Are goalkeepers under-priced?

• If/when Donnarumma moves to a better team he’ll have less to do and his PB will decrease. Milan are cat atm that’s why he gets decent PB

• Average required PB score for a defender to win star this season is 252. 22 defenders have won star this season but no GKs.

• @Carport said in Are goalkeepers under-priced?:

Average required PB score for a defender to win star this season is 252. 22 defenders have won star this season but no GKs.

That's much higher than I'd of expected.

• I hold quite a few GK's for several reasons;

1. Very cheap in general so any sort of win is usually a good ROI % (most of mine are 20-40p)
    2. Periodic price spikes, usually rumour based, allow selling for cap app or refreshing IPD status
    3. Form part of a balanced portfolio
    4. They allow spare cash to be invested in holding players with very little downside, for example to maximise a deposit bonus
    5. New matrix does allow them to compete for PB Dragowski, Sepe, Guaita, Gomis & Dubravka have all won this year off the top of my head
    6. Long term they will gain some sort of extra reward, team of the week, own category or another dividend

I think they offer great value for money where you can pick up a first team PB regular for 20-30p with a realistic chance of winning dividends.

• Mandanda at Marseille. - 0.25p

Almost 50% clean sheet record. 6 games in the next 30 days. So working on the assumption that he keeps 3 clean sheets. That's potentially 3p I.P.D in this period. Over 10%. Then any bonus of future announcements for goalkeepers.

I'll admit though, I don't watch much french football so not sure if he's any good or not, this thread just got me interested to see of there were any underpriced keepers out there. This seems the one for me.

Compared to other keepers with a similar clean sheet rate he is about half the price

Unai Simon- 46p for example

• @Chickenman said in Are goalkeepers under-priced?:

Mandanda at Marseille. - 0.25p

Almost 50% clean sheet record. 6 games in the next 30 days. So working on the assumption that he keeps 3 clean sheets. That's potentially 3p I.P.D in this period. Over 10%. Then any bonus of future announcements for goalkeepers.

I'll admit though, I don't watch much french football so not sure if he's any good or not, this thread just got me interested to see of there were any underpriced keepers out there. This seems the one for me.

Compared to other keepers with a similar clean sheet rate he is about half the price

Unai Simon- 46p for example

First clean sheet in the bag already. Plus 12% capp app already. Perhaps I'll buy into a few more keepers.

• @Chickenman I have a few listed more than happy for you to take them off my hands 😬

• Vaclik at Sevilla is my keeper buy for the month. No clean sheet in first game but still 5 to go in the ipd period. Including europa. They look good this season.

I quite like a keeper ipd punt every now and then. Can give a good return

• Two upvotes! (Races to see if he’s up a penny......

....and he’s not) 😂

• I haven't got too involved with keepers before, but noticed Walter Benitez at Nice scored 131 PB at the weekend without getting a clean sheet.
    4 out of 5 of Nice's next games are against teams below them including the bottom two teams (Nimes & Toulose).
    Don't know much about him but at 32p and with a 2p spread thought could be a good shout for IPD and Super Duper Match Day Points or whatever they are being called!
    Thoughts?

• @Ivor-Biscuits you just have to be careful of the spread when getting out as they are very slow to market sell currently

• I think Udinese' 25 y/o Argentinean capped Juan Musso looks good value at 30p, rumours today that Chelsea are interested and at just 6p above his 24p IPO (70p old money) he's very little risk, he could have a significant rise in the summer if there's any truth to the rumours.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.