Vardy! at last I got one right.

• It's nice to know once in a while you make a right prediction, when you see good value. I went to the London meeting back in February and was chatting to a few of the guys and at the time I mentioned I thought Vardy was an exceptional buy at 74p. My thought process at the time was he would (providing he was fit and well) be going to the world cup and also I felt he has at the age of 31 got one more big move in him, so there will be alot of media speculation around him.

Obviously people are getting on him now over the international break as Kane is injured and he might pick up media attention. Still think there is value in him even at £1.37 so I will definitely be holding onto him.

Just out of interest are they any players you have seen, without the obvious Neymar, Salah etc that have made you good returns.

• Well done mate but I'd suggest from experience that his price will fall once the England friendlies are done? Based on that I'd be prepared to sell and cash in the profit, after all until he's sold it's not a real profit, you can always buy him back again if you think his price will increase pre-WC. But once Kane is fit he'll be back to sitting on the bench and so not making much news - assuming he doesn't bag 4-5 goals during the 2 friendlies :-D

Other traders may disagree?

• @AT10 I see what you are saying and I agree it will probably drop after the freindlies. I can't help thinking he is going to move after the world cup and because he is fairly high profile there is still money in him. Just my gut feeling.

• @Gary2907 there's one I currently have my eye on that I'm absolutely itching to buy but don't have the spare cash until my bonus from the Manchester meet comes in tomorrow.

Sorry not guna mention his name because I don't want his price to rise but to me he is criminally undervalued currently.

• @Stevo Good luck, there are certainly a few out there. All my money is tied up in my portfolio so I'm probably going to wait until after the world cup.

• @Gary2907 He's certainly been linked with a few big clubs over the last couple windows so should be some media speculation over the summer, just wondering if you'd be better to sell after the friendlies and buy back again. But go with your gut ;-)

• @Stevo said in Vardy! at last I got one right.:

@Gary2907 there's one I currently have my eye on that I'm absolutely itching to buy but don't have the spare cash until my bonus from the Manchester meet comes in tomorrow.

Sorry not guna mention his name because I don't want his price to rise but to me he is criminally undervalued currently.

Who was it @Stevo ?

• @Agatello He's not going to tell us until tomorrow unfortunately ...

• @BL__FI @Agatello @Stevo then we can all race to jump on it when he announced 🤣

• @Noirx4 well I'm pretty sure You and @Agatello have sang this guys praises before so I'm sure you probably already have him already anyway. Not saying everyone is guna buy him but a lot of the newbies probably don't know how good he is and I want to keep it that way till I've got the cash to buy him haha.

I doubt he'll rise much till after the world cup so probably be fine but should be a lot higher next season.

• After the world cup... So he's likely Italian or Dutch... Or perhaps just not been picked for the world cup

• @John-Renwick haha maybe I should have kept me mouth shut. It's probably not such a secret or a surprise anyway I'm just quite shocked at the price at which he currently stands.

• @Stevo It's as exciting as an IPO waiting to hear who you're going for :-D

• @AT10 may be you should start guessing and see if you get it right.

• @AT10 I hope it doesn't end up being a big disappointment.

• @Stevo said in Vardy! at last I got one right.:

@AT10 I hope it doesn't end up being a big disappointment.

It feels like I've had half of the index in the past 6 months so yeah probably :-) I have 2 players in mind... but happy to wait and see.

• @AT10 100% the approach I would take, I've already exited my position on Vardy after a decent rise in the last couple of days, once the friendlies are out of the way he's likely to drop and then I can reassess whether he's worth buying again.

I enter and exit positions on players several times and it can be quite profitable if times correctly, potentially a lot more so than just holding onto a player for a longer period of time

• This is how I used to play the index. Buy players a few weeks before they were in demand and then sell on day of game. Obviously sacrificing dividends for capital gain.

It worked an absolute treat when pb came in but just for the 200. Safe 10 percent per trade.

Shifted to more of a media dividend strategy now just because its been such a good money maker with little work.

• @mike778 This is a strategy that I often use, buy into players early who are expected to do well, sell before the game, and hope that they have a stinker, then get back on at the lower price once they have dropped, rinse and repeat.

You do miss the odd dividend but I think the odds are more in your favour betting against the player to do well rather than the other way round

• I've taken a punt on Andrea Belotti despite him not meeting the current desired qualities of CL and WC involvement as not long ago he was being touted as a £100m striker and was £2.88 on the index. He's currently £1.32 after a season where he's struggled with injury but he's still a quality player with a potential big move in him this summer. Scored last weekend. Good value i think.........

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.