Jordan Henderson

• @LittleFish

PMSL.

If Southampton score now... Henderson will spike. It ain't gonna happen... but a man can dream.

• Maybe a little worrying that with fabinho back in the team his PB score isnt fantastic today considering he has the goal and assist

• @Ddr

Ox scored the Game Winning Goal, and Henderson still beat him for PB.

The thing to note is, he's added goals and assists to his game recently... and his Champions League fixture is coming up in 2 weeks.

To fully explain what I'm saying... You're not buying Henderson because you think he'll win dividends on standard Gold days... He has a chance to but it's a slim chance.

You're buying Henderson because on the 10+ days where Liverpool are 1 of 2 or 4 teams playing... he's going to have a brilliant chance of winning PB... and 5 of those games will be considered GOLD DAYS.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Jordan Henderson:

@Ddr

The thing to note is, he's added goals and assists to his game recently... and his Champions League fixture is coming up in 2 weeks.

Yeah but ox played as one of the front 3 today so wasnt involved in play as much as if hed played the advanced mid role he usually occupies

My point was more to do with fabinho being back. Henderson seemed to get big PB scores without the goals and assists when he was injured, but first game he starts back, jh gets a g and a but not a massive score.

It would appear that fabinhos presence in the team has a pretty big impact on hendos PB scores, I'd assume mainly because hes not dropping to get the ball off the centre halves and play 5 passes in 10 seconds

• Plus he'll start every game for England. I don't think he'll hit 瞿2 but another solid performance today. For once I haven't put the kiss of death on a player!

• @Ddr said in Jordan Henderson:

@Dan-The-Man said in Jordan Henderson:

@Ddr

Yeah but ox played as one of the front 3 today so wasnt involved in play as much as if hed played the advanced mid role he usually occupies

My point was more to do with fabinho being back. Henderson seemed to get big PB scores without the goals and assists when he was injured, but first game he starts back, jh gets a g and a but not a massive score.

It would appear that fabinhos presence in the team has a pretty big impact on hendos PB scores, I'd assume mainly because hes not dropping to get the ball off the centre halves and play 5 passes in 10 seconds

Yeah, I'm not in disagreement with you that Fabinho has an impact.

What I'm saying is... he beats the 3 Liverpool midfielders frequently for PB scores. He's done it again today and so on days where there's 2 teams playing... like say... the Champions League Final... or the 2 Semi-Final legs, he's arguably one of the favourite to win PB, because game winners score higher points than the losers and he scores higher points than his team mates.

So it wouldn't matter if his PB is crap... because the other midfielders at Liverpool, very frequently do worse.

Liverpool have 4 midweek fixtures on the books already... if they progress to the Champions League Final that will be a minimum of 9 and more likely around 11 mid week fixtures, where Henderson is up against just a handful of players.

• Goal and assist in a 4nil win and still only 173 points. What's all the hype about? He's overpriced now if you ask me...不不

• @stumac85

I know at this point, I'm coming off like someone who's not being realistic when it comes to Henderson but I think 瞿2 is being a tad pessimistic to be honest.

He has 4 mid week fixtures coming up in the space of a month.

That alone is enough to make the Fixture Trackers get on board. Let's say Liverpool beat Atletico 2-0 in the first leg. The Champions League punters are going to put money into him. Then after the second leg, when it's confirmed Liverpool are through, you'll have more money going in.

Then you have that same pattern at the Quarter Finals, and Semi-Finals... and I'm betting he wins PB again before the end of the season. Probably more than once.

And that's not even factoring in those buying for England.

Just a week ago, @Julian-Noble said "He'll be 瞿1.50 by the Euro's"... and he's already touching that. The spike was worrying... we all know big spikes are followed by big dips but todays performance should cause excitement as we're leading in to the Champions League fixtures.

I guess it just comes down to how likely Liverpool are to get to the Finals.

• @Dan-The-Man yeah but he has averaged a goal participation every 4 games this season (with the majority of them seeming to come recently), so although he is currently in good form I wouldnt gamble on him keeping it up for the rest of the season

And while I get what you say he regularly outperforms his mid colleagues, it's not too much of a stretch of the imagination for someone like Gini, ox or keita to put in a decent performance and monster hendos score by a 100 points or more

another consideration may be rotation. Once they have the league title mathematically sewn up I can see klopp rotating players out of the league team to keep them as fresh as possible for the champs league games

• He's shit!

@Dan-The-Man yeah but he has averaged a goal participation every 4 games this season (with the majority of them seeming to come recently), so although he is currently in good form I wouldnt gamble on him keeping it up for the rest of the season

I understand where you're coming from. If you scroll up, on the 10th of Jan (22 days ago), I posted an interview with Andy Robertson, where he explained that Henderson is actively training to add more goals to his game and that they are working on Henderson being on the end of crosses. Then 9 days ago, I posted an interview with Henderson after he had scored from a corner, where he talks about how he's gone from hanging back and protecting on corners, to getting in on the action.

My point is... it's no surprise to me that he's stepping up the attacking side of his game lately but it's worth remembering that he won Star Man last week without a goal or assist.

it's not too much of a stretch of the imagination for someone like Gini, ox or keita to put in a decent performance and monster hendos score by a 100 points or more

Yeah, sure. There's bound to be weeks where he's outperformed by the other Liverpool midfielders but often that is not the case and this is where the numbers come into play.

If Liverpool get to the Champions League Final... they will play on roughly 10 nights, where the only competition is either their opponents or 1 other game. So how many of those 10 nights will Henderson out perform his team mates? I reckon 6 or 7 out of those 10 but let's say it's 2. If those 2 are in the Semi-Final's or Final of the Champions League... chances are he's picking up PB.

another consideration may be rotation. Once they have the league title mathematically sewn up I can see klopp rotating players out of the league team to keep them as fresh as possible for the champs league games

Yeah, I can see that too but it just means Henderson will be rested for the matches he's most likely to win PB on. I'm not expecting him to win PB on a Saturday when there's 60 fixtures.

The important thing to note here... is that it doesn't matter if he doesn't actually win the PB.... as the Champions League closes in... people are going to look at Liverpool for investment and he's won PB a bunch of times recently.... he's on fire at the minute and he's cheaper than say Firmino who picked up 3 assists today... but picked up 44 points less than Henderson despite Hendo getting a rare sub at the 88th.

• @Dan-The-Man all good points as well

See, this is what the forum SHOULD be like all the time, open debate and counterpoints without the need for getting personal or insulting

1 last thing, although I wouldnt bet against them getting to the final, football can be a funny old game and as such I'd only be slightly surprised (but hugely pissed off as a fan) if they have a stumble against Atletico and get knocked out in the next round

Edit have you also checked out his career stats for liverpool? His first season was phenomenal for goal participation, 15 iirc, but then drops off to an odd goal and a few assists every year since until this season. So will this be another anomalous season or has klopp worked his magic

@Dan-The-Man all good points as well

1 last thing, although I wouldnt bet against them getting to the final, football can be a funny old game and as such I'd only be slightly surprised (but hugely pissed off as a fan) if they have a stumble against Atletico and get knocked out in the next round

Yeah... I mean... admittedly, I'm basing my thoughts on Liverpool getting to the final. I just can't see anyone beating them over 2 legs.

Will this be another anomalous season or has klopp worked his magic

It was interesting watching Liverpool in the first half today. They were nowhere near as controlled as they have been in recent weeks. It looked for a little while like they were going to get tipped over. If that happens again, I wouldn't be shocked to see Fabinho used more frequently as a sub to sure the games up with Henderson sitting in the middle of the park. That said, with no Mane on the pitch, Southampton probably felt they could risk attacks a little more.

This is what I love about the Football Index. I've watched football, so closely this year, I reckon I could tell you what under crackers Henderson has had on most weeks. I've always watched football but I've never watched it this close ha.

• @Dan-The-Man that's probably from the picture above your bed where you can see them.. 不不不

• @Dan-w Nah, the picture above my bed is your mama, and she's not wearing any.

BOOM!

• @Dan-The-Man said in Jordan Henderson:

@Dan-w Nah, the picture above my bed is your mama, and she's not wearing any.

BOOM!

And would you believe that Dan W's full name is Daniel William Hender. So that would be a picture on your wall of Mrs Hender. Which would make Dan W....

Mrs Hender's son

0_1580635969938_018d9bbc82daf5efb7f68dd3c4e2be02.jpg

• This post is deleted!

• @Dan-The-Man

He plays commando iirc

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.