Is it worth buying Rudiger today?

• Just for the easy 5p dividends.

Small spread but he has gone up 30p based on the racism stories, so this could be a trap beyond today?

• @DJ-110 absolutely not

• I bought him when he got injured last season. Holding him for the euros as i think he will make it. He will also be chelseas main cb for a few years. There will no doubt be a big dip after the mb dries up, but this could be a 3 dayer (inc last night) of mb.

Some profit taking happened about an hour ago when he reached 1.22, but hes already heading back up there quite quickly.

If you want him long term, buy in the big dip coming after this dies down...but some will still try and flip him today- risky business.

• I had £180 sat in my balance last night and knew Rudiger would be top of MB today. He was 98p at the time.

For some reason, I didn't go through with the trade. Maybe it didn't feel right, I dunno.

Whatever the reason, I've missed out on decent profit and I'm slightly annoyed at myself.

• @ScouseSte same, looked at him at 1.01

Theres been a lit of decisions not to buy by me in the last 2 weeks that I've instantly regretted

• @DJ-110 said in Is it worth buying Rudiger today?:

Just for the easy 5p dividends.

Small spread but he has gone up 30p based on the racism stories, so this could be a trap beyond today?

In short, if you're looking to jump on and off for 5p today then no. There will be a lot of people looking to take a profit and the spread will continue to widen. This is coming from someone that bought him this morning.

I expect him to take the 5p today and I expect him to be in amongst MB tomorrow and Christmas Day as they're both triple MB. Now he's back in the Chelsea side, I'm more interested to see how he goes for PB, which is what I usually buy for. Of all the teams in the 5 PB eligible leagues, Chelsea are 8th overall for possession (Bayern, PSG, Man City, Barcelona, Leverkusen, Dortmund and Liverpool are ahead in that order). Rudiger is a good ball playing centre back and has won top defender PB 3 times in the past so I think there's a chance of PB along the way to the Euros, should he make the Germany squad.

He's only a fraction of my portfolio, so if he goes south then I'm happy to hold and sell out when he inevitably spikes at a later date if I need to.

• Should get 2 more days of MB. At £1.15 that's 8% return. I bought last night at £1.03, market sold this morning at £1.22 and have rebought at £1.14 to hold for reasons outlined above.
    Don't normally get involved in these short term flips but my portfolio is up on a Monday due to this one.
    If only someone had call Pogba a French #### yesterday ...

• @Ddr said in Is it worth buying Rudiger today?:

@ScouseSte same, looked at him at 1.01

Theres been a lit of decisions not to buy by me in the last 2 weeks that I've instantly regretted

The sad thing is, this whole unsavoury episode has undoubtedly influenced where I DID spend that money - I looked at the following factors, in order of importance:

1. Player upcoming fixtures
    2. Player IPD potential
    3. Likelihood of player starting next games
    4. Player age (long term hold prospect?)
    5. Player nationality (re: playing in Euros?)
    6. Player media appeal

After weighing everything up, I've gone for Tammy Abraham - he, himself, was a previous victim of racist abuse and, although media is bottom of the list of priorities, it's still a factor in decision making. Sadly, racism and racist abuse now makes up part of "media appeal" on Football Index.
    The sooner articles scoring points for stories of racism are discounted the better

• @LittleFish said in Is it worth buying Rudiger today?:

Should get 2 more days of MB. At £1.15 that's 8% return. I bought last night at £1.03, market sold this morning at £1.22 and have rebought at £1.14 to hold for reasons outlined above.
    Don't normally get involved in these short term flips but my portfolio is up on a Monday due to this one.
    If only someone had call Pogba a French #### yesterday ...

Where do you factor in his inevitable 20p+ drop into all of this?

• I had a holding of 50 @ 86p, saw he was £1.24 when I hit up this morning, so sold to market at £1.23. 100% wouldn’t buy in now, be back to 90p by the weekend IMO

• Held for a while, got in at 75p. Had 100% plans to hold till the Euros but have now sold all shares this morning and taken some easy profit + the media divs from yday.

If he dips next week once this has all died down I may buy back in!

• @Chris-J I've taken 17p profit this morning plus 5p divs tonight and hopefully tomorrow. My portfolio is set for divs so any CA over the year a bonus. Hold for the Euros or any further spike. He won one PB last year so might produce another this year.
    Plus I've got a 5% deposit bonus and bought with new money so add another 5% to my calculation.

• Dropped over 20p looking unlikely to get MB bonus today. What can he fall to?
    I would have thought established fit and first choice at Chelsea and every chance of getting into German Euro squad he surely can’t go much below 95p?? Any thoughts??

• Doubt he will fall much more at pace.
    The spread to IS just gone from 5p to 12p
    Sell queue must be huge. Reckon a good few burnt there fingers on this one .
    But as I say at around 95p still see him as a decent long term hold.

• @NewUser379110 I think over the course of a few weeks will drop back to around 85p to 90p. The majority of people whom bought for MB will no doubt sell.

• @DW well if that’s the case many will take a big hit!!
    Plenty bought at a pound plus and some as high as 1.24. 8p in dividends still a huge hit for some.
    I was a long term holder at 76p was always thinking he would make a pound soon as back fit and established in CHELSEA side. Got a bit greedy but instant sold half my shares at 1.00 this morning . Got 8p in dividends so ok. Will but back if he goes back to anything under 90p
    But I can’t see that happening .