A breather from FI/ changing strategy at times

• Hi fellow traders, am curious if any of you take a break from the Index or change your strategy to a less intensive one at times?

I love the FI product ( and the endorphins!) but get slightly frazzled by it on occasion. This may be down to my individual personality type and FOMO in a rising market which keeps my focus.

I joined a year ago and have done well in my smallish port but am trying to achieve a better FI/life balance as it were. I see the index as a great place to keep “investing” and the solution may be to switch up strategy from time to get better balance.

Can anyone offer any advice or feedback from their own experience. Cheers Everyone👍

• Banned

@Pizarro
    I just buy long term and barely trade.

Nice and easy.

• Yeah I had a lot of money in before the dividend increase and now my port is much smaller and I'm constantly reducing it. I love the product but so many things happen that make me want to use it less and less. I'm hoping to eventually have about 3 players with quite a lot of money in and then just leave it.

• I tend to go through phases. I buy for the long term but i find i cant ignore when a player is subject to rapid growth. If my intended long holds suddenly spike i prefer to market sell on the climb(depending on the player) this means i find it hard to maintain my long term strategy sometimes because i fear the dip after the climb.

Aside from 10 decent holds in premium players i have spread the rest of my portfolio very thin to prevent the FOMO in an expanding market. I have 80 other PB and MB players with holds ranging from 50 down to as low as 10. This wont suit everyone but my aim is that my 10 bigger holds satisfy my thirst for big wins and all my my smaller ones allow dividends to trickle on a more regular basis meaning FOMO wont influence my trading as much and cap app spikes in these players is less likely to make me want to sell.

I should add my strategy changes all the time because the market sentiment is changing all the time. I admire how some can stick to one strategy as it takes a lot of self control but its not always the most efficient way of doing things

• Banned

@Black-wolf
    Totally agree with the efficiency thing

With my strategy I believe I can make much more profit by being more active.
    But atm, 100% profit in a year for barely trading and just sitting back is a nice stress free way of playing.
    And I am largely immune to big drops becausr it will early always come back to divs/long term players.

• @MrWh1te said in A breather from FI/ changing strategy at times:

@Black-wolf
    Totally agree with the efficiency thing

With my strategy I believe I can make much more profit by being more active.
    But atm, 100% profit in a year for barely trading and just sitting back is a nice stress free way of playing.
    And I am largely immune to big drops becausr it will early always come back to divs/long term players.

Nice and easy, just a few players, hoping to at least double the PF every year. Gives you plenty of time to find the next sub £2 player who will replace your highest one, who may not rise much more that quickly.

If you know what you're doing and trade more often, there's a potential for much more profit. But some of us like to have a life outside here too.

• @MrWh1te totally agree. I only hold dividend earners. Thats one strategy i decided at the end of last season and i will stick to it. Im not a fan of the pure cap app game at all last season was different with all that was going on and the huge youth trend you couldnt ignore CA it was the easiest way to make money, now i will only buy and hold players where dividends drive theyre cap app