Trent!!

• In addition to the above, if I remember correctly, crossing didn't change with the PB matrix review at the start of the season, but key passes and big chance created were some of the things that were added. So those that cross a lot are now really being rewarded.

My view is that the PB matrix does reward crossing a little too much because multiple actions are rewarded for one cross. However, those are the rules at present so it pays to learn them and use to your advantage.

• @Yellow I remember when the new matrix was published and the market suspended it was clear wing backs were winners, even just the increased dribbles I saw as a decent bonus because my understanding is that a dribble doesn't need to include a take on, just carrying the ball. How often do we see a wing back pick the ball up deep, advance to the half way line, then turn round and give it to his mate at centre half.

I do think the next matrix tweaks will be designed to bring centre halves back into it, but I also have some views on some likely unintended knock on effects to these tweaks, and who they will benefit, and that's where I'll be looking at investing further down the line

• A good punt for next June, a few months before buy some goalies,centre backs and number 9 strikers.

• @MickTurbo said in Trent!!:

@Yellow I remember when the new matrix was published and the market suspended it was clear wing backs were winners, even just the increased dribbles I saw as a decent bonus because my understanding is that a dribble doesn't need to include a take on, just carrying the ball. How often do we see a wing back pick the ball up deep, advance to the half way line, then turn round and give it to his mate at centre half.

I do think the next matrix tweaks will be designed to bring centre halves back into it, but I also have some views on some likely unintended knock on effects to these tweaks, and who they will benefit, and that's where I'll be looking at investing further down the line

Yeah, wing backs that cross a lot and also any creative players were big beneficiaries. A key pass being +6 was pretty big news, although a dribble does need to include a player beating an opponent.

0_1579875040620_upload-e92a8fca-4eb2-44c2-81fa-b60a0ced18f3

I will also be watching carefully ahead of the next change, especially to see the questions FI are asking in the build up, as that was a bit of a giveaway last time. On another note, this thread is a refreshing change and shows just how useful the forum can be.

• I think the matrix is fine as it is, no matter what they change the matrix too they will still get people moaning. I don't own TAA but I think he Is worth £7 because he fits the matrix so well.

Its simply, buy players who fit the FI matrix not players who performed well on SofaScore or any other ratings as its completely irrelevant.

• @Sill7 said in Trent!!:

I think the matrix is fine as it is, no matter what they change the matrix too they will still get people moaning. I don't own TAA but I think he Is worth £7 because he fits the matrix so well.

Its simply, buy players who fit the FI matrix not players who performed well on SofaScore or any other ratings as its completely irrelevant.

We all agree that you should buy players that fit the current scoring matrix ... that is not in question.

It doesn't matter whether you or I think the matrix should or shouldn't change. The fact is, the scoring matrix CAN change and is not set in stone.

If you are not prepared for this possibility, then you will be the one that is left behind. That is the point I am trying to convey.

• @Tom77 I'm slowly starting to move from full backs to centre backs as I firmly believe FI will have to try and bring CB's back into the PB game, they're currently at such a disadvantage

• @ChazFI123 seems way too early. As I say, last time it was a long quite open process.

Earliest they will do it is summer alongside the div review they promised.

I reckon current pb players are going to be big beneficiaries of Feb-may... Especially those that progress deep in cl/euro. Riding it then sell/IS into summer probably better than sitting on cbs for 5-6 months who have less value and less chance of divs.

• @ChazFI123

Yeah, I'd agree with Vesp. We should get ample notice of any impending changes and they are likely a while off (summertime), so no need for any drastic immediate action.

For me, potential changes to the scoring matrix in the future are the main reason behind why I won't be investing long term in TAA or any premium priced full back.

There is no reason to panic, but the aforementioned is always worth considering.

Continually risk assess your portfolio.

• @johnboywalker @Vespasian32 ah okay cheers fellas, haven't been around before for a matrix change so wasn't really sure how early the market starts preparing/ how much notice there is to react. I shall put that plan on the back burner for a while

• I’ve started picking up low cost under 23 CB’s; all low risk if they do make changes to the matrix then I’m sure they’ll get the normal rises which filter down from the top end.

But until any sort of announcement I’m more than happy to keep faith in the full backs I have for PB chances.

• Getting back to this cross/giveaway pass thing, having seen JBW's proof i now agree that inaccurate crosses are rewarded too handsomely but in this instance, I think the best solution is not the most obvious one.

I'd like to see crosses stay at +3, but be punishable as a 'giveaway pass' but I would like to see this penalty reduced to -1 or at worst -2. This would reduce the advantage enjoyed by a wing back, giving CB's a fairer crack of the whip, but at the same time being in my view, fairer to a player like Mo Salah who hasnt been a great PB player this year, but can often be found trying to thread a low percentage killer ball which more often than not will reduce his score rather than boost it

• @MickTurbo weirdly enough, watching the game last night Trent hit a cross and it went out the other side for a throw in and I thought to myself I wonder how FI would score that and how people have mentioned about crosses being over powered before. Watching it I just thought to myself it seems a bit unfair that a cross that's overhit and misses everyone is rewarded, however the matrix is a bit like refereeing, someone will always moan about it you just want consistency!

• It's turned into a good debate this - just catching up with it now 👍

If it removes a few heads from the sand & makes people at least aware of acknowledging risks & how the rug can be pulled from under your feet when considering buying, then that can be only a good thing for the platform, minimising the risk of people being burnt & new users thinking the platform is a big con.

• @ChazFI123 it's one of the most difficult and nuanced areas of the matrix. U see fantastic balls whipped straight through what they call the corridor of uncertainty but the striker hasnt gambled. Maybe that could be an argument to the contrary, then again, would that still be classed as a 'big chance created'. I just don't know 🤯

@ChazFI123 it's one of the most difficult and nuanced areas of the matrix. U see fantastic balls whipped straight through what they call the corridor of uncertainty but the striker hasnt gambled. Maybe that could be an argument to the contrary, then again, would that still be classed as a 'big chance created'. I just don't know 🤯

'The corridor of uncertainty' .... who the fuck calls it that Mick!? 🤣🤣

Sounds like a euphemism for ones sexuality whilst traversing your way to the lavatory in a gay bar. 🤷‍♂️

• @johnboywalker haha cant think off hand. Sure they say it on match of the day now and then?!

@johnboywalker haha cant think off hand. Sure they say it on match of the day now and then?!

If it was Pat Nevin, that wouldn't surprise me. 🤣

• @MickTurbo haha yeh I call it that too, round about 4th stump between keeper and defender line.
    Same point I made to someone else... Its very subjective... Can over hit one and the opposite fb just manages to keep it in play... Is that successful? And you can put one right across the 6 yard box and striker miss it by a whisker? Which cross is better?

The terminology is 'acccuracy'... If the cross is aimed at an area, not a player, is that accurate? That's what a good cross is... Its put in a dangerous area.

• @Vespasian32 yeh it occurs to me I may have been watching too much cricket

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.