Erling Braut Håland safest hold? Must buy?

• @Barkez_86 said in Erling Braut Håland safest hold? Must buy?:

When does he come over priced? I wanted to lump on him yesterday but thought he might have a slight drop but how wrong was I!

He became overpriced in my eyes as soon as he hit over £4. Anyone buying now is crazy imo - £5+ per share for him now? No thanks. FOMO must hit some people really hard

• Buy Theo Hernandez instead

• @Andy Even though I don’t own him I’d love to see him keep growing as it’s great for the rest of the index - I do worry what will happen to his price if he goes a couple of games without a goal.

Considering so many holders are sitting on huge profits I’d be very concerned buying in now - he has plenty of momentum right now though so if he keeps scoring he will keep rising.

• @stumac85 I could tell you a story bout the lottery but it’s for another time Im thinking 🤣

• He might overtake Messi’s price tonight.

• @Chris-J said in Erling Braut Håland safest hold? Must buy?:

@Andy Even though I don’t own him I’d love to see him keep growing as it’s great for the rest of the index - I do worry what will happen to his price if he goes a couple of games without a goal.

Considering so many holders are sitting on huge profits I’d be very concerned buying in now - he has plenty of momentum right now though so if he keeps scoring he will keep rising.

Yeah, as soon as he blanks in a game or two on the trot you watch his price dip. It would be very interesting to see what will happen, but I honestly do question why people are buying in at his current price.

He can’t keep rising 50p every time he scores a goal or two, it’s not sustainable. More power to people that choose to buy him, but seriously why do it at his current price off the back off massive rises.

• @Andy I hate not having him, but same mindset as you.

But look at ticker... Still flying through in 300s

Fair play to holders.. This is the biggest mistake of my FI journey... Never owned him 😢 😢 😢

• @Barkez_86 Harry Kane next! 😆

• He’s got to be the most exciting footballer in the world right now, who doesn’t love a goal scorer! Gutted I don’t have a horse in this race, but I wouldn’t be getting involved now, just excited to see his career now and hopefully he’ll end up in the PL (ideally United 🙏🏽)

• @Vespasian32 yeah, don’t get me wrong I hate not having bought in earlier, fair play to people that did.

I certainly wouldn’t be going anywhere near him at his current price. Far too expensive for my liking, and I doubt he will have another big transfer in the next year or so

• Still dont get what this kid has to do to prove his "value" to some. Yes he's rising quick and will have ups and downs but the kid has started like a house on fire...quickest player to score 5 goals in bundesliga history...bangs in goals in austria yes "only austria" but he's a baby in football terms and banged in goals in europa league and champs league. In a team set up perfectly to feed a proper goalscorer...ideal club at the ideal time. Not to mention he's an absolute unit and still only 19...,could end up right at the top of FI...still tempted to top up myself to be honest. Unbelievable talent was one of my first purchases on FI but still can't see anyway he doesn't rise further and gets linked with the evitable moves pretty quickly.

• @BlameItOnTraore he can be the biggest talent in the world, he can be the best player in bundesliga history and break 10+ records - but if he doesn’t win divs or has the potential to win divs then he’s of no good on here imo.

Just look at Mbappe, probably the best young player in the world and arguably one of the best in the world and he’s only 21/22. How many divs has he won compared to neymar? Mbappe’s PB average is awful.

The fact that Haaland has overtaken Messi in price on here is a joke imo. And plus he’s just moved - he isn’t gonna move again to a bigger club straight away

• @Andy yet mbappe is the 4th highest on the index! Sure he's got a big move on the cards at some point but haaland at 19 also has a big move in the future. There's no ceiling to the index at the moment with new users joining and continued growth. In 12 months time the index would have grown and if haaland continues to bang in these goals he will win PB dividends when he starts. It will only be a matter of time.

• @C-Money said in Erling Braut Håland safest hold? Must buy?:

@Andy In 12 months time the index would have grown and if haaland continues to bang in these goals he will win PB dividends when he starts. It will only be a matter of time.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Haaland score a hat trick in the champions league earlier this season, yet he still didn’t win PB for top fwd on that day? Says it all really. If he was a half decent PB player, he would’ve easily won PB if he scored 3 goals.

All I’m saying is it’s crazy if you’re buying your first shares in him at his current price. If you held since £3 or something similar to that then fair play, but at his current price? Surely there must be better places to spend your money

• @Andy but he's just scored 5 goals in 2 games off the bench... His game will only improve. He's 19 yrs old. So in my opinion when his game improves even more as he gets older so will his PB scores. Also FI like to tweak the PB matrix now and then so who knows what could happen in the future. Could be worse for him could be better. But a great start to his career that's for sure

• @C-Money him scoring those 5 goals is irrelevant though? He didn’t win anything from them apart from IPDs. Yeah granted he didn’t play very long, but you look at his PB scores and it literally tells you the only things of note he did was score goals. To win PB you’re gonna need to do more than just score goals.

You mention that his game will improve as he gets older, he’ll only benefit people on FI if he starts adding dribbles, key passes etc... to his game. From what I’ve seen so far, doesn’t really do any of that.

• He surely has to get PB wins to justify that price now. He won't be getting much if any MB wins for his Dortmund performances, for example Sancho has been starring there for over 2 years and he's topped MB just once in that time and that win was national team related.

Will he get the pb wins? I'm not sure he's got the playing style to score well on the matrix other than his so far ridiculous goals per minute ratio, if he can keep banging them in like he has been doing he'll be in contention plenty but it will probably level out somewhat.

• @NallyCat for sure he will have to win PB to justify his price. I mean he hasn't played a full 90mins for dortmund yet so hard to know what his full pb score will be for the club. I suppose time will tell

• Can't judge his pb potential until he plays a full 90. Also Raiola is his agent, he knows how to win media divs. If he wants a transfer then he leaks info to his journo pals left, right and centre.

Haaland will play in the prem two years from now I reckon. Don't think it'll be at United though as his a Leeds fan. Maybe City or Liverpool. However, it's not out of the question of him going to Leeds if they have the cash and settled premier league status. Not sure if that would be a good thing price wise though!

I bought in around £4 (and sold some earlier before the game) but I don't think I'll top up yet, I want to wait until he is the first name on the team sheet.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.