and Pavard slots into right back. They have lined up like that several times this season ... 🤷‍♂️

• @johnboywalker said in Matchday Thread - Sat 21/12 - 30 (THIRTY!) PB eligible games:

@MickTurbo

Don't count your chickens mate. I thought that initially too, but wouldn't be surprised if Kimmich swaps with Javi Martinez and Pavard slots into right back. They have lined up like that several times this season ... 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully somebody's watching and can shed light

• @MickTurbo

Yeah, it's as I said. Kimmich in centre mid, pavard at right back. I'd be starting to get a little concerned if I was a Kimmich holder.

• @johnboywalker

Annoying. Seriously torn as to what i do with him.

• @MickTurbo said in Matchday Thread - Sat 21/12 - 30 (THIRTY!) PB eligible games:

@johnboywalker

Annoying. Seriously torn as to what i do with him.

We all know that Kimmich as a defender is one of the best holds on the index.

But if both Kimmich and his manager see his future as a midfielder, then he instantly loses value. He wont win PB in that Bayern midfield, let alone the entire index on a silver/gold day.

All it takes is a Coutinho/Gnabry/Goretzka goal and his chances are fucked. He performs the role of recycling possession and providing the ball to the more creative, attacking midfielders. An essential role for the team, but bad news for FI holders.

I know a few users have spoken about the fact FI have 'guaranteed' them Kimmich won't be reclassified, but surely that is horseshit. If he continues to play centre mid, OPTA will change his classification to midfielder, and rightly so.

I won't tell others what to do, other than to trust what your eyes are showing you and ask yourself the question;

How much do you believe Kimmich is worth if he is reclassified as a midfielder?

Look at the panic drop that occurred last time FI temporarily changed his classification for the Germany internationals. 🤯

I am confident that answer won't be £4+.

EDIT-
    I just had a look at his recent positions on sofascore.

Of the last 12 games for both club and country. He has played 10 in centre midfield and 2 at right back. I don't hold any futures in Kimmich, and have no vested interest in the player. I know this post might upset a few holders, but I am merely pointing out facts.

If this continues, surely it's only a matter of time before he is reclassified ...

• @johnboywalker I’m fairly new around here, but if he’s getting high scores playing in mid at the moment in a team that doesn’t keep clean sheets then his Pb scores won’t really be affected much by being reclassified as a mid? Is it simply because average midfield Pb wins are higher than defender ones?

• @John1989 partly yes, but you've got to look at who hed be competing with for pb j his own team let alone any other fixtures, coutinho, thiago, goretzka, coman, gnabry, tolisso

• @John1989 said in Matchday Thread - Sat 21/12 - 30 (THIRTY!) PB eligible games:

@johnboywalker I’m fairly new around here, but if he’s getting high scores playing in mid at the moment in a team that doesn’t keep clean sheets then his Pb scores won’t really be affected much by being reclassified as a mid? Is it simply because average midfield Pb wins are higher than defender ones?

That is partly true. Defender PB until recently, has probably been the easiest to win in terms of scoring, which is the reason why Trent and Kimmich are the most expensive defenders.

But in order to understand his PB scores, you need to look at the PB matrix, which is the scoring system. As a defensive central midfielder, he is less likely to perform crosses, dribbles, assists, long passes, which were his strengths as a full back, and often resulted in high PB scores.

I am confident that 9 out of 10 persons will agree with me that if Kimmich is reclassified as a midfielder, then this will have a negative effect on both his current price and his potential to win PB.

On a positive note for Kimmich holders. Martinez has just been injured with Boateng coming on. If it's a lengthy injury, this may result in Pavard moving to central defence and Kimmich returning to right back ... at least until Bayern buy a new centre half in the January window.

Oh the drama.

• @johnboywalker thanks for the explanation. I haven’t seen too much of Kimmich, suppose he’s more defensively minded than say Kroos who gets high PB scores, and even Jorginho who also scores quite well on the matrix.

• Adama Traore posting 152 PB score with no goal involvement for Wolves. Lad's flying and surely can't be far away from getting top forward soon.

• Don't mind seeing gundogan on pennas mind. Especially when its potentially a GWG. My worst performing hold at time of writing, 40p in red.

Make that 36p

• Wish mahrez played more, such a good PB player when he does. He’s looked class today though, wonder if that will lead to a few more starts over the busy run.

• 1 goal and 3 assists for Suarez

• Fully expect one of these Ligue 1 players to win star player tonight given the top score is only around 250. Camavinga perhaps has a possibly amongst the usual suspects...

• @TeamGB neymar at home against a team in the relegation zone. Surely he’s got to be favourite!

• A fully fit and on form Neymar literally prints money, plays against farmers most weeks, long may it continue 💰💰

• @ChazFI123 🥳👍🏼💰🥳🎄🎄🎄🎄merry Christmas brother!!!

• This post is deleted!

• @ChazFI123 mad that he’s not more expensive.