Port dropping?

• Past 3-4 days port has been bleeding a few quid a day which obviously not great to see.
    Transfer linked players getting bulk of the money but it is a dangerous game where you can win but also loose big.

Sooner all the leagues are up and running the better but not the greatest start to the year I have to admit.

A couple of weeks down the line and it should start to look a lot rosier with money hopefully returning to pb players.
    I'm guessing that should be happening soon as many like to be ahead of the curve.

• Mine has been great and consistently growing at an accelerated rate until probably 5pm yesterday. Since then it's marginally dropped. Monday sell off though, happens every week.

Do we need a thread every time a portfolio dips for a day or 2?

• Are there any deposit bonuses currently running?

• @BradD said in Port dropping?:

Mine has been great and consistently growing at an accelerated rate until probably 5pm yesterday. Since then it's marginally dropped. Monday sell off though, happens every week.

Regular as clockwork, these threads. As soon as we have a couple of days without growth. I genuinely think most people on the Index expect the market to constantly increase.

We had obscene levels of growth towards the end of December, but that will soon be forgotten. Waiting for the first “thinking of withdrawing” thread, that’s usually not far behind.

• I think a lot of people got drawn into the massive hype that a ‘Try January’ would be happening and the market would boom by 10-20% like last year.

• Yes only just up since Xmas day, not much premier lge football now though hope end Jan money back in and return of European football kicks market back into action

• No idea what my port is doing as set myself a new years resolution to not check my account till February the 1st.

Do I think it will be higher on 1st Feb than it was on 31st December? 100% CONFIDENT

• 0_1578316582902_upload-d73d8e97-2c53-45f9-a729-a347ca05be81

Yesterday, my all time profit went into the red for the 1st time for a few months. I think people are taking out their deposit for the 5% bonus. I'm in the process myself of market selling to take back the deposit. On the plus side, half my 28-man port is in the green.

• Yeah I've been dropping but the footie has been rising. Which is never nice to see.

If you look at the risers though it's mainly budget shite doing well. Decent players seem to be suffering. Should just be a bit of a short term trend.

I am having to reassess how I expected the market to perform though. Based on the price graphs for last year I was expecting a bit of a peak for PB players in February. If there's no try January then it appears that won't be happening this year.

• @BradD said in Port dropping?:

Whilst I appreciate that these threads can be tedious and frustrating for those that have been here for over a year, please accept that others on the platform will not have the experience that hindsight brings.

I am almost certain that the first time your portfolio experienced a prolonged dip, you shat your pants and thought the world was about to end.

You probably came onto the forum seeking reassurances that you weren't going to be left bankrupt.

That is exactly what the OP is doing. Cut him/her a little slack. We have all been there! 👍

• @johnboywalker Here here! Well said!!!

• @johnboywalker Very true and we will all go through this again and again.
    Sometimes it is good to know your not the only one going through it and to hear reassurances from others can help no end.

• @Allams-Out There are decent rises to be had but its mainly based on transfer rumours.
    In a couple of weeks people will be back to buying PB players for the end of season and Euros push.

• The constant berating of premium holds on here and other platforms does no good what so ever for market confidence. What new people to the platform must think when they see the ticker tape on televised matches showing the prices of Messi, Pogba and Kane and then come on here and see them described a sucker purchases I despair to think.

• @Coleyscrooge
    Hahaha
    Wow so true on many levels
    Maybe the people who moan most are new users who haven’t experienced massive gains as 2 year plus holders

• @Neil2265 said in Port dropping?:

@Allams-Out There are decent rises to be had but its mainly based on transfer rumours.
    In a couple of weeks people will be back to buying PB players for the end of season and Euros push.

Yep if you can jump on the transfer rumours early you can make nice profit flipping them.

Think the problem for many traders will be that they have money tied up in players nobody wants to buy and it might not be worth instant selling just to play a quick flip. Order books can't come too soon for me.

As for PB players. If they've got nothing else going for them (transfer rumours, euro's, etc) then think they are done for now.

I made some of my best profits by buying into PB players last May when they had bottomed out. I intend to do the same this year.

• @LittleFish that’s the problem with the short sighted people who peddle that agenda; it might help them short term as some will flock to their pumps . But longer term they damage the whole platform, as without the well known premium players being green FI will struggle to sell the product to the wider audience.

The people who’s opinion i respect the most on here and Twatter is those who have a varied port holding both premium players, youth prospects and CA potential. They tend also to be those that don’t talk constant shit, hopefully other newer users will formulate that opinion as I did in the first month of being here.

• @Sav2000 completely agree. The "ain't you glad you flogged Pogba" thread the other day. Really does not good for the long term stability of FI. October 18th showed the possible vulnerability of the product. FI can't survive with us all buying 22p dogshit players hoping some sucker will buy them off us for 40p.

• 0_1578317249635_Untitled.png

0_1578317428306_Untitled.png

Taken from FI sigmund Freunds twitter timeline. One of the best data analysts around on twitter (he doesnt use the forum so i thought his work deserved a little pump on here, its excellent for those who are that way inclined).

Obviously this model is imperfect and always will be whatever factors are taken into account. But it does give a rough around the edges assessment of value. Anyone who is that way inclined and has a few extra braincells than me could plot and build upon this based on their own port and how many different variables to take into account when creating your own projected dividend formula.

Its obviously not the only tool you can use in this current market but it does help to have data like this to hand when your ports taking a bit of a knock, even if its just from a psychological perspective.

I would guess this would be especially useful for new users and people who prefer to hold medium to long term. If you know what you hold is built upon a degree of relatively measurable value, the less likely you will make rash and impulsive decisions trying to follow market trends if things are not going well at any given moment in time.

And if anyone wants to poke obvious holes in this model thats ok, there are obviously plenty of holes that can be poked. But ill leave you with one of his last posts on twitter. This is a especially poignant point, especially for all new users around here or any other form of social media related to FI.

'You know all those tipping accounts on here...funny how they never share their model for assessing value (or the limitations of it). Almost as if they are just making it up as they go along based on who they can try to flog to the market...'

• @LittleFish said in Port dropping?:

FI can't survive with us all buying 22p dogshit players hoping some sucker will buy them off us for 40p.

Weirdly I think that's great for them - we buy a ton of useless players they never have to pay out dividends to, then we try to sell them but nobody buys them, so we have to IS. Down at that end, the spread is usually 10-15%, and add on the 2% commission, I bet this range of players is amongst FI's most profitable.