Something exciting coming this afternoon!

• @nicky540 said in Something exciting coming this afternoon!:

lets say i jumped on someone for the no loss jan promo the other day, they are still around the same price so i sell them all then re buy, will i get the transfer bonus if they transfer ? anyone see a problem with this strat ?

0_1578943000495_IMG-20190921-WA0012.jpg

They don't make it easy do they?
    The index itself is complicated for new users and these bonuses make it 10 times harder to fathom

• @NallyCat said in Something exciting coming this afternoon!:

@Ericali because you've recently gone in on the players you've mentioned and you're about to burn the suckers getting on too late for a tidy profit if you've not already 😹

But.... wouldn't FI pay out on the losing bets to the value of £500? or have I mistaken?

• Only really worth buying players that your going to keep for the long haul, so i'm avoiding anyone over 28 for this. The one I like the look of is Kyle Walker-Peters, about to hit £1 and odds of 1/10 on skybet, it may only be a loan move but that's 5p every share and he's still currently under £1 but won't be for much longer.

• @nicky540 the spread will probably get you if you IS them. So ok, you'll get the transfer bit if they transfer but you have a lot less chance of any CA, even though your no loss promo would cover you.

• @Dan-w said in Something exciting coming this afternoon!:

@NallyCat said in Something exciting coming this afternoon!:

@Ericali because you've recently gone in on the players you've mentioned and you're about to burn the suckers getting on too late for a tidy profit if you've not already 😹

But.... wouldn't FI pay out on the losing bets to the value of £500? or have I mistaken?

Yes mate, minus and amalgamated divs/cap app. I personally think it's a bit of a mess. I've kind of locked myself out of any of this activity because I've exploited the no lose aspect with a big punt on a big risk with a big spread. Therefore theses no point in me selling pre-existing shares that I can profit from, in order to buy a Giroud or a Lewis Dunk who I'll likely profit from but it will just be cancelled out if my big no-lose punt goes west.

If Ben Arfa was unveiled at a PB club tomorrow I'd effectively be free to trade again but I think its gonna be late jan if at all because hes not gonna be many ppls first choice.

Bigger picture, it just seems at odds to run these 2 promotions side by side. Odd on the one hand, possibly genius on the other from a business perspective

• its net buys so selling to re buy wouldnt work, DOH !

• @ScouseSte said in Something exciting coming this afternoon!:

@Ericali said in Something exciting coming this afternoon!:

I think it's a good promotion. 👍

People don't have to change strategies it's just a welcome bonus when people transfer.

Some people just love a good moan! 😎

I would say it would be good if you didn't have to buy the players from today! That's naughty.
    If one of my existing players transfers, I believe I should be entitled to the divs.

But like I said, it's designed to earn FI a few bob in commission during what's been a fairly flat January.

I did most of my business prior to January too.

While I won't benefit directly from the bonus. What I will benefit from is transfer targets increasing in value.

Better than nothing isn't it.

• @ScouseSte said in Something exciting coming this afternoon!:

Call me cynical buy it's just another mechanism designed to force lots of selling (earning FI commission) to be able to do lots of buying (earning FI money) and then lots more selling once the promo period ends.

Let's not be under any illusion here, there is only one winner in all this. Football Index.

This will be yet another "bonus" I decide to abstain from.

Yep, I agree. It’s another short term and short sighted promotion aimed at creating volatility and generating commission.

Luckily no damage to my portfolio so far.

But those who are buying transfer spec players are going to need to time their exits well. It’s already been commonplace to see big falls in prices once a transfer is confirmed. This bonus will only make the falls all the more drastic!

• @Ericali said in Something exciting coming this afternoon!:

@ScouseSte said in Something exciting coming this afternoon!:

@Ericali said in Something exciting coming this afternoon!:

I think it's a good promotion. 👍

People don't have to change strategies it's just a welcome bonus when people transfer.

Some people just love a good moan! 😎

I would say it would be good if you didn't have to buy the players from today! That's naughty.
    If one of my existing players transfers, I believe I should be entitled to the divs.

But like I said, it's designed to earn FI a few bob in commission during what's been a fairly flat January.

I did most of my business prior to January too.

While I won't benefit directly from the bonus. What I will benefit from is transfer targets increasing in value.

Better than nothing isn't it.

That's true I suppose.
    I just worry for newbies who will get burned caught up in the panic and they'll potentially leave the platform.

• @ocs123

Exactly how I feel.

The only way you can really profit is if you manage to sell straight after the transfer is confirmed.

Or your hold is strong enough to survive the inevitable sell off once a transfer is confirmed. Ie. They’ll need to be a strong pb prospect to not see a mass sell off.

My biggest concern is even if you have a strong pb prospect, the effect a mass sell off can have on other traders is huge. So many people panic so quickly that I believe a lot of players will drop even below their original value once the transfer is complete due to panic selling

• @NewUser161744

Yep. There’s no point in holding a player post transfer (even a PB beast), because the drop off has always been bad and now will be severe. Better to sell and buy back a month later when they’ve tanked or just sell and withdraw your money from the platform altogether.

In many cases, even trying to sell immediately after the transfer bonus is paid will be too late, as lots of people will be trying that and the sell queue will be long and the IS spread very large. Holders will need probably need to sell pre-transfer, which i’m sure is what those who are saying this bonus is great will actually do.

I don’t see how this is going to benefit the platform long term, as a lot of people will get burnt.

• @Sav2000 said in Something exciting coming this afternoon!:

The sell off after the transfer and div have been confirmed will be mental

Precisely this. I am staying well away.

• Don't really like it. Encourages short termism, inflated prices and lots and lots of pumping.

• Something else I've just thought of.....

So you have a transfer completed and confirmed blah blah, theh pay out the dividends, will those dividends then be included within the amalgamated net trading profit calculations for the other january promotion?

• @Ddr yep it’s a win win for FI the more I think about the more I’m staying clear.

• @Sav2000 it's great for the market in general but I've tried to stay clear of all the transfer rumour trading, so my port has stayed pretty static, few rising offset but some dropping.

I can see where the money is coming from to pay for all the new advertising lol

• Being a relatively new trader of less than a year maybe it’s naivety on my part but I literally see no benefits to this new dividend? I think the timing couldn’t be worse with new users joining dipping their toes in before putting more capital in! They would have seen what the product should really be about last night in the Mahrez vs Neymar Star Man battle with great performances on the pitch being rewarded with Dividends!

Now the product is being complicated further with this new dividend when it should be marketed to be as simple as possible that will have new traders investing in 34 year old French bench warmers hoping they get a transfer which will more than likely see the dividend offset by a large spread upon completion of said transfer!

I don’t think these are the kind of announcements would help attract the whales that you would like to think some of the marketing team are targeting! A team of the week/month/season would have been a far more attractive proposition in my opinion!

I believe 100% in this platform and I appreciate the need for all types of customers but this feels rather unnecessary and oddly timed announcement!

• @Kemo20 yeah coming in brand new to FI all these bonuses are too confusing. I've been on a year and I can't get my head around it and staying away 😂
    Transfers are volatile enough as it is without adding an extra 'bonus' which will no doubt leave people stranded with holds they don't want.
    Can see it putting off new users off.

• Is this offer meant to be used in conjunction with the no risk January one? - I was assuming so.....

To be honest I havent read all the T&C's for the risk free Jan offer, but on this face of it, wouldn't it work something like this:

• Invest in a transfer target hoping that they get their transfer (even at an inflated price).
    • Receive your 5/10p in dividends the following day when transfer happens.
    • When the transfer completes expect that everyone sells and price drops.
    • Use the risk free offer to claim back any capital loss on the price drop (or sell at profit if you get in/out quick enough and happy days)
    • Otherwise would make the 5/10p dividend as net amount anyway.

• Just questioning why this new offer today as we already have a promotion going.
    Funny enough port was doing OK last few days since that promo started but since the transfer divi started this evening port has headed slowly south.
    Has there been a slow down in new users joining the index? so the need for renewed impetus for the index?

Is it common for two promotions to running at the same time as I don't seem to remember this happening since I joined.
    No doubt someone will put me right on that🤨

Just feel a tad concerned that new users are going to be rather confused about all this.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.