flat market last couple of weeks?

• always interested to find out if its just my portfolio or whether others are seeing the same...................but the last 2 weeks have been the flattest of my shortish time on here. anyone else seeing the same?

• @NewUser115892 depends what player's you've got I guess. I'd say my portfolio has risen steadily last 2 weeks. There have been times when it's been a bit slow prior to that though so I reckon it's swings and roundabouts.

• Maybe because people have already invested in their players for the latter part of the season and world cup holds.

• There's a few factors that I suspect have slowed growth across the market.

Firstly we're in the fallow part of the month for new money. There's normally a spike towards the end of the month as pay packets hit bank accounts and people have more to invest.

Secondly I think people are holding off their investment decisions until the Manchester trader meet. If there's any significant news that emerges from that (particularly on FI's World Cup plans) then you'll see a flood of money into relevant players.

Thirdly, we're in an odd part of the season. The national leagues have started to firm up but aren't yet settled, there are no PB eligible games for a few weeks, and it's still too early for transfer rumours.

Not a major surprise if growth has slowed. But on FI a period like this is invariably followed by an explosion in a week or two.

• @playingcards1 said in flat market last couple of weeks?:

There's a few factors that I suspect have slowed growth across the market.

Firstly we're in the fallow part of the month for new money. There's normally a spike towards the end of the month as pay packets hit bank accounts and people have more to invest.

Secondly I think people are holding off their investment decisions until the Manchester trader meet. If there's any significant news that emerges from that (particularly on FI's World Cup plans) then you'll see a flood of money into relevant players.

Thirdly, we're in an odd part of the season. The national leagues have started to firm up but aren't yet settled, there are no PB eligible games for a few weeks, and it's still too early for transfer rumours.

Not a major surprise if growth has slowed. But on FI a period like this is invariably followed by an explosion in a week or two.

This is correct overview of the situation.

• @Chicken-Badge situation seems to have changed now, already. A lot of movement in the market right now.

• Indeed. Flat Market for a few days. But try to read the signs on when the next surge might happen. Ideally get in ahead. But piling in quick also works ;-)

• @Dave-C tomorrow could be a record day. Cause of WC announcement and trader meet up. I will pile up today, i hope it will pay out :-)

• yep im also seeing some upside today.........last saturday saw a surge also. is it a case that this site comes alive at weekend - people acting before the weekends matches?

• @NewUser115892 pretty much yeah

• Felt abit stitches up yesterday sold 125 son at a good profit but after a 20p fall with 3 weeks of no OB football coming up seen it that he maynot rise has soon has I sell the money goes back on.... really feels in a slow market nobody sold and bought him in this volume just figures played with... same with the Burnley Call up guy did people really notch him by 15p then down today by 15p seems like there making sure look buzy when it ain’t I think sons price would of been stable I’ve not known such a pattern a sell off ain’t staggered till a couple of days after match really weird going’s on and would people really buy that Burnley bloke?

• Flat market is history

Yesterday the top/value players for the big teams which got the best Euro draws took off

Lotta overlap with WC players that's today's surge

• It seems i was right yesterday with my prediction for today. What a day! Index is flying,!