Brandon Williams

• @AllyHibs
    I wouldn’t be worried as his rise isn’t based on some transfer rumours or something wishy washy like that. He’s young, English and looks set to cement a place in the Man Utd team. Add to this the fact that TAA is nearly £7 or whatever and despite them being very different players I can see him being a good long term hold with plenty of cap app yet to come

• Closing in on 2nd place for media divs too!

• @AllyHibs said in Brandon Williams:

I’ve only been on the platform 2 weeks. I bought a decent wedge at £1.89 and have been considering topping up ever since. I’ve been holding off hoping he was going to fall a bit from people cashing in on him. But maybe he isn’t going to fall any time soon?

Ally, as a fellow Scot, I'll give you the advice of my experience.

Williams may continue to rise, but the rise is illogical.

For me, he is a risky hold.

The difference between Williams and TAA is that one team is dominating world football and the other is in transition and treading water. If Williams plays on Sunday, I fear Salah/Mane will tear him a new arsehole.

This has happened previously with Man Utd players, they fall into some sort of hype bubble, created by us, with no real justification for their current price. Greenwood is a decent example. He is the 13th most expensive player on the index. He is a good young talent, but don't let 'potential' cloud your judgement. Deal in facts and statistics.

As for Williams, what do you expect from him? I watched him in person recently and was impressed. He is young and raw, but is years off being as good as other established full backs, like Chilwell for example.

Williams is 19 years old and already £2.71. Now the 5th most expensive defender on the index. I can't see him being anywhere near competing for PB until that Utd team sorts itself out.

Andy Robertson is £1.64 and over a pound cheaper. He plays in team that suits the PB scoring matrix. Admittedly, he has to complete with VVD and TAA every week for PB, but he holds his own, and will continue to do so.

Take your profit, don't get greedy and look for real value. Players rise and fall. Bubbles inevitably burst.

(Just for transparency, I don't hold any players mentioned in this post👍)

• @johnboywalker

I think the fact Lineker and some other half decent ex United pro's are raving about him makes this a little different mate.

There is hype and there is unjustified hype.
    I believe this is possibly justified.

Forget Sunday, he's going to get rinsed *hopefully, if he plays but after that game I'll be keeping an eye on his progress.

The left back position for England is vulnerable, with only Chilwell and Danny Rose really. So I would say his rise is also based on that.

Interesting to see how it plays out in the next few weeks anyway

• @ScouseSte roughly translated @johnboywalker he's bought into the hype & is hoping the train doesn't stop the next station.

😂😉

• @Ericali said in Brandon Williams:

@ScouseSte roughly translated @johnboywalker he's bought into the hype & is hoping the train doesn't stop the next station.

😂😉

If you bother to read Eric, further down I explain how I bought him for a flip last week (£1.81) and have now almost reached £1 per share profit in a week.

So I could either get out now with massive profit or hold. I'm choosing to hold, under no pressure whatsoever 😊.

So thanks for the smarmy input mate, but ROUGHLY TRANSLATED you got it wrong about me 😉.

• @johnboywalker
    You used Greenwood as another example of an overhyped player but then point out that he is currently 13th highest priced on the index. That sounds like a reason why you SHOULD buy hyped Man Utd youngsters. Also Greenwood went stratospheric before he even played whereas Williams’s rise is based on good performances and potential to fill weak left back spots for Man Utd and England.

• @Specksynder said in Brandon Williams:

@johnboywalker
    You used Greenwood as another example of an overhyped player but then point out that he is currently 13th highest priced on the index. That sounds like a reason why you SHOULD buy hyped Man Utd youngsters. Also Greenwood went stratospheric before he even played whereas Williams’s rise is based on good performances and potential to fill weak left back spots for Man Utd and England.

I don't reject any of the points you have made. If you were invested in either of the aforementioned Utd starlets, you will most likely be sitting on a lot of green.

I just feel that time and time again, the index will always revert to proven dividend winners. The youth bubble comes and goes with alarmingly consistency, especially for those in the Red of Manchester. You can make money this way, absolutely.

My point is that the rise is illogical, and when the capital appreciation train stops rolling, you slowly realise that you now hold an overpriced, inflated asset and that you should have disembarked at the stop before last ...

• For those that assume he will be found out against Liverpool, He did ok against Man City the other evening though the team as a whole got a spanking + Traders were intelligent enough to see that this kid has something about him whilst all those around him were losing their heads and what remained of their reputation.

My main reason for holding though is for the likelihood that he will get called up for the England squad at some point in the next 12 months even if its just for Southgate to give him a taste of what its like to be in and around the England squad probably during one of the friendlies, when this happens there will be another spike.

the bubble has burst for youth players in the recent past for man united for players like Chong and Gomes but thats mainly due to them not staking a claim for a first team place when they have got in - Williams is a different kettle o fish.

He's young,English and seems to established himself as a regular starter for the biggest media based club on the platform

• I bought at £1.65 with a very small holding (20) which is something ive done to diversify my portfolio. Out of my 104 players 80 of them are these small holds where ive set a rule that when any of these hit £1 profit i will sell i really didnt want to sell this one but i think @johnboywalker is right. If you can make money on these types of holds you have to set point at which you are going to sell and stick to it

• He is making other young full backs look cheap. Max Aarons of Norwich is my pick of the bunch. Spurs are after him and he would be straight in the team given our issues in that position.

• @Black-wolf said in Brandon Williams:

I bought at £1.65 with a very small holding (20) which is something ive done to diversify my portfolio. Out of my 104 players 80 of them are these small holds where ive set a rule that when any of these hit £1 profit i will sell i really didnt want to sell this one but i think @johnboywalker is right. If you can make money on these types of holds you have to set point at which you are going to sell and stick to it

Always have an exit strategy for any hold.

But don't be too rigid. Treat each purchase as an individual decision. Continually assess the performance of the hold.

Every hold, every single one of them, will rises and fall and (most likely) rise again.

If you can master the art of predicting the peaks and troughs, you can potentially make yourself a very wealthy man! 😎

• @johnboywalker yep but ive decided my premium holds are excluded from this method unless it’s absolutely essential. Ive tried it wit them in the past which has led to me buying back in or selling at the wrong time.

I believe in all the players i hold and bought them all after a lot of research but i have decided that certain players will be subject to this £1 per share rise selling point at which point ill reinvest elsewhere or into a current hold that has dropped. Unfortunately Brandon was one of these players

• Looking forward to FI giving me back what I'm losing on Brandon Williams this past week. Trust me to buy at the top end 😂

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.