Gareth Bale

• This is now all over the main forums from the 'ITK' posters. Comments point to a long loan move (assume 18 months). Regardless of it happens (v doubtful) maybe some nice media bonus coming GB's way. ZZ didn't select him even though fit for their last game I believe.

Anyway, GB to Spurs happens every window so I'm unconvinced it'll happen but he has to leave their eventually right? Jose loves a big name superstar on big wages, Levy needs to do something to appease the fans who are close to a revolt and Kane is injured for the season so there are more illogical moves that could happen!

• His agent just stated he won’t be leaving Real Madrid

• I suspect it's still on. He wants out and this is win win for everyone. Either way, staying at Madrid is no bad thing and hes a good hold for the euros anyway.

• @Leighton there is 0 chance Tottenham sign Gareth Bale. They pay him what 300-350K a week ,suddenly it ruins all their wage structure. No chance they do that for an injury prone player who's past his peak

• @ChazFI123 I think a few people have got some Bale in the queue and trying to get out...same goes for the Bruno thread where both sets of holders are trying to convince others that the respective deals are pretty much done. Pretty shoddy stuff

• To add to this both scenarios haven't really changed since the summer.

Bale unwanted at real Madrid and wants to play. That scenario hasn't changed for 6 months. So no one can point to that scenario as reason it's gonna happen.

Bruno wanted to go premier league in summer. United needed a midfielder and Pogba had already announced he was off at some point. Sporting want to cash in but not gonna sell low,otherwise they would have caved in the summer. I see people on that thread indicating sporting will cave? Why when they didn't before?

Both may still happen but some of the people really pushing their 'evidence' on why the respective transfer will happen seen suspiciously desperate to get their point across. Particularly suspicious of those who are gonna 'top up'

• Bale rumours have absolute no evidence or foundation.

Bruno rumours - its pretty much well know sporting are selling and bruno wants to leave.

Completely different curcumstances.

It’s pretty hard to get a player to move on 600k a week.

• And to prove my point....

• I don't think Bale or Bruno will move this month. Utd can't meet the price tag unless the sell Pogba due to FFP rules, Madrid can't afford Pogba due to FFP. Spurs can't afford Bale's wages.

• @stumac85 United turned over the most money in the league last season, and had a net spend of about 30 million, they could easily pay 100 million+ and still comply with FFP 😂

• @stumac85 said in Gareth Bale:

I don't think Bale or Bruno will move this month. Utd can't meet the price tag unless the sell Pogba due to FFP rules, Madrid can't afford Pogba due to FFP. Spurs can't afford Bale's wages.

I’ve heard it all now. Utd can’t comply with FFP 😂? Do you even follow football? Utd could buy Bale and Fernandes this window if they wanted to and still be well within FFP rules lmao

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.