Unexpected rises thread

• Just a thread that hopefully other traders could shed some light onto some of the rises.

I’ll start with two of my own holds, so does anyone have any info on the rises of Umaro Embalo & Pietro Pellegri?

• Embalo is one of my holds too and I can't find even a single tweet that could've caused his recent rise.

I can only guess it was a single user pumping money into some top youth players that are yet to really take off again.

• @Gregolocky said in Unexpected rises thread:

Just a thread that hopefully other traders could shed some light onto some of the rises.

I’ll start with two of my own holds, so does anyone have any info on the rises of Umaro Embalo & Pietro Pellegri?

Oh, I've gotta theory about Mr Embalo ...

His rises and falls over the past year always seem to be between 15-20p either way ... and never for any particular reason.

I reckon somebody is making alot of money getting in and out ... just wait till he gets to £1.20, sell and wait till he falls to around £1.00, then get back on board. Rinse and repeat.

There are quite a few players like this.

Give it a week or so and he will fall 10p for no reason. Just you wait and see ... 🤔🕵️‍♂️

• @johnboywalker haha is it you? I held him ages ago and had a big gain out of nowhere then realised he'd scored a goal in training or something...

• @Vespasian32 said in Unexpected rises thread:

@johnboywalker haha is it you? I held him ages ago and had a big gain out of nowhere then realised he'd scored a goal in training or something...

Nah, I've been watching from afar, pinching a penny or two everytime he rises ... 🤷‍♂️🤑

I did notice that a few other footie manager hype jobs (Guebbels and Pellegri) have risen considerably today, so I wouldn't be surprised if we have a new mystery investor who has stuck a heep of cash in these guys thinking he has uncovered diamonds that everyone else missed ...

They will soon realise that there is likely a good reason these three youngsters are not getting first team football at their respective clubs, regardless of their wonderkid status on a frickin computer game!!

• @johnboywalker if I hadn't seen a documentary about pellegri I'd assume he's football managers To Madeira... But he is real... So he's more tonton zola moukouko or cherno samba!

• @Vespasian32 tzm was always my first buy, didn't matter who you managed or at what level, the guy was a monster

• @Ddr used to have no signing on fees or agent fees so if your a small club with zero budget you could still sign free transfers. And players seemed willing to play at any level lol. Had no realism but a lot more fun than the game is becoming now!

• @Vespasian32 said in Unexpected rises thread:

@johnboywalker if I hadn't seen a documentary about pellegri I'd assume he's football managers To Madeira... But he is real... So he's more tonton zola moukouko or cherno samba!

Haha Freddy Adu ... 🤴🏿

In fairness to the lads at Footie Manager, they probably get it right more times that they get it wrong. I often look at the player attributes for key PB stats, crossing ability, free kicks, penalties etc.

We both know that the fascination with unproven youth comes and goes on the index ... proven PB players is where the money always ends up eventually.

• @johnboywalker More likely because Augustin may be going out on loan to Leeds

• Charly Musonda anyone? 7p increase.

• @Ollie said in Unexpected rises thread:

@johnboywalker More likely because Augustin may be going out on loan to Leeds

With Monaco, Augustin got a measly total of 52 minutes from 10 games in Ligue 1 this season.

There are several players ahead of these kids in the pecking order at Monaco.

Pellegri and Geubbels have not even been named on the bench this season.

The last bit of first team action Geubbels got was 7 minutes against Lille ages ago on 18/08/2018.

Pellegri last played for Monaco on 25/09/2018 against Angers.

I've translated a recent Roberto Moreno interview where he mentioned them both ...

"We have the situation of Willem Geubbels (18) who trains with us. I hope next week Pietro Pellegri (18) will be with the team too. We have to trust these players. We have these players and we have to give them opportunities, ”

So who knows, they might get a chance? 🤷‍♂️

The question is, are they good enough to take it?

• They were both bought for £20m at around 16, so there's something there in ability

• @johnboywalker said in Unexpected rises thread:

@Gregolocky said in Unexpected rises thread:

Just a thread that hopefully other traders could shed some light onto some of the rises.

Oh, I've gotta theory about Mr Embalo ...

His rises and falls over the past year always seem to be between 15-20p either way ... and never for any particular reason.

I reckon somebody is making alot of money getting in and out ... just wait till he gets to £1.20, sell and wait till he falls to around £1.00, then get back on board. Rinse and repeat.

There are quite a few players like this.

Give it a week or so and he will fall 10p for no reason. Just you wait and see ... 🤔🕵️‍♂️

👏 there it is fella - ‘Mr Indexer’ Just mass dumped a load.

Not a great start to the day but always felt there was something artificial about his rise.

• 0_1580200711607_Screenshot_20200128-083723.png

If I had cash I'd prob look into this as John boy said yesterday he seems to get regularly swept up in a buy frenzy. He's a premium oh ban suk

• @Vespasian32 gotta feel sorry for the guy who obviously didn't see this thread and must've bought into him and started a thread yesterday evening about him

• Some of these regular old chesnuts are just used as "pump & dump" fodder for the organised twitter tipsters & coordinated trading groups.

You can see lots of unexplained, small price rises in such players then at some later point lots of seemingly unrelated twitter accounts pointed out such undervalued players, often with a transfer rumour attached or unexpected team news or injury recovery update which leads to more twitter chat & prices rise again as others buy into the story then finally a large drop as the originators dump their holdings for a tidy profit & move onto the next target.

So not so unexpected as cynical, exploitative & unacceptable fleecing of the sheep by those who should know better. Just look at the latest example of Sander Berge to Man Utd; get a pet "journalist" to report the player arriving at Carrington for a medical & watch the platform meltdown, of course the sheep should be more sensible but those behind such shameless scams are doing real damage to the reputation & future prospects of FI IMHO.

• Fedor Smolov - anyone? Seen mr. Belle buying quite a bit just now

• @Gregolocky said in Unexpected rises thread:

Fedor Smolov - anyone? Seen mr. Belle buying quite a bit just now

celta vigo loan links

• Hoffman having a spike tonight?