Jordan Henderson

• @Ddr said in Jordan Henderson:

@Londoner What puts me off from holding him is that he rarely scores - about a goal every 5 years! LOL

I read an interesting article the other day about liverpool's top scorers from the last decade and was shocked to see that henderson is within the top 10 with a total of 26 goals!

Link to the article

https://www.givemesport.com/1533955-liverpools-top-10-goalscorers-of-the-current-decade-20102020

Interesting. He's been with them for 8 years so that works out as an average of 3.25 goals a season. Similar to Shane Long!

• @Londoner isn’t Shane Long a striker?!! 🍏🍐

• Interesting. He's been with them for 8 years so that works out as an average of 3.25 goals a season. Similar to Shane Long!

You mean β€˜Sheng Long’.

β€˜You must defeat sheng long to stand a chance’! 🀣 hadooooooo-Ken!

• Anyone else think of Dan the Man @Dan-w every time Henderson does something good or bad on the pitch or is it just me?

• I've got to take my hat off to Henderson these last couple of months - he's really stepped up.

As an FI investment though, he might win MB a couple of times but I can't see him ever winning PB. Ever. So I don't know what price you'd put on him based on that. He's not even a good punt for IPDs.

Well done @Dan-The-Man though, you've had the courage of your conviction and it's paid off. Well played sir. Now sell him! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• @9stevo said in Jordan Henderson:

@Londoner isn’t Shane Long a striker?!! 🍏🍐

Yes - that's the point! Shane scores about 3 a season, so does MF Henderson, so Henderson's not as bad scoring as I thought.

• @LittleFish said in Jordan Henderson:

Anyone else think of Dan the Man @Dan-w every time Henderson does something good or bad on the pitch or is it just me?

Yea hahahah

• @ScouseSte

Oh Ste my good man... I can't help but feel a sense of De Ja Vu. Remember these comments?

0_1577804382616_Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 13.43.29.png

Which you followed up with...

@ScouseSte said in Henderson vs Neymar:

If you are in profit now then I'd instant sell.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Great advice there buddy. That was 5 months ago... Think I'll wait...

When Henderson wins the Ballon d'Or next year.... Remember who told ya!

• @Dan-The-Man said in Jordan Henderson:

@ScouseSte

Oh Ste my good man... I can't help but feel a sense of De Ja Vu. Remember these comments?

Can't deny the facts mate, I got it wrong and you've been rewarded. Fair play fella πŸ‘πŸ»

• @Londoner ah sorry totally misread what you were trying to say, I thought you were implying his numbers were shit because he had the same number of goals as Long?!! πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚

• @ScouseSte said in Jordan Henderson:

@Dan-The-Man said in Jordan Henderson:

@ScouseSte

Can't deny the facts mate, I got it wrong and you've been rewarded. Fair play fella πŸ‘πŸ»

To be fair mate, the jury is still out on weather Henderson was a better buy than Neymar. Sure if I sold up right now, Henderson was the clear victor but when I made the thread, I was looking longer term with the Euro's coming up.

If PSG go on to win the UCL, with Liverpool getting dumped out by Atletico, then Neymar dominates the headlines with his transfer... it could easily go the other way. Hendo should rise as we get closer to the Euro's though, he's been controlling the game for Liverpool all season and if he does that for England we just might break the cycle of hurt.

Time will tell...

• @Gary-T I'm so sorry for telling you to keep those Keita's because he was a dead cert for PB tonight when he got injured in the warm up and Henderson who you were going to buy won it!! πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜± Really hope you followed your instinct and just did it but I was convinced Naby was winning star man tonight!! πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

• @Dan-The-Man credit where credit is due fella you did well with old Hendo, I'll never buy him myself πŸ˜‚ but fair play didn't expect the rise you've got and 5 months or so ahead of Euros. He was getting shut down by pretty much everyone myself included, hats off to you mate.

• @Shippers said in Jordan Henderson:

@Dan-The-Man credit where credit is due fella you did well with old Hendo, I'll never buy him myself πŸ˜‚ but fair play didn't expect the rise you've got and 5 months or so ahead of Euros. He was getting shut down by pretty much everyone myself included, hats off to you mate.

0_1578017405082_Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 02.08.58.png

Thanks @Shippers, I appreciate you taking the time to say that. Here's the updated table...

Henderson is playing out of his socks at the minute and as they advance through the Champions League, there'll be plenty of mid week games where he's in with a chance of picking up divs. Hopefully this win, will encourage more people to buy into him.

To be fair, his score tonight (232) would have had a decent chance most days and that's without a goal or assist.

• @Dan-The-Man πŸ˜‚ a table the lot! cor that is commitment to the cause.

I'm not sure they need to be be compared still as there is many ways to trade, nothing right or wrong. People will have there reasons for whatever path they follow. Solid arguments for both sides though i do expect you just want to prove everyone wrong I guess πŸ˜…

Happy to admit I was wrong and fair play on Noble too. Always rated Noble myself, felt he should of been given a chance with England couple of years back.

• @Shippers said in Jordan Henderson

I'm not sure they need to be compared

How else do we find the best trading strategy? That's the goal right?

there are many ways to trade, nothing right or wrong.

I don't mean this to sound impolite but I just don't see how you can look at that table and say there isn't a right or wrong. I struggle to understand that way of thinking. I'm just wired differently I guess. I mean, they were both profitable buys, sure... but Henderson has pulled in twice as much money as Neymar so far.

• At 79p seems a no brainer if capable of pulling in a base score like that. Loads of games ahead including a few single match days this month and potential gold days in euros and champions league can see him pushing towards 90p by end of Jan

• @9stevo Good of you but not necessary - we ask opinions to help us make decisions and your thoughts were bleeding valid. I did the "sit on the fence" scenario and split it - a few on Keita and some on Henderson. No harm done but not sure I wont take the Keita shares now and see if I can use them elsewhere. Anyone know how long he will be out for with the groin injury

• @Dan-The-Man a players value should be driven by its dividend potential, truth be told not always the case but that's the aim. Neymar has a greater chance of winning divs than Henderson . The results you're getting may work for you but maybe not for the next trader as it's all determined by the price you pay, the dividends earned and then at the time you sell

Let's also say you compare the results against TAA for example at the time you bought Henderson. You now have a different set of results (I'd expect). Plus Neymar has been injured and banned, playing around 9-10 less games so fairer results would be over similar amount of games. Tbf you can argue Neymars injury record goes against him anyway there and people know that when they buy so not looking at that too much
    It can also change if you hold beyond the Euros and to the next div increase as you'd expect Neymar to see the money then. Of course if he moves to Barca the thinking is he will lose some value but I am just going off him remaining at PSG.

Id also like to add I personally dont like to compare because there is nothing stopping you from buying both sets of players which allows you to make money across the board.

• This is @Dan-The-Man right now...

0_1578049284535_download.jpeg

If you know, you know πŸ˜‰

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.