Brandon Williams

• Gary Lineker Tweeted how excited he is about Brandon Williams so that's gonna add some weight to the both the England discussion and his subsequent share price.

It TAA is the benchmark at around £6.90, and he may not even start for England ahead of Trippier, then I can sort of understand this rise in Williams. The left back spot is currently there for the taking.

With any luck, young Brandon will take a pasting on Sunday and be brought back down to earth but after that, good luck to the kid 😉😂

• United have struggled to keep clean sheets all season, but United have kept 6 clean sheets in the last 7 games Williams has played, I don't think it's by chance. Only thing I don't like about him is the fact he's right footed, but it's yet another young English player coming through which is brilliant

• @ChazFI123

Does he start against the mighty reds on Sunday? Or does Ollie go with experience?

• @ScouseSte I'm really not sure, there's rumours that Young won't play again. If Young is available I think he might play as he's been quite successful in marking Salah before. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a very similar line up to the game earlier in the season, just really hope it's not Shaw. Formation may depend on Rashford's availability too, be interesting to see what Ole says about him tomorrow

• I stumbled across some info that apparently young is going through a divorce so thats why he wants to go to inter to escape her!.

• @Tom77 I have to admit when I saw reports that he was refusing to play for United again I found it very odd, cause no matter how good/bad people think he has been, he has always been a very good professional for the club!

• @ChazFI123 said in Brandon Williams:

@Tom77 I have to admit when I saw reports that he was refusing to play for United again I found it very odd, cause no matter how good/bad people think he has been, he has always been a very good professional for the club!

I was suprised aswell but this kind of info make sense of it. People forget they have personal lives aswell.

I don't know if its true though......

• Impressed me enough to buy him, a few years younger then chilwell so maybe the comparison is better with Reece James age wise and his price is closing on 3.50.

• @DJ-110 said in Brandon Williams:

Impressed me enough to buy him, a few years younger then chilwell so maybe the comparison is better with Reece James age wise and his price is closing on 3.50.

You have also got to factor in the Man Utd media magnetism, which gives Williams a slight edge over both Chilwell and James. That's if he continues to perform well of course!
    Reece James looks like a tank though - if I had spare cash I'd buy into him but I'm already over-subscribed with defenders (about 40% of my port)

• He seems to have a mature head on his shoulders for a 19 year old
    as others have alluded too his style of game and team set up does not really warrant him being compared to TTA but there is no reason why he cant comfortably rise above £3 especially if and when he gets a call up to one of the future England squads

• @ScouseSte Reece James is a big regret. Hovered over buying him at 1.20 not too long ago. He does look the part and its a shame that Right back is covered at the moment.

Wasn't going to make the same mistake with Williams. Already up several pence since i bought him an hour ago.

• It's also worth pointing out that, with a name like Williams (common), it is highly likely that the papers are forced to use his full name in any article headlines. Again, this is further advantageous to his MB potential, where the likes of Hudson-Odoi or Alexander-Arnold etc often miss out

• He hasn't got much media yet though.

They (the press) tend to talk about the forwards or goalscorers at Manchester United.

He looks a fine player 👍 hopefully can save us a few quid looking for a LB to replace Shaw. (Who's not good enough)

One different between TAA & Reece James is they both have took set pieces & Brandon Williams doesn't.

• Sold for around £1.66 last month.. was gonna get back in last night but chose not to. His constant rise has forced me to get back in at £2.62 🤦‍♂️ I mean it does seem to be that he's gonna be United's best left back and future England player so here we go!

• I must admit, I have used a bit of experience and also gotten a touch lucky in this case - I bought into Brandon Williams only last week at 6pm, an hour before the teams were announced for the Manchester Derby cup clash.
    Knowing that irregular players who are named in starting line-ups often rise significantly, I took a punt on Williams, with the intention of selling mid-match on a spike.
    He only rose slightly though and of course United got walloped 3-1. But he looked alright for a kid, especially against a ruthless Mahrez who many would have struggled with that night.
    So I decided to hold on. Luckily

I'm currently up 86p per share on him!! And it's still going!! 🤗

Times like this, only having a 20-player portfolio is really beneficial 👌🏻

• @Ericali Handy if ex United players from their golden era keep commenting though. Should get third place today unless a big transfer goes through.

• I’ve only been on the platform 2 weeks. I bought a decent wedge at £1.89 and have been considering topping up ever since. I’ve been holding off hoping he was going to fall a bit from people cashing in on him. But maybe he isn’t going to fall any time soon?

• @AllyHibs
    I wouldn’t be worried as his rise isn’t based on some transfer rumours or something wishy washy like that. He’s young, English and looks set to cement a place in the Man Utd team. Add to this the fact that TAA is nearly £7 or whatever and despite them being very different players I can see him being a good long term hold with plenty of cap app yet to come

• Closing in on 2nd place for media divs too!

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.