Erling Braut Håland safest hold? Must buy?

• I know his price seems high but I can only see it rising. Potential euro star, potential huge move in the coming years. I can see him winning plenty of media and player dividends in the coming years.

• I think he's gonna produce some ridiculous returns for Dortmund in terms of goals, they're set up to feed a striker. Literally every striker who plays for them bags goals, Lewandowksi, Aubameyang, Michy, Alcacer, Reus- list goes on

• 0_1579709687560_1zkwyw.jpg

• He's a tricky one. 12th most expensive player on the index.

He got a hat trick for Dortmund on his debut so I would think now is probably the worst time to buy him because it doesn't really get much better than that. He will be rotated in and out and will hit a dry patch...buy him then.

MB threat is minimal. Debut hat trick in an absolute thriller and lost MB to a Rashford back injury and the ongoing boring saga that is Bruno Fernandes.

He won't be a star of the Euros because Norway are piss poor. If by some miracle they manage to beat Serbia in the playoffs, and then win the final,they will likely come bottom of whatever group they are in. That's not to be mean, they just really are not a good side. Probably the worst of all the Scandinavian sides at the moment.

Haland has one hell of a future ahead of him, no doubt about it. If he is amazing at Dortmund, he will be a Barcelona player in 2 or 3 years as they look to replace aging stars.

Is now the best time to buy into him? I think you will be able to get him cheaper than this at some point.

Maybe I'm wrong. Just thinking out loud

• @BradD

Very balanced synopsis; I bought him @115p after the 9 goals game & sold @490p on the Man Utd hype & as you say how much more hype or better can he play (in the short term)? There will inevitably be injuries or barren spells when ppl take profits & that should provide a good opportunity to buy back in, hopefully at current levels or below, but for now I don't think his price has much more rocket fuel to go. If I'm wrong so be it but the risks outweigh the rewards for me just now @460+.

• Haaland is this year's Luka Jovic.

Jovic didn't follow up from his steep rise when he went to Madrid (lack of game time obviously the main contributor) but if Haaland won't have that problem. He's got to perform regularly to maintain that price though

• He’s on my watch list but I’ll wait for him to dip which he will at some point then probably buy in; but after the weekends performance to buy on that spike for me is a little risky.

If you’ve held for a while and have great CA then you can rid the dips.

• I just bought in myself this week after the big rise.
    My reason is Dortmund play Koln on Friday on a Bronze day ( possible PB win ) and after that they play Union Berlin I think both are home games and whilst Berlin have a good defensive record I still see him scoring quite heavily against both opponents.
    The only thing I’m kinda worried about is him actually not starting the games.
    As I said on a previous thread he could score 4/5 goals in the next two fixtures, if so he’ll continue to fly.
    Just my two cents

• @cowan86 you don’t even know if he is a good PB player. He literally just moved to Dortmund.
    What if in the next game he scores a hat trick and he doesn’t even win top forward PB? What’re you gonna do if he blanks in the next 2 games? A surprising amount of people with itchy fingers will just sell him and move onto their next FOMO buy - that’s how is price got so high in the first place, through FOMO and not via people thinking he’s a good buy.

If you’re gonna buy now, you probably couldn’t have picked a worse time. Wait until his price drops - will likely do so in summer when Euros is on. I doubt Norway will even make it

• @Andy You only have to understand which stats make a pb score to know that right now he’s a bad pb player. Even playing in Austria those stats stack up very poorly.
    A glut of goals will be required to post a score that’s usually required to win on a treble match day.

• @BradD said in Erling Braut Håland safest hold? Must buy?:

He's a tricky one. 12th most expensive player on the index.

He got a hat trick for Dortmund on his debut so I would think now is probably the worst time to buy him because it doesn't really get much better than that. He will be rotated in and out and will hit a dry patch...buy him then.

MB threat is minimal. Debut hat trick in an absolute thriller and lost MB to a Rashford back injury and the ongoing boring saga that is Bruno Fernandes.

He won't be a star of the Euros because Norway are piss poor. If by some miracle they manage to beat Serbia in the playoffs, and then win the final,they will likely come bottom of whatever group they are in. That's not to be mean, they just really are not a good side. Probably the worst of all the Scandinavian sides at the moment.

Haland has one hell of a future ahead of him, no doubt about it. If he is amazing at Dortmund, he will be a Barcelona player in 2 or 3 years as they look to replace aging stars.

Is now the best time to buy into him? I think you will be able to get him cheaper than this at some point.

Maybe I'm wrong. Just thinking out loud

I don't think you're wrong - I probably couldn't have put it better myself.

• I think there's a short term gain to be had as I do expect him to score goals in next couple of games.

But I weigh it up in risk vs reward. What's the best outcome... Scores a few goals, wins the bronze pb game... Gets another 50p cap ap? So maybe 55-60p a share over next few weeks... Pretty good.

Whats the downside... Doesnt start and he will drop, doesn't score and he will plummet... Does score but shit pb will drop

I think he's a risk and I'm going to avoid... But can see the appeal and there is chance for quick profit.

• @cowan86

It's a tough one.

Timo is at £4:39 and part of that valuation is based on the heavily rumoured upcoming transfer to the Premier League.

With Haaland, he's just had his transfer... which usually means a big dip is to follow but he is a special talent, so that might not be the case and right enough, he's bounced on the back of his hatrick given how prolific his reputation is. Timo is Bundesliga top scorer with 20 goals and 6 assists. He's won 21p in PB this season already, he has the youth on his side and you'd expect him to do better in the Euro's given he plays for Germany, where as Haland is Norwegian and Norway haven't even qualified yet. So should Haalands price be higher than Timo? Seems wrong to me.

Haland's bounce could end up looking like Pulisic's bounce when he bagged his hatrick and shot back up to his transfer peak. He's got stiff competition for game time given Reus is one of the best players in the league and Alcacer is 5 goals in 6 games but after a 25 minute hatrick he's forced his way in and if he keeps that up, they'll soon make way.

I wouldn't be surprised to see his price trend down once the hype train stops rocking. If he scores in the next match, you could be off to the moon , especially if he hits PB but it would only take a couple of mediocre performances for fear to creep in and that could soon be followed by a big drop. So the question I'd be asking you is... do you think he's going to just hit the ground running, bang in 10 goals in the next 10 games?

I'd be looking for a short term exit if I held him now... so that I could buy more when he gets the big dip but I'd probably wait to see how the next match plays and try sell mid match if he doesn't look like achieving anything. At most I'd give him 2 more matches but if you're planning on holding for 3 full years... I reckon you're on a winner no matter what because 3 years from now, every club in the world will probably be trying to attract him. He's basically the next Mbappe by the looks of it.

Unless he just never scores again ha.

• Norway are poor. They have potential but need to gel. They may not qualify for Euros but could have a decent future if the team gel. Ajer, Odeegard, Berge and Haaland are youth with huge potential to make Norway something.

One game does not make a player at a big club. We’ll have to see how he pans out fully at Dortmund. Whilst I don’t doubt the potency of the past Dortmund strikers, one must remember he has moved from Salzburg. He done well in the CL but we all need to see how he performs in a significantly better league over a period of time.

Personally, I think he is overpriced now and would wait for a drop. He is a good three year hold as all clubs will be on to him but could see a drop on index value.

I know many will disagree and not like what I’ve said but it’s my opinion on the situation.

• I literally told @Vespasian32 that I was going to buy him the day before his dortmund debut as he looked underpriced at 3.72 I think... I then got busy and forgot til the goal and price spike notifications came rolling in the next day!

I'm still looking at him thinking I should bite the bitter 75p rise bullet and get on, but experience says not to, just because such a big spike is rarely sustained.

To sustain it he will need to:
    Start
    Score 2+ goals
    Score over 200pb

I think he will start, I think he will score, I think he will win fwd pb Friday... So do I go against experience and back my gut?

Then you need to think how high can he go?
    Can he double? Not any time soon.
    Can he go up £1? Maybe
    The recent move makes him different to mbappe. Mbappe has a future big move that could be next window priced in.
    Werner? Similar, we know Werner will move soon and he bangs them in, can get pb scores is young and Germany euros better than norway.

He could become a dominant pb fwd in bundesliga with not many to compete with. But I think Werner is now either underpriced or a good measure of where Haaland price can settle.

I'm going to hold off and hope for an injury or a bad performance dumping to jump on at some point.

• So big rise on Haaland today due to a single game day. Am I a bit mad to be thinking of selling up and moving it all to tried and tested Werner?

• @stumac85 always good to lock in profit 👍🏻

• @stumac85 I think he'll probably score tonight (still a risk he won't be starting... Flashscore shows him questionable)... If he starts/scores he will rise.

But then my view is your in the realm that £5-5.50 is his ceiling... So will be hard to sell thereafter... Looking at spread... Selling before kick off tonight won't be his peak price... But probably a good time to sell to market and not get left holding him or having to IS.

Really hard choice tho I can imagine.

• I sold 27 of my 77 holds. I bought at £4.01, so locks in some profit at least.

Edit: I'm going to hold off Werner, I think his price is inflated by Liverpool rumours, He'll drop a bit Feb 1st.

• @stumac85 said in Erling Braut Håland safest hold? Must buy?:

I sold 27 of my 77 holds. I bought at £4.01, so locks in some profit at least.

Edit: I'm going to hold off Werner, I think his price is inflated by Liverpool rumours, He'll drop a bit Feb 1st.

I’m surprised to see you say you think Werner is overpriced considering he’s won top fwd divs on numerous occasions and is a proven goal scorer in the bundesliga and for Germany.

Yet you hold and think Haaland is value for money, doesn’t look like he is a good PB forward and don’t even know how well he will settle in the squad. I’d say Haaland’s current price shows just how undervalued Werner is. If you look at the rest of Dortmund’s squad there are numerous candidates who are more likely to win PB imo