Players falling below IPO price

• Just an observation. I was scanning the lower end of the index and noticed a lad called Alex berrengauer (I think thats spelled right) who plays for Torino. I looked at his graph and he seems to have dropped quite a lot below his IPO price which appears to have been in the last month.

Not sure if this is happening across the board now but the top 200 still seems littered with players who IPOd way too high and have been there ever since at the same price.

• Looks like his IPO was 50p and current price is 55p, he has fallen quite a bit but someone still holds approx 500 futures from the look of things

• @Ermejo is the line on the graph not the IPO amount? Sorry i must not have looked properly but based on the graph it looked as though he's gone well below his original price.

• Good question, i have also been wondering this.

• @SMacFI well it's a straight line right across up until a few days ago and then it just drops. Based on that there never was an increase so not sure how the graphs work. Not inspected any others but just made me wonder.

• You're on the one-month graph mate - go to the one-year graph and you'll see his 50p IPO 👍

• Cant think of other examples of the top of my head but am sure i have seen graphs where players have dropped below the straight line (i am guessing entry IPO point) of the year graph.

• @BL__FI oh yeah. Cheers mate that makes more sense. Doh!

• Players can only drop below their IPO price if there's a lot of instant sells that drives the price lower than their IPO price. Market sells won't have the same effect

As for whether players have IPO's way too high yes there's plenty of them mostly their prices don't go anywhere cos no one buys them just check the number of Squad players at 30p/40p/50p/etc . Tbh FI should de-list these players maybe re-list them at a lower price later

• @Dave-C But how could more shares be instant sold than were originally bought? The IPO price is the baseline and the price rises from there based on how many shares are bought, and drops again if some are sold, right? So surely if everyone who bought shares then instant sold all their shares the price would go back to IPO level, but not below ...

• @BL__FI I don't know the details of how they can fall below but Hamsik is an example of a player with a lower value than his IPO

• @James This is a common misreading of the graph - it's not the horizontal green line that gives you the IPO for players who've been around a long time, it's the bottom of the vertical blue line ( their "low" price). I'm pretty sure Hamsik dates from the days when all players IPOd at 25p, so he's still way above that.

• @BL__FI said in Players falling below IPO price:

@James This is a common misreading of the graph - it's not the horizontal green line that gives you the IPO for players who've been around a long time, it's the bottom of the vertical blue line ( their "low" price). I'm pretty sure Hamsik dates from the days when all players IPOd at 25p, so he's still way above that.

Oh i see!! That's not clear at all!
    In that case, it would be nice to have an option to view further back than 1 year.

• Players cannot go below their IPO, FI mentioned that if nobody bought them they could then drop but to date it never happened
    There’s a few on the top 200 due to their high IPO, Milner being the most notable case

• They can drop below IPO price. If there is only a few futures of that player owned then they drop by more than 1p for every 100 sold . so the reason those high priced players have never dropped is that no-one has ever bought them so no-one has ever sold them. Whereas as an example as to what might have happened with the other players is 500 bought on IPO day price up 5p then 50 sold as its a large portion of the futures created price drops by 1p over time another 300 sold as the player offers little value the player might drop well below IPO price.

• @BL__FI yep I've been misreading this all along too!! Great post mate thank you.

I knew the figure I was getting from the graph for IPO price was wrong, didn't know why but thought the graph was broken somehow... Either that or it was showing the first price most people saw when spamming refresh on 9 devices AMMARIGHT GUYS?! *ducks for cover

• @NewUser25953
    Can’t follow your logic nor your maths, how can futures not owned by anybody be sold to cause a drop in price?
    If a player starts at £1 and 500 futures are bought, he will go up to £1.05, when they are sold they go back to £1 and then there are no more future to be sold to cause a drop in price, hope the example is clear enough?
    Players CANNOT fall below IPO, it’s simply impossible unless manually done by FI which would only do so if no futures are being held by investors

• @Ermejo see I Thot this is how it worked. Wasn't 100% sure tho.

• Players can fall below IPO price because the 100 futures for a 1p price change doesn't always apply

FI explained recently (possibly at one of the trader meets) that at times of high activity prices can jump up or down at a quicker rate than 100 futures for 1p

So if there's a dump of futures in a player trading near their IPO price they can end up below that IPO price

• @Ermejo yeah this is incorrect. If there are a small number of futures owned it takes less than 100 futures for the price to drop. There are many many examples on the index of players below IPO price.