Jordan Henderson

• World Class (Sterling, Henderson...)

now that is a debate dan lol

• @Marve

Would have been a couple of weeks ago... but right now... he's a World Champion!

;-)

• This post is deleted!

• Not to keep beating the Henderson drum but here's a little nugget from the Mirror's interview with Robertson about his crossing ability that could be of interest.

"Our midfielders like chipping in as well. Henderson's always running in at the back post and I try and find him - I haven't quite mastered that yet but me and him are working on it!"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-ace-andy-robertson-explains-21243446

If it is a thing they are actively working on, perhaps we'll start seeing a few more assists/goals from Henderson, which could lead to improved PB/MB chances.

Of course, they might just sack it off as a bad job, but I quite enjoyed reading that and it can only be a positive thing.

• @Dan-The-Man I think if ever there is a season to be holding Hendo, this is it, you can see the passion in him to win things before he starts slowing down. With Liverpool playing as they are, he must surely be in contention for an England place. If Kane isn't upto fitness, we will need a captain, and who better than the captain of the team that's most likely going to clean up this year! Big few months for Henderson, I picked a few up not so long ago.Very happy with my holding so far.

• @Ole-ole

He's locked in to England, there's no way they don't play him given that he's just won the Champions League and he will have just won the Premiership and maybe even another Champions League as captain. Southgate would look crazy.

There'll be a few take some profit from time to time but ultimately if you look at every article about him lately, it's someone else saying he's one of the best in the world at his position and that belief is growing the longer Liverpool remain unbeatable.

• Fabinho's return will not be a good thing for Henderson IMO. But is a good thing for Liverpool

• @Dan-The-Man even if the crosses find him. He's still got to hit the target, let alone beat the keeper....🤣🤣🤣🤣

• @Dan-The-Man said in Jordan Henderson:

Not to keep beating the Henderson drum but here's a little nugget from the Mirror's interview with Robertson about his crossing ability that could be of interest.

"Our midfielders like chipping in as well. Henderson's always running in at the back post and I try and find him - I haven't quite mastered that yet but me and him are working on it!"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-ace-andy-robertson-explains-21243446

If it is a thing they are actively working on, perhaps we'll start seeing a few more assists/goals from Henderson, which could lead to improved PB/MB chances.

Lads... Sorry... I know I've done way too much talking about Henderson lately... but I think this is worth adding to the conversation... just because it could be important going forward.

Tonight after Henderson scored the header he was asked "How many goals have you scored with your head... I can't remember many".

His reply is the important part and it goes hand in and hand with the other nugget of info I posted a couple of weeks ago. (Hence bumping this thread).

Jordan Henderson: "That could be the first one.... to be fair... NORMALLY I'M PROTECTING ON CORNERS BUT RECENTLY I'VE BEEN GETTING IN THE BOX HAVEN'T I"

(Here's the video clip) https://youtu.be/Np9HYCbvQfA?t=598

When you combine that shift from defensive... to attacking focus on corners, with what Andy Robertson said about working on finding him more often with crosses at the back post... and the fact that when Fabinho came on tonight, Henderson took on a more attacking role, ultimately getting the assist, which won the game. It could be a sign that we're going to see more out of him from a PB perspective as the season ticks on.

2 weeks ago, when I pointed this out.... @Dan-w made the fair comment that he'd still have to hit the target and beat the keeper... well tonight he showed he can do that... here's hoping he can show it a bit more often... Like say... Wednesday night against West Ham, when there's only 1 other game that night :)

• @ChazFI123 incorrect, Fabinho's return free Hendo up to play further forward as Fab will come back in at 6.

• @Dan-The-Man

Dan you're excited about what has turned out to be a great investment for you. It's allowed 😊👍

• Well done. Great shout, never saw it. Should have after Southampton last year when he showed what he was capable of.

• @ScouseSte said in Jordan Henderson:

@Dan-The-Man

Dan you're excited about what has turned out to be a great investment for you. It's allowed 😊👍

Trying not to be a dog with a bone I guess.

Hard not to be chuffed with this though mate. Especially at this time of the season where I recon he could see some really decent growth. Fingers crossed... and toes.. ha

0_1579827355360_Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 00.54.38.png

• He'll be 1.50 easily by Euros.

• @Dan-The-Man What would be your get out price matey? Could easily be mid £1’s by the time the Euros start

• @CJ0101 He's got to stay on him with first league in 30 year, possible records, champions league and euros. No brainer. I'm getting on.

• @Julian-Noble

Not tempted to get back on (held for a month or so around the CL final) but always happy to see others make money. If I held him now, I’d look to get out during a spike during the Euro’s personally. Or at least de-risk by selling some. Just my two cents. Will be a steady riser during the rest of the season matey.

• @CJ0101 said in Jordan Henderson:

@Dan-The-Man What would be your get out price matey? Could easily be mid £1’s by the time the Euros start

I don't really have one in mind. Liverpool are so dominant and he's the captain, who plays every minute... all over the pitch if need be, so for me... I can't see where I'd get 1500 futures for the same money... that could do a better job... with better growth prospects.

I agree with you and @Julian-Noble that there could be another 50% rise over the coming months , especially on the back of the Champions League... record breaking Premier League run, the Euro's... etc. I'm curious to see what happens if he wins PB on Wednesday... because that would be 3 PB wins in 5 weeks and surely that would be a sign that when the Champions League rolls around, he's a great candidate for the single match gold days. We might even be being pessimistic at 50%.

• @9stevo if Liverpool want someone playing further forward who has scored 5 PL goals in 3 years then that's their choice but if it were my team I'd rather have Keita/Ox (dependant on who they're playing)

• @ChazFI123 it’s not quite that simple!! You clearly don’t understand what Klopp ask the midfield to do!! Personally I think his first choice mid if they’re all fit is Fab, Hendo, Keira but sure keep making stupid snide comments!! 🤦‍♂️

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.