My FI journey so far. 10k to 20k in 7 months (thanks to the forum)

• Firstly apologies for the brag but i'm on a 6 hour train to London and need to kill the time somehow. I thought I would share my FI journey so far and hope it is encouragement to new users .

After hearing about Football Index for a couple of years and thinking I should look into it and never doing so I found myself needing a way to make a bit of extra money and finally starting looking into it. I signed up in early May of this year, depositing a few hundred at first to test the waters. With some mild success I liked what I saw and throughout June upped my deposits to 10k. I thought if I could make an average of £200 a month I would be happy and everything else would be a bonus. Well that first month I made £1700. I reassessed and made the ambitious plan of doubling my money by Euros 2020. I've not looked back since and have not yet had a month where I haven't made over a 1000 in a month. I thought December might be the first time I didn't but thanks to a certain Rayan Cherki IPO it pushed me over the 100% mark on Christmas Eve and over a £1000 for the month.

My original plan was to take out my initial stake in May 2020 and just play with profits but I am the most confident in the platform as I have ever been. I've just invested another £3000 and my new aim for 2020 is to double my port again. This time to £48000.

Now this is in huge part thanks to the Forum. The tips I have received on here and the discussion on market trends etc has been invaluable. I don't use twitter and I don't even get to watch half as much football as I used to due to my job. I also don't do fastest finger first trades or even IPD trades. Mine are all with the aim of being medium to long term.

Thank you Forum. Heres to a prosperous 2020

• @Ben_pz congrats! That's an awesome return in 7 months! How much of it is dividends?👍

• Well done mate

• @Dan-w £880.70. Although a decent amount of dividends I wouldn't say this is something I concentrate on. I've paid £1159 in commission. When the dividends increased I changed my port to a more dividend friendly port but find myself switching back to lower priced players who are more likely to get CA . Very happy if dividends cover commission.

• @Ben_pz I have a 21k port and hoping to make it to 30k by euros, invested big in paqueta, lemar, Maxime Lopez, geubbels, pjaca, Hannes wolf and Vazquez in the hope if they get game time or a move they will all double by euros with some returning divs in meantime 👌

• @Ben_pz Congratulations....always good to hear when new traders do well
    Can you post some pics of portfolio ?

• @Friedeggs Sure. I'm a bit tech dumb so might not work first go.

Edit: seems to have worked. Portfolio stats and current biggest holds

0_1577697549335_Portfolio christmas.png

0_1577697565153_port chritmas.png

• @Ben_pz Almost 100% in short time...some traders say’missed the boat’...you proven not so👍

• @Friedeggs I was worried i'd 'missed the boat' when I joined but the market itself has grown 50% in that time. With the recent marketing drive i'd be surprised if it doesn't grow another 50% in 2020 meaning everybody should have a chance of doubling their money with the right trades.

• @Ben_pz said in My FI journey so far. 10k to 20k in 7 months (thanks to the forum):

@Dan-w £880.70. Although a decent amount of dividends I wouldn't say this is something I concentrate on. I've paid £1159 in commission. When the dividends increased I changed my port to a more dividend friendly port but find myself switching back to lower priced players who are more likely to get CA . Very happy if dividends cover commission (I hardly ever instant sell)

Exactly my thoughts too. My dividends are about a 1/12 of the profits I've made. The rest has come from capital appreciation.

I have paid over twice the amount in comission than I have earned in dividends, but unlike some people, who measure one against the over - who cares??

As long as the portfolio keeps going up 🚀 I'm more than happy.

Well done by the way. 💰 I'll sure you will hit your next designated target. 👍

• @Ben_pz

Awesome Ben, congrats.

Some nice buys on the list.

Silly question.... do you know that the Adama Traore you have isn't the Wolves player ha.

• @Dan-The-Man Yes but i'm not sure some of the other people investing in him do! I've laughed when i've seen his name go through the ticker when the 'Wolves ' Adama scored. There is also another Adama Traore who was born in the same month and year and also plays for Metz just to add to the confusion. Luckily he's not on FI

No in all seriousness Adama 'Noss' Traore is a former under 20 world cup golden shoe winner who is having his first full season from a couple of years of injuries. Came to my attention when he scored a 170ish PB despite being on losing side with no goals or assists. Main creative player in an underperforming Metz side. Bit of a gamble but has potential to increase a lot so I went big as you can see

• @Ben_pz

Turns out Adama Traore is the football equivalent of John Smith :)

• Might just hijack your post if you don't mind, thinking of making a similar post...

I joined new year's Day this year with £20 and by April had deposited £4000
    Current port value is £8400 👍

What kept me in FI was the helpful guys and posts from the forum, great place to learn the ropes and ask for friendly advice.

Would highly recommend the forum for beginners.
    Happy new year and cheers to 2020 🥳

• @Neil2265 Congrats. More the merrier as hoping this will be encouragement to new users. Hitting 100% was such a good feeling although technically I'm actually out the 100% club until I hit £26000 now. Get to do it again!

• @Ben_pz yeah hopefully not long if everyone has the January that has been predicted!

• @Ben_pz

Congratulations!! Great returns. You joined not long after me and your strategy is definitely doing better than mine so far. I am a very, very patient long term trader but your returns are starting to make me think that I may be undertrading. Well done again.

• @Martyn-B There is nothing wrong with that, each to their own. I think a lot of it is down to how much time people have. One of the joys of FI is thats it's possible to make decent return with very little time spent. I've been a very active trader because i've spent quite a lot of my time on here (because I love it) and I get restless and it's a fine balance between selling players at the current peak and over trading. I'm getting better at selling players at peak price but obviously make a few brain farts along the way (i.e De Bruyne and Eberechi Eze).
    In time I might not be able to spend as much time on here and will go for a more different strategy. There are many ways to play it

• @Ben_pz good work, but how did you calculate the amount of profit?

And how do you decide when to sell up your holds?

Like the poster above I tend to go long term and not lots of active trading and have done well but not as high as return as you. Enjoy the research and reading the forum but can't choose when to sell up is my problem.!

• @Abaalan

His estimated profit is calculated by...

Existing Portfolio Value - 2% Commission
    £23,406.97 x 0.98 = £22,938.83

Plus Balance
    £22,938.83 + £326.05

To give him total assets worth £23,264.88

Total Assets - Deposits = Estimated Profits
    £23,264.88 - £12,500 = £10,764.88

So... if he market sold everything at current prices (and my maths are correct) he'd be £10,764.88 in profit, which is roughly 86% profit. Pretty great!

But it's actually better than that because he's only just invested a further £3,000, so you could say £20,264.88 - £9500 = £10,764.88 profit, which is around 113% profit.