Yves Bissouma

• He caught my eye in my early FI days before his move to Brighton, and it seems like he's starting to get some game time this season. A very reasonable base PB of 125 against Bournemouth yesterday and a few eye catching moments during the game, including an outrageous flick over Lewis Cook.

Any Brighton fans on here care to give an opinion on him?

• Good player in my opinion but I don't think he's suited to the pb matrix from his deep lying role in a bottom half prem team. No euros. Unlikely transfer speculation. Not sure where his price rises are going to come. He is a good player IMO though. Maybe that will be enough in a booming January.

• @Dalien-Smith said in Yves Bissouma:

Good player in my opinion but I don't think he's suited to the pb matrix from his deep lying role in a bottom half prem team. No euros. Unlikely transfer speculation. Not sure where his price rises are going to come. He is a good player IMO though. Maybe that will be enough in a booming January.

Take your point about being in a bottom half Prem team, but, should he keep his place, I'm thinking any price rise will come from his PB base scores coupled with him being an eye catching player. I've had a look in more detail and think he'll probably score well against the lower ranked sides as Brighton have the 4th highest possession in the Prem. Of his 2 starts against lower ranked teams in the last month, he got a base of 125 in 89 minutes against Bournemouth and 104 in 85 minutes in the derby against Palace, neither of which are too shabby at all.

He was able to get further forward against Bournemouth, as his heat map suggests:

0_1577707345153_upload-30a9c98b-425a-4a9c-8e61-3cd5eb16daad

Also, he's got a bit of swazz about his game which always catches people's eye, including the drummer from Royal Blood:

https://twitter.com/BenjiTalent/status/1211066524733235201?s=20

Might be a slow burner but I'm happy to sit on this for now and see where he goes.

• As an Albion fan I have seen him play plenty. Is very raw an inexperienced but has huge potential to develop...However, I fear we may still be saying the same things in 5 years time.

He has played the deeper role recently to cover for Dale Stephens but he does like to venture forward as his runs and shots against Palace and Bouremouth proved.

I personally would not invest right now until he begins to develop further...But if people have a spare few quid laying about he might be worth a long-term punt...

• Very much a slow burner. Deep lying midfielder. Sure Brighton are nailing possession stats now but they are traditionally a team who are an injury or a suspension or 3 away from a bad run and plummet. Good player though.

• Watched the friendly against Chelsea on Saturday, 29th August. Bissouma was head and shoulders the best player on the park. His price will rocket this season.