Just started FI

• @MitchFI said in Just started FI:

@Tom77 hi tom, I have only heard about these things. Trying to improve my knowledge on them as we speak so any little pointers you have on them would be great.

I joined as I love football and I am keen to start investing so the logical way forward was to delve into football index.

https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/5017/all-things-football-index/2

• @NewUser553573 RE: MB/PB/IPD

We've had a big PB dividend increase, meanwhile the old MB stalwarts have had life made a bit harder.

The PB increases caused the top PB players to spike but they still have loads of room for growth although it's likely to be slow and steady rather than huge spikes. That said, a change in a players circumstances that may boost their PB output will still cause a spike, but this will not typically be the case for an elite player.

PB is the biggest market driver. Learn the PB matrix. It's there in the academy page under match day dividends and it shows you how points are accrued. The safest money is in the very best PB players because their underlying value is greater than that of other players and wont be stripped away in a stroke, making them bullet proof by comparison to a player who's price is built on hype. That said people have made a killing on hype.

Theres some belief that MB will receive a boost in the summer. This will boost MB players, the biggest by a mile being Paul Pogba, albeit his prowess may be reduced if he moves away from the EPL. My thoughts on MB are that it is the cause for the premium attached to many EPL players because MB rankings are only taken from UK outlets. MB eligibility has, in the last year, broadened from top 200 only, to all near enough 4000 players on the index which, for me, strips away the EPL premium, reflected in the fact that I now hold only 2 EPL players. If MB is revamped, this may or may not restore EPL players to their pedestal.

IPD's are accrued for G&A on a player for the first 30 days of holding. GK's get them for clean sheets. These are 1p per G/A for fwds/mids, 1p per assist for defs/GK's and 2p a goal gks/defs. On top players, view this as a nice introductory bonus. On very cheap players there is the chance to make money on them by flipping or refreshing them every 30 days in the hope that their IPD output outweighs the 2% commission in the flip. Not for me. I'd sooner harvest the IPD's for the 30 days then continue to hold the cheap player till his next brace or whatever and whilst not receiving IPD's just sell on what will very likely be a spike and perhaps move to another IPD player on a dip/flat line rather than a spike. I would select this next player based largely on fixture research

I suggest you do not even begin to contemplate SMDD's

All the best

• Dont listen to everything people tell you do your own research, some of my best trades have been when ive gone against what people have strongly advised against. Feels like people out there may have been burnt by a player and have very strong opinions against them. Pogba for one gets a lot of hate, im not advising you to purchase but this is an example.

• Don’t rise to @Ericali 😂

• Hi mate,

Plenty of free tools out there to help foot apps
    Sofascore
    Fotmob
    Whoscored
    Etc...to find fixtures players,

Indexgain is free for information (basic)
    Pay for advanced

YouTube :- Jonathon Quinn, F.I.G football index guide there are plenty of others but offer great basic knowledge to help get you going and understanding the platform..

Footy index scout, is free where you can find out players PB and MB stats and dividend returns.
    And wether matches are bronze,silver,gold..

Watch strategies I.e :- transfers,pb,mb,young players,injured..European games, champions league and 2020 Euros are around the corner.

Use the forum to ask and to find info...I'm still learning after 9 months.

Enjoy the ride...

• Probably already been said but this is a great place to start:

https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/5771/football-index-forum-master-thread

Patients is very important, all players rise and fall and it's about not panicking when a player is in the red.

Try to have a varied portfolio and just because someone is a great players IRL doesn't always mean he is worth investing in. Kante for example.

Don't get involved in IPO's they are a nightmare

And finally, in the words of everyone's favourite Doctor:

alt text

• Don’t overtrade. Don’t panic sell. Don’t buy on the back of a big rise. Don’t get involved in IPO’s.

Have patience. Read everything on the forum. Try to keep deposits to a minimum until you’re sure on how the market moves. Always think in percent not pounds. Never be afraid to ask for advice on here, but your absolute top priority should be to enjoy the ride 👍 welcome to FI.

• @BeanDrown said in Just started FI:

Don’t overtrade. Don’t panic sell. Don’t buy on the back of a big rise.....

These were my biggest mistakes early on, and I am still occasionally guilty of a bit of FOMO.
    7-8 months in, hooked and learning all the time.
    Use the forum, it is brilliant, so many people willing to help and give advice.

• @Ivor-Biscuits hello mate, is your name in reference to Igor Bišćan? Apologies if it isn't, just with the career Igor had, I wouldn't want him disrespected with incorrect spelling of his forename on the FI forum.

• @JLB_Jeff Hi mate, yes in honour of the legendary Anfield cult hero. An intentional mis-spelling, no disrespect to the great man intended, just a stupid name me and my brother used to call him (no idea why).

• The community is awash with good information that will help you prosper. However there is also much information of folk wanting to draw money into their own portfolios. A good tip is any information that contains rocket emojis or trophy emojis is to be taken with a huge pinch of salt. Here's some information I found earlier...

Top 200
    Top Risers - 0
    Top 3 finish - 4

Squad List
    Top Risers - 53 🏆
    Top 3 finish - 102

• @Dalien-Smith 🤣

• @MitchFI said in Just started FI:

Evening,

I am new to FI and just looking for some general tips and advice to start with - advice you may not have got when you started but wish you did.

Thanks, in advance.

"The one who follows the crowd, will usually go no further than the crowd." - Albert Einstein

^^^
    Great little bit of advice from the great man. It applies to football index too.

Don't follow - lead. 👍

• @Ericali said in Just started FI:

@MitchFI said in Just started FI:

Evening,

I am new to FI and just looking for some general tips and advice to start with - advice you may not have got when you started but wish you did.

Thanks, in advance.

"The one who follows the crowd, will usually go no further than the crowd." - Albert Einstein

^^^
    Great little bit of advice from the great man. It applies to football index too.

Don't follow - lead. 👍

Who did you follow into Timothy Chandler?🤣🤣 I followed you!🤣🤣

• @Dan-w 😉

I meant in terms of strategies & looking for the next trend rather than the current one....

Mr Chandler could be a potential "cheat code" as long as he plays RW while claiming the clean sheet bonus & getting the IPD guys 2p every goal rather than 1p. 💰👍

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.