When players were trading around £18 what were the divs like?

• I have heard many people saying that players were trading around the £20 mark I was wondering what the media and pb divs were to entice people to buy these kinds of players? If anyone's knows that would be great, it was before my time on here.

• Divs were the ones before the recent rises, must be a table somewhere showing the new increases from the old.
    It was the share split that snowballed prices with new users jumping on in jan.

The divs are better now than they were then, so still lots of value out their for yield returns.

• It was the share split that boosted prices to such a high level.

Similarly these kind of rises could happen next year with just hype about the product now it’s going more mainstream.

• Ah cool thanks guys. Were the players around £18 just before the share split?

• @Tom7471 said in When players were trading around £18 what were the divs like?:

Ah cool thanks guys. Were the players around £18 just before the share split?

Yes. Neymar and pogba were raking in the divs so the promise of being able to buy a player 3 times as cheap in a few months just fuelled it.

• There won't be a £20 player for some time now due to the uncertainty of media. Pogba and neymar use to be dead cert. Wins daily so people just piled in sat back and enjoyed. Without the announcement of the share split I doubt we would have had a £20 player. The dividends are great now in comparison to then yet the top end hasn't grown. Why? Because I don't think people buy for media anymore so less value there and certainty to win.

• @C-Money said in When players were trading around £18 what were the divs like?:

There won't be a £20 player for some time now due to the uncertainty of media. Pogba and neymar use to be dead cert. Wins daily so people just piled in sat back and enjoyed. Without the announcement of the share split I doubt we would have had a £20 player. The dividends are great now in comparison to then yet the top end hasn't grown. Why? Because I don't think people buy for media anymore so less value there and certainty to win.

Yeah that’s a good point although I think media will change again and could see big growth in the top end especially if the big outlets from europa are on the platform.
    My griezmann shares would be doubling overnight if that happened .

• I think Neymar peaked at £24 with Poggers at £21
    And then the following group Messi/MBappe etc were sitting at around £16/17 at their peak

• @Tom77 I hope media does change would definitely increase value of the index and I hope your griesman shares doubles overnight 😉. My strategy has changed since media opening up. I don't think I hold any player above £3. But if media changes I will change the way I play the game

• Banned

Pre-share split announcement, people were trading below £10. There were many many threads about who the next £10 player would be (excluding Neymar/Pogba).

People up for debate were the likes of Kane, Sterling, Rashford etc

• @C-Money said in When players were trading around £18 what were the divs like?:

@Tom77 I hope media does change would definitely increase value of the index and I hope your griesman shares doubles overnight 😉. My strategy has changed since media opening up. I don't think I hold any player above £3. But if media changes I will change the way I play the game

Same here pretty much.
    Things change so fast on here though only takes one announcement in the summer.

• £24 is insane. Shows people are willing to put that kind of money in that kind of player if the divs allow it. I wonder what might they might do to change the media?

• Banned

@Tom7471
    It wasn't that price because of the divs.

It was that price because of the share split. People thought that the top players would look insanely cheap after the share-split and would be big risers, so they piled in hard on them, forcing prices way too high

I think Neymar was around £12 before the announcement from memory

• From memory, a treble PB day (now a gold day) was 12p per position and 6p for star man. So not a million miles from what we have now.

• Thanks for the info guys. Much to ponder on.

• I’ve found an old screenshot from March 25th (I think) for anyone who’s interested in the pre share split prices of some of the big names.

0_1577013144371_F74695EC-9F72-41D2-BF0B-CF20DBC5C350.jpeg

• @Mr-Fuzzman wow that's crazy thanks for that.

• Banned

@Mr-Fuzzman Nice

It should be made clear though, this was AFTER the SS was announced and after all the prices went insane.

• @MrWh1te he was £15.
    Messi was just under £14
    Ronaldo and salah were about £12
    And Pogba was just over £9 😱

That was at the time of me joining and there was no news of a share split at that time. I remember about a month after some people talking about a questionnaire they had been sent out in regards to one in the future and from that point on the index went crazy

• Banned

This post is deleted!