Jordan Henderson

• @Dan-The-Man this is very interesting, I never saw that initial thread but good on you for trusting your hunch and going with it despite getting laughed at! No doubt about Henderson's ability etc I just don't think he's likely to win MB ahead of the more fashionable players in the team and because of the job he does he won't get near the numbers of some of the other lads in Liverpool's midfield, especially Keita who seems to have potential for big PB scores in the last 6 months Keita's average PB over 90 mins is 251! That's massive, now I know that's a really shitty sample size as he's been injured a lot but I genuinely feel from watching him play and the scores he's recorded that he's got huge PB potential and his price is still pretty low. @Gary-T if you have a feeling there's money to be made trust yourself and go for it just like Dan did, at the end of the day its the only way to learn this game, but please don't sell your Keitas until you see what score he posts on jan 2nd!! (Disclaimer: now that I've said this Keita will do one of the following, 1. not start, 2. get injured after 20 mins!!)

• @Ellisandro said in Jordan Henderson:

@Dan-The-Man Facts are facts. I guess it's just because he's so unfashionable.

Somebody got rich out of designing flared trousers...they're rich but they still fucked up an entire decade.

Facts are facts indeed. A 27p rise and only 1500 shares shows There is more than 1 luney on the index!

• @Dan-The-Man said in Jordan Henderson:

@Gary-T said in Jordan Henderson:

Thanks guys really sound advice - I was looking at more from a MB perspective. Captain Henderson holding up .......... most successful Liverpool captain since ...... Henderson, the glue that makes everything stick .............. I think I will watch from a distance.

Gary, the reason these fine chaps are saying you need to talk to me... is because 5 months ago, I made a thread saying Hednerson was a better buy than Neymar. I looked at historical evidence, showing that Β£1,000 of Henderson had earned signficantly more money than Β£1,000 of Neymar over the previous 6 month period and then I predicted that he'd be the better buy for all the reasons you've listed (Euro's, Champions League, captain of Premier League contenders).

The thread was shot down by most of the forum who said the type of things @9stevo and @ocs123 are saying. I was basically painted as a raving loon for saying such a thing and over the next few months, plenty of the lads took shots at me for it.

Well gents... little update for you based on yesterdays price. (Neymar has risen a penny since... but I can't be arsed doing it again, so please add Β£1.45 to Neymars total).

0_1577798254452_Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 21.37.47.png

As for his PB/MB potential.... he out performed Moutinho in the Wolves match, and most on here would agree that Moutinho is a PB player. I reckon that there's a decent chance he'll win PB at some point and that chance increases the further Liverpool get in the Champions League (and so will his Cap/Ap). Then you have to consider that he's the captain of the first Liverpool team to win the Premiership in 30 years and this is absolutely the best England team we've had in decades, so there's a real chance we will finally win a trophy. It got ugly. People accused me of cherry picking data, they mocked me for making such a comparison in the first place.

Oh and while people mock me for the Henderson thing.... Here's my current earnings on him... plus Β£10's worth of dividends from an assist and PB win he picked up when I had my first set of futures in him about 50p ago.

0_1577798729973_Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 13.25.16.png

Well done for sticking to your hunch. Henderson is a good player, passing long or short, and sometimes defence splitting passes. He protects the back four as well. He is an important player for club and country. What puts me off from holding him is that he rarely scores - about a goal every 5 years! LOL

• If there is one thing that is happening right now is that it doesn't matter who the player is growth is occurring all over the index.
    This is one reason one I’ve split my port from 20 to about 45 players.
    In a slow market Henderson would be dropping.

• @Londoner What puts me off from holding him is that he rarely scores - about a goal every 5 years! LOL

I read an interesting article the other day about liverpool's top scorers from the last decade and was shocked to see that henderson is within the top 10 with a total of 26 goals!

Link to the article

https://www.givemesport.com/1533955-liverpools-top-10-goalscorers-of-the-current-decade-20102020

• @Dan-w said in Jordan Henderson:

@Ellisandro said in Jordan Henderson:

@Dan-The-Man Facts are facts. I guess it's just because he's so unfashionable.

Somebody got rich out of designing flared trousers...they're rich but they still fucked up an entire decade.

Facts are facts indeed. A 27p rise and only 1500 shares shows There is more than 1 luney on the index!

He was 83p per future when I bought into him... of course that was pre-share split.... so around 27p per future in todays money but I'd say it's a positive that just 9 months ago, people were willing pay 15% more for him than his current price. Just wish I'd have bought the full 1500 back then, he's tripled in price and won PB since I've had him. Came close to winning MB and PB on a fair few occasions so far too, so I reckon it'll happen sooner or later.

@Tom77 said in Jordan Henderson:

In a slow market Henderson would be dropping.

Based on what mate? His last spike came the day Liverpool progressed through to the next round of the Champions League. Doesn't it make sense to you that most Liverpool players rise as they advance... and he's the captain of the Champions League favourites... who also happen to be winning the Premiership for the 1st time in 30 years.

• @Ddr said in Jordan Henderson:

@Londoner What puts me off from holding him is that he rarely scores - about a goal every 5 years! LOL

I read an interesting article the other day about liverpool's top scorers from the last decade and was shocked to see that henderson is within the top 10 with a total of 26 goals!

Link to the article

https://www.givemesport.com/1533955-liverpools-top-10-goalscorers-of-the-current-decade-20102020

Interesting. He's been with them for 8 years so that works out as an average of 3.25 goals a season. Similar to Shane Long!

• @Londoner isn’t Shane Long a striker?!! 🍏🍐

• Interesting. He's been with them for 8 years so that works out as an average of 3.25 goals a season. Similar to Shane Long!

You mean β€˜Sheng Long’.

β€˜You must defeat sheng long to stand a chance’! 🀣 hadooooooo-Ken!

• Anyone else think of Dan the Man @Dan-w every time Henderson does something good or bad on the pitch or is it just me?

• I've got to take my hat off to Henderson these last couple of months - he's really stepped up.

As an FI investment though, he might win MB a couple of times but I can't see him ever winning PB. Ever. So I don't know what price you'd put on him based on that. He's not even a good punt for IPDs.

Well done @Dan-The-Man though, you've had the courage of your conviction and it's paid off. Well played sir. Now sell him! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• @9stevo said in Jordan Henderson:

@Londoner isn’t Shane Long a striker?!! 🍏🍐

Yes - that's the point! Shane scores about 3 a season, so does MF Henderson, so Henderson's not as bad scoring as I thought.

• @LittleFish said in Jordan Henderson:

Anyone else think of Dan the Man @Dan-w every time Henderson does something good or bad on the pitch or is it just me?

Yea hahahah

• @ScouseSte

Oh Ste my good man... I can't help but feel a sense of De Ja Vu. Remember these comments?

0_1577804382616_Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 13.43.29.png

Which you followed up with...

@ScouseSte said in Henderson vs Neymar:

If you are in profit now then I'd instant sell.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Great advice there buddy. That was 5 months ago... Think I'll wait...

When Henderson wins the Ballon d'Or next year.... Remember who told ya!

• @Dan-The-Man said in Jordan Henderson:

@ScouseSte

Oh Ste my good man... I can't help but feel a sense of De Ja Vu. Remember these comments?

Can't deny the facts mate, I got it wrong and you've been rewarded. Fair play fella πŸ‘πŸ»

• @Londoner ah sorry totally misread what you were trying to say, I thought you were implying his numbers were shit because he had the same number of goals as Long?!! πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚

• @ScouseSte said in Jordan Henderson:

@Dan-The-Man said in Jordan Henderson:

@ScouseSte

Can't deny the facts mate, I got it wrong and you've been rewarded. Fair play fella πŸ‘πŸ»

To be fair mate, the jury is still out on weather Henderson was a better buy than Neymar. Sure if I sold up right now, Henderson was the clear victor but when I made the thread, I was looking longer term with the Euro's coming up.

If PSG go on to win the UCL, with Liverpool getting dumped out by Atletico, then Neymar dominates the headlines with his transfer... it could easily go the other way. Hendo should rise as we get closer to the Euro's though, he's been controlling the game for Liverpool all season and if he does that for England we just might break the cycle of hurt.

Time will tell...

• @Gary-T I'm so sorry for telling you to keep those Keita's because he was a dead cert for PB tonight when he got injured in the warm up and Henderson who you were going to buy won it!! πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜± Really hope you followed your instinct and just did it but I was convinced Naby was winning star man tonight!! πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

• @Dan-The-Man credit where credit is due fella you did well with old Hendo, I'll never buy him myself πŸ˜‚ but fair play didn't expect the rise you've got and 5 months or so ahead of Euros. He was getting shut down by pretty much everyone myself included, hats off to you mate.

• @Shippers said in Jordan Henderson:

@Dan-The-Man credit where credit is due fella you did well with old Hendo, I'll never buy him myself πŸ˜‚ but fair play didn't expect the rise you've got and 5 months or so ahead of Euros. He was getting shut down by pretty much everyone myself included, hats off to you mate.

0_1578017405082_Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 02.08.58.png

Thanks @Shippers, I appreciate you taking the time to say that. Here's the updated table...

Henderson is playing out of his socks at the minute and as they advance through the Champions League, there'll be plenty of mid week games where he's in with a chance of picking up divs. Hopefully this win, will encourage more people to buy into him.

To be fair, his score tonight (232) would have had a decent chance most days and that's without a goal or assist.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.