Jordan Henderson

• @ScouseSte said in Jordan Henderson:

@Dan-The-Man said in Jordan Henderson:

@ScouseSte

He deserves the plaudits to be fair, played his socks off again tonight. He had 157 touches which is more than Ox and Wijnaldum combined, set up the second goal with his quick thinking pass to Salah, played RB, CDM, RAM and even busted out a few skill moves along the way. Liverpool dominated West Ham, which was expected but Hendo controlled it.

Think I might be a little in love with him ha.

Haha your Henderson is my Toni Kroos πŸ˜‚.

Ha... Tell you what mate, if his price hits Toni Kroos price... I'm gonna propose to the fella ha.

• @Dan-The-Man hahaha πŸ‘πŸ˜‚

• You son of a bitch. I'm in.

Haven't had much luck with English players (looking at you Alli) but looking at Hendo's stats over the past 3 months (pb average of 149) compared to Mbappe (ave 138), Sancho (143), Stirling (94), De Bruyne (182) - he is extremely cheap. Especially considering his the captain and plays almost every game. Most of that is down to passes (if you look at his phallic distribution graph).

Unfortunately now I've bought in you can expect 0 growth, possibly a downwards trend in his value.

• Nice Rick and Morty reference there Stumac!

I’m a firm believer in the hold of Henderson myself. Liverpool play with the 3 man midfield and he is the one guaranteed face within it (incidentally I also own Wijnaldum so I usually have 2/3 of Liverpool midfield playing most weeks). Klopp doesn’t tend to change the midfield of late.
    Liverpool between now and the end of the season are likely to be playing on far more Bronze/Silver match days as Sky will milk their run to the title for all its worth. Therefore you’ve got few opposition players to compete against for pb on a more regular basis.
    Both Henderson and Wijnaldum will go up between now and the Euros (for me Wijnaldum so increase more as he plays a more advanced role for the Dutch and posts better scores).

So keep holding and awaaaaaay we go!!!!

• I've had a look into Henderson's PB as it's quite obviously improved. Last season, his only 2 PB scores above 150 were 174 against Palace and 154 against Brighton.

He's exceeded the 174 top score 3 times this season. Obviously the PB matrix has been tweaked since then and new criteria has been added, so I thought I would take a look at what seems to have changed for him.

His best 3 scores this season have been against Bournemouth, Sheffield United and last night against West Ham. These were also the 3 games where he's attempted the most passes by a considerable distance. I didn't watch any of these games but the stats certainly point to the opposition letting Liverpool crack on with the ball. Of these 3 games, he also had a high pass completion rate.

29/01/20 West Ham - 139 passes, 8 giveaway. PB score 220.
    02/01/20 Sheffield United - 131 passes, 10 giveaway. PB score 232.
    07/12/20 Bournemouth - 151 passes, 11 giveaway. PB score 269.

Compare with other recent games where he has scored well but not as highly:
    23/01/20 Wolves - 81 passes, 16 giveaway. PB score 176.
    19/01/20 Man U - 50 passes, 12 giveaway. PB score 123.
    11/01/20 Tottenham - 90 passes, 6 giveaway. PB score 137.

It's also worth noting that he got a goal and an assist against Wolves last week, but despite these combining for about 80 points, he only ended up on 176. I think it's also worth seeing the % of passes given away in those games. It suggests to me that he will score very well when Liverpool are left with more time to play the ball around.

What's important in all this is that he's taken on a new role this season. He needs to retain his spot in the middle of their midfield 3 as the high pass rate is vital to his PB. A quick flick through the games where he's passed the most and it's been where Fabinho was injured and Henderson took the central spot, which is where Fabinho was playing prior to injury. From this position and in his high passing games, I assume Henderson regularly receives the ball off the defence and links to other players on the pitch. Given that Liverpool are a mile clear then I'm sure there will be a fair few situations like this still to come where opposition shut up shop, and it's less likely he will be moved to accommodate Fabinho given he has been part of their success.

Where both Henderson and Fabinho are lining up in the near future would be the telling thing for me in terms of Henderson's PB.

• @Yellow said in Jordan Henderson:

I've had a look into Henderson's PB as it's quite obviously improved.

Nice work @Yellow. (Of course, I can't help but smile and be reminded of you diligently taking me to task repeatedly for suggesting Henderson's PB had benefited from the updated matrix, thanks to additions such as key pass, secondary key pass and big chance created... which is what won him the star man by the looks of it... but let's move on... ha. )

THE IMPORTANCE OF MID WEEK FIXTURES
    Obviously the more matches a player gets, the more chances he has of winning PB but the midweek fixtures is where our man Henderson truly excels.

• This season Henderson has won PB on 3 occasions and 1 Star Man, all on Bronze nights
    • Last season Henderson won PB in the Champions League Final

The winning team in a football match, more often than not has the highest PB players. On a Champions League night, this is even more likely because the winning players receive 22 points and the losing players have -18 points deducted, which creates a 40 point swing per player. With that in mind... it's worth noting that Henderson frequently out scores the Liverpool midfield, so on nights where there's limited competition... Henderson has a great chance of picking up PB.

THE FIXTURES ALREADY SCHEDULED
    Liverpool have 4 mid-week fixtures already scheduled and on those 4 nights, there's just 1 other match playing.

• Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid 18/2 ---> (PSG vs Dortmund)
    • Liverpool vs West Ham 24/2 ---> (Frankfurt vs Berlin)
    • Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid 11/3 ---> (PSG vs Dortmund)
    • Liverpool vs Everton 16/3---> (Werder Bremen vs Leverkusen)

None of these are guaranteed wins for Hendo by any means, but if any of those alternative matches end in a draw, he's in with a decent shout.

It's worth noting that he just won Star Man against West Ham... and that the Everton match is obviously a big Derby, but it's also a match where Liverpool could be declared Champions, which means ever so slightly, more chance of MB given that he'd be lifting the first Premiership title Liverpool have ever won and could anything be more sweeter than them winning it at Everton?

THE POSSIBLE FIXTURES
    Obviously the further Liverpool go in the Champions League, the more likely they are to have mid week games.

Last season, the Quarter Finals were played like the Round of 16 matches... with two games per night but both legs of the Semi Final's are single game nights where Liverpool vs whoever will be the only match. Providing Liverpool make it there of course, those nights would have Henderson vs his team mates and his match opponents. So a win for Liverpool in either leg of the Semi-Finals, could very well be an 8p win for Henderson or even a 16p win... given that all Champions League matches from the Quarter Finals onwards are considered Gold Days from a PB payout point of view. Likewise, the Final is also another single game night.

So if Liverpool make it to the final that could be 5 more midweek games just from that but also it's important to note that the Premier League often reschedule fixtures when it comes to the Champions League teams. For example last year, Spurs vs Brighton was rescheduled to a Tuesday, and Man Utd had a game moved to a Wednesday because of their outing with PSG. So with that in mind, the further Liverpool progress... the more likely they are to have additional Premiership mid week matches on top of the UCL matches.

Traders could be looking at maybe 10+ low competition match nights for Henderson and his team mates and that can surely only lead to an increase in his value, given how successful he has already been on Bronze nights.

HENDERSON'S PERFORMANCES AND THE IMPACT OF FABINHO

I watched all the games where Henderson won PB (and just about every Liverpool game this season). Henderson is the point man... literally. Liverpool spend a lot of their matches passing it around their defence, and more often than not, he's fully controlling the game, pointing where the ball needs to be. They work on game management more than any team and he is brilliant at it. There's a reason Liverpool have kept a string of clean sheets lately and him at CDM has been the difference maker.

His position changes several times per match depending on what Liverpool are trying to do and what they need. His versatility and leadership is why Klopp keeps him on the pitch for the full 90 minutes over a guy like Ox, who scored but got subbed off.

For example, in the West Ham match, Hendo started as CDM controlled the game, moved over to RCDM for 10 minutes, then RAM to set up the goal, then eventually to RWB in place of Trent, where he helped run the clock down with lots of short passes but no matter where he was, Henderson was dictating the game. He tried a few over the top, chance-creating passes ( one which made the second goal), but for the most part he was playing short passes to Trent/Ox and winning the ball back if it went astray (something he does often).

From a tactics perspective, Liverpool have started shutting shop more often. They play the possession game, keeping their opponents away from the ball, knowing that they can attack quickly. I do think Fabinho will take on some of that responsibility but in the last 2 games, when he's come on, Henderson has pushed forward. In the first match, he set up the winning goal for Firmino and in the second match, he won the ball back in West Ham's half and made the secondary key pass, to Salah who picked out Ox for the goal. So... couple that with what we've been hearing about Henderson training to get on the end of corners and crosses, we're probably going to see Henderson bring out his more attacking side if the game needs it which might mean more assists/goals... but ultimately, he'll end up passing at the back to control the game more often than not.

SUMMARY
    I've now written an entire books worth. So if you're still reading, you're almost as sad as me... but hopefully this has been informative... Obviously I think this is Henderson's time of year. It certainly was last year and he's a much better player now. Even if he doesn't win PB again this season... surely the masses who trade, are going to be willing to bet that he might... and that's the Cap Ap game.

• Great effort that, good read. I also think it’s being overlooked that he’ll most likely be England captain for the friendlies at the end of March which should bring some decent MB. Especially if Southgate starts talking him up for pfa player of the year.

• May I add JH actually went to the same primary and secondary school as me.

• @ukph

Yeah, I didn't even discuss his England opportunities really but I think you're right.

• @Dan-The-Man I think he's right too....

@ukph would have definitely noticed if Jordan Henderson was in his primary & secondary school πŸ‘

While we are on trivial "famous" people. I was in the same year at school as Ste Foster Jrn (former British & European boxing champion) & Andy Whyment (Kirk in Coronation Street)

We had quite a year of talent with the class containing me too! πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

• @Ericali

I reckon I'm the most famous person I went to school with.

Probably the most infamous too.

Swings and roundabouts.

• @ukph did he get bullied for that annoying voice of his?

• @Dan-w said in Huge announcement coming...:

It might just be to encourage @Dan-The-Man to cash in his hendos to chase more divs.... he will be Β£2 if he gets another pb in next couple of weeks!!

From your lips to traders ears mate. He's certainly got a decent chance of it.

See below, he has 4 mid week fixtures in the next month, with maybe as much as 6 more to come before the end of the season.

THE IMPORTANCE OF MID WEEK FIXTURES
    Obviously the more matches a player gets, the more chances he has of winning PB but the midweek fixtures is where our man Henderson truly excels.

This season Henderson has won PB on 3 occasions and 1 Star Man, all on Bronze nights
    Last season Henderson won PB in the Champions League Final
    The winning team in a football match, more often than not has the highest PB players. On a Champions League night, this is even more likely because the winning players receive 22 points and the losing players have -18 points deducted, which creates a 40 point swing per player. With that in mind... it's worth noting that Henderson frequently out scores the Liverpool midfield, so on nights where there's limited competition... Henderson has a great chance of picking up PB.

THE FIXTURES ALREADY SCHEDULED
    Liverpool have 4 mid-week fixtures already scheduled and on those 4 nights, there's just 1 other match playing.

Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid 18/2 ---> (PSG vs Dortmund)
    Liverpool vs West Ham 24/2 ---> (Frankfurt vs Berlin)
    Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid 11/3 ---> (PSG vs Dortmund)
    Liverpool vs Everton 16/3---> (Werder Bremen vs Leverkusen)
    None of these are guaranteed wins for Hendo by any means, but if any of those alternative matches end in a draw, he's in with a decent shout.

It's worth noting that he just won Star Man against West Ham... and that the Everton match is obviously a big Derby, but it's also a match where Liverpool could be declared Champions, which means ever so slightly, more chance of MB given that he'd be lifting the first Premiership title Liverpool have ever won and could anything be more sweeter than them winning it at Everton?

THE POSSIBLE FIXTURES
    Obviously the further Liverpool go in the Champions League, the more likely they are to have mid week games.

Last season, the Quarter Finals were played like the Round of 16 matches... with two games per night but both legs of the Semi Final's are single game nights where Liverpool vs whoever will be the only match. Providing Liverpool make it there of course, those nights would have Henderson vs his team mates and his match opponents. So a win for Liverpool in either leg of the Semi-Finals, could very well be an 8p win for Henderson or even a 16p win... given that all Champions League matches from the Quarter Finals onwards are considered Gold Days from a PB payout point of view. Likewise, the Final is also another single game night.

So if Liverpool make it to the final that could be 5 more midweek games just from that but also it's important to note that the Premier League often reschedule fixtures when it comes to the Champions League teams. For example last year, Spurs vs Brighton was rescheduled to a Tuesday, and Man Utd had a game moved to a Wednesday because of their outing with PSG. So with that in mind, the further Liverpool progress... the more likely they are to have additional Premiership mid week matches on top of the UCL matches.

Traders could be looking at maybe 10+ low competition match nights for Henderson and his team mates and that can surely only lead to an increase in his value, given how successful he has already been on Bronze nights.

HENDERSON'S PERFORMANCES AND THE IMPACT OF FABINHO

I watched all the games where Henderson won PB (and just about every Liverpool game this season). Henderson is the point man... literally. Liverpool spend a lot of their matches passing it around their defence, and more often than not, he's fully controlling the game, pointing where the ball needs to be. They work on game management more than any team and he is brilliant at it. There's a reason Liverpool have kept a string of clean sheets lately and him at CDM has been the difference maker.

His position changes several times per match depending on what Liverpool are trying to do and what they need. His versatility and leadership is why Klopp keeps him on the pitch for the full 90 minutes over a guy like Ox, who scored but got subbed off.

For example, in the West Ham match, Hendo started as CDM controlled the game, moved over to RCDM for 10 minutes, then RAM to set up the goal, then eventually to RWB in place of Trent, where he helped run the clock down with lots of short passes but no matter where he was, Henderson was dictating the game. He tried a few over the top, chance-creating passes ( one which made the second goal), but for the most part he was playing short passes to Trent/Ox and winning the ball back if it went astray (something he does often).

From a tactics perspective, Liverpool have started shutting shop more often. They play the possession game, keeping their opponents away from the ball, knowing that they can attack quickly. I do think Fabinho will take on some of that responsibility but in the last 2 games, when he's come on, Henderson has pushed forward. In the first match, he set up the winning goal for Firmino and in the second match, he won the ball back in West Ham's half and made the secondary key pass, to Salah who picked out Ox for the goal. So... couple that with what we've been hearing about Henderson training to get on the end of corners and crosses, we're probably going to see Henderson bring out his more attacking side if the game needs it which might mean more assists/goals... but ultimately, he'll end up passing at the back to control the game more often than not.

SUMMARY
    I've now written an entire books worth. So if you're still reading, you're almost as sad as me... but hopefully this has been informative... Obviously I think this is Henderson's time of year. It certainly was last year and he's a much better player now. Even if he doesn't win PB again this season... surely the masses who trade, are going to be willing to bet that he might... and that's the Cap Ap game.

• @Dan-The-Man I skipped through that whole comment/novel the first time. Still didn't read it the 2nd time.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• @Dan-w

lol, can't say I blame ya, was a book.

Bottom line is, 10 half decent chances of PB if Liverpool get to the final of UCL.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Jordan Henderson:

@Dan-w

lol, can't say I blame ya, was a book.

Bottom line is, 10 half decent chances of PB if Liverpool get to the final of UCL.

JH was rising before the PB bonus announcement today, and now continues to rise as traders are aware that he regularly posts good PB scores, and is cheap!

0_1580505231163_upload-93cb2957-b736-4984-88e6-ec6582e09445

• @Londoner

Based on recent growth and Fabinho's return, I think his performance today is one of those 50/50 ones where he either rockets to the moon or falls back to Earth for a week. Time to hedge I reckon, at least for the short term.

• Goal and Assist for the man today. Still 20 minutes left.

• On the path to 2 quid

• @Dan-The-Man you really should have argued more strongly to invest in Henderson. I spent all my money on Neymar!! πŸ˜‰

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.