Sander Berge

• I've been keeping an eye on this lad but not bought any futures.

I Noticed he's risen about 20p in the last week or so. Just wondered if anyone on here has bought any and your reasons for doing so? I noticed he was linked to arsenal a little while back but most recently with Real Betis. Don't know much else about him. Is he a pass master or an assist king type player?

My understanding is he's a defensive midfielder which is what I think put me off buying even at his cheap price.

• From what I understand he is a Xhaka type player, deep lying midfielder. Pass completion was great when Arsenal were linked with him last year. Not many goals but he is young and 6"5in, so maybe an aerial threat. I don't hold any futures but he is on my watchlist.

• @MrYaio thanks. Yeah I'll keep an eye on his situation but I hate paying more when I could have had a player for so much cheaper just a couple of weeks ago so will probably avoid just cos I'm stubborn haha.

• I think I will watch and look to purchase after the world cup as it looks like a transfer to a PB relevant league is going to happen.

• I've got 100 x Berge sat at a profit of 10p. I have no idea why the market has reacted the way it did, I just got on for the ride! Some bright sparks out there have delved into it, feels almost sneaky to have profited from their hard work but sometimes you just have to read the market and develop a bit of an instinct for when is the time to take the plunge and when is the time to admit you've missed the boat. Last few days have been a massacre on my long term holds but great fun for day trading!

• @Pierrey2129 said in Sander Berge:

I've got 100 x Berge sat at a profit of 10p. I have no idea why the market has reacted the way it did, I just got on for the ride! Some bright sparks out there have delved into it, feels almost sneaky to have profited from their hard work but sometimes you just have to read the market and develop a bit of an instinct for when is the time to take the plunge and when is the time to admit you've missed the boat. Last few days have been a massacre on my long term holds but great fun for day trading!

The thing being this sort of trading will make profit but destroy the market in the long run.. if Twitter is used to get players for day trades with no qualifyd reasoning with 2000 players available it takes confidence away from bankers who are at big clubs capable of winning buzz and the logic of joining a platform based no knowledge is floored and stops investments.. I feel today Bernard’s rise is justified has out of contract 1 name and off to bigger club my all rights should be in first team however some of the names bought in last few days I’ve had to google which says it all.. will kill new investment so who ever wants a short term gain will make a loss in long run in my opinion

• @Chicken-Badge sorry CB you're a good lad and I agree with a lot of what you say but what you've said here makes no sense to me. If people want to take a punt on a cheap player in the off chance they can make a big profit is up to them, if it destroys the market then tough but I can't understand your reasoning or why it would destroy anything.

To me that's the beauty of FI. If we all just bought the buzz likely players it would be quite a boring platform. I like the excitement of buying an unknown that may become good in the future.

• @Chicken-Badge in fact if anything I think these are exactly the type of trades that encourage growth of the platform because newbies see you can Google a cheap unknown player with potential and make a quick 20 quid here or there. That for me would encourage me to invest more.

I think it's best to have a balance of buzz magnets and future investments. If not then what's the point in having a system with 2000 players? We might as well just go back to the top 200 like it used to be.

• @Stevo said in Sander Berge:

@Chicken-Badge in fact if anything I think these are exactly the type of trades that encourage growth of the platform because newbies see you can Google a cheap unknown player with potential and make a quick 20 quid here or there. That for me would encourage me to invest more.

I think it's best to have a balance of buzz magnets and future investments. If not then what's the point in having a system with 2000 players? We might as well just go back to the top 200 like it used to be.

Stevo has always its a debate and no right or wrong opinions. I did prefer the 200 player system but a mix of the two would be great. today I seen someone sell a totaly unknown player from B Faso ... think guy played for Mainz. Abol something I looked at the chart and he had moved the same amount has the investment. The strategy you speak of works effectively if the volume of bets are placed on the whole platform which has not been happening in last few days if you win great if you not know who you betting on and win and have to google has opose to winning off knowledge not sure on that. I do think it’s harder to make money here now than it was before Xmas. I may of miss understood the sentiment in this or read it wrong... was chatting on the Facebook group till silly o clock

• @Chicken-Badge i think if people are blindly putting money on anyone without doing any research good luck to them. Think there'll be more people who lose than win with that tactic.

I just mean if someone sees an unknown player on the rise and decides to buy 100 futures or whatever then why shouldn't they reap the rewards of buying in at the right time. That's how stocks and shares work really isn't it?

Ultimately we're all here to make a bit of money. That comes from the growth of the platform admittedly and i want to see FI grow as much as possible but i want that to be for all our benefits, not just to line Adam Coles pockets.

• @Stevo

Yes the guy was totaly stupid I didn’t know the player name googled it and looked at grath

If something’s going up it’s ok to buy in if timed right.

Here we have more info at hand than with other share markets

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.