Foden rise a matter of time?

• So I’ve been thinking about how to spot opportunities based on how the market has behaved recently.

Sancho has exploded to nearly £9.50, 16/17 year old IPO youngsters with no real pedigree yet fly... stands to reason eyes must get lazy and relative bargains await.

My eyes are firmly fixed on Foden.

• 19, same age as Sancho
    • Is massively hyped, everyone is waiting for him to break through
    • Remarkably is now cheaper than Bellingham(!)
    • His PB scores when he plays are generally 150+
    • City have a huge fixture list coming up. The league is gone and top 4 almost certain. Expecting Pep to focus on cups/CL and use squad for PL.
    • With Silva leaving end of season and Fodenlined up as his replacement, bedding him in from now makes sense
    • Long shot admittedly but a good run of league form and could be the Euro 2020 wildcard for Southgate

Basically I see little risk here and once this train leaves the station after a couple of starts, a goal or a big P haul I expect it to fly up pretty quickly. DYOR of course, I’ve bought 300.

• @SIFI In theory yes. The problem, for me, is I don't trust Pep not to go and out sign a David Silva replacement in the summer leaving Foden as a bit part player again next season.

• Foden could be the best u'21 player I've seen in recent times, however you will have to have such patience with him I think. Something that I don't have, think you may still be looking at another 2 years before he is a city regular. Talent is obvious but I think city may have a big overhaul this summer

• In theory but could be next season which is an age away in index terms.

• Unfortunately, Pep barely plays him and he will be an incredibly frustrating hold. He should be playing but he is constantly being held back.

• @SIFI

I just don't see where he fits in to that team on a regular basis. KDB, Sterling, Rodri, Mahrez, Bernardo Silva and Gundogan are all ahead of him in the pecking order.

Pep loves to rotate, yet this kid has only been given 2 starts this season and is only really trusted in cup games.

He has the potential to be one of the best players in the world over the next ten years and his current price reflects that, yet he has remained around £3.63 for the past 6 months.

Absolutely no way would I have over £1000 tied up, potentially stagnating for another 6 months, whilst the rest of the platform is booming.

I think in 5 years time, Foden will speak kindly about how his time under Pep was influential in his learning and development.

But in 5 years time, I'll probably be long gone from this platform and sailing the high seas on my new yacht, the 'FI Destroyer'!! 🤑🤷‍♂️

• Foden has got to leave City, it's as simple as that.

19 is not that young in football (Michael Owen was a revelation at 17) but because of Pep's apparently stubbornness, Foden is not going to feature at the Euros.
    I honestly think if Foden has played in more games, City would not be 22 points behind Liverpool. But Pep has no balls. There is managing a player and nurturing him, and then there is blindly ignoring him. Pep has done the latter.
    The league is over so if Foden is Silva's replacement then he should play every league game now.
    If he doesn't, I'd be seeking a move in the summer for guaranteed football. It isn't fair on the kid (or indeed England if you are a fan)

• @ScouseSte

Agree and that’s what my position is largely based on.

It’s somewhat speculation but with the main focus on a cup treble, the league is largely secondary as a focus so I am expecting PF to start quite a few games. One or two big scores (with a goal thrown in) and I would expect a rise to £5ish pretty quickly (look at CHO, Grealish, Mount etc.)

If he doesn’t play, speculation will rise as to if he will ever play. Would expect as he turns 20 at the end of the season if he’s still not sure of minutes he will push for a loan or transfer.

Fully appreciate and acknowledge the risk points made by others. It’s a calculated gamble on my behalf but his rise is inevitable, it’s just when it occurs.

• @SIFI said in Foden rise a matter of time?:

@ScouseSte

It’s somewhat speculation but with the main focus on a cup treble, the league is largely secondary as a focus so I am expecting PF to start quite a few games. One or two big scores (with a goal thrown in) and I would expect a rise to £5ish pretty quickly (look at CHO, Grealish, Mount etc.)

If he doesn’t play, speculation will rise as to if he will ever play. Would expect as he turns 20 at the end of the season if he’s still not sure of minutes he will push for a loan or transfer.

Fully appreciate and acknowledge the risk points made by others. It’s a calculated gamble on my behalf but his rise is inevitable, it’s just when it occurs.

Foden has already had that type of rise regards to mount/cho. Grealish at £5 is based on a move to Utd.

Foden is firmly in the stagnant category.

You sound like you want conformation that he is a good hold but I don’t think you will get it.

• @SIFI I've held Foden for about 10 months since £2.41, waiting for the break through which 'might' happen next season with Silva leaving but like others have said as much as Pep says he is amazing and one of the best he has ever worked with...he may go and buy a replacement as oppose to putting his money on Foden. Foden first choice would be awesome as he is awesome. England call up aswell for the future but...
    Will I continue to hold...yes.
    Would I buy now...no.

• @Tom77 Not looking for anything. To me this forum is a resource of opinions and insights. I appreciate and understand all the wary comments, it’s all about judging risk and short/long term opportunity and that’s a subjective thing.

No issues with those who disagree/feel differently so let’s not make this an emotional thing eh. 👍

• @SIFI

From listening to Talksport and other phone ins, the City fans are crying out for Foden to start.

If he isn't involved in premier league games now, then to me that is a massive statement from Pep.
    I also think it's a mistake because Foden will have to leave. That's great for holders (MB) but I'd genuinely feel sorry for the lad. Not being given a fair crack of the whip for his home town club.

And I've said it before but having a local lad in your side is often a recipe for success, especially if they are as talented as Foden. Look at TAA for example, Steven Gerrard etc.

The connection between club and fans is massively enhanced when your manager from abroad puts huge faith in kids from your own neck of the woods. It's not solely about performance on the pitch (although Foden has shined almost every time he's played, so to still be relatively unused is even more bizarre).

I'd go so far as to say City's poor gate numbers would maybe increase if Foden was a regular starter. Morepride in having a local representative in a team of millionaires. Again, look at the attendance for Liverpool vs Shrewsbury in the 4th round of the FA Cup.
    Yes ticket prices were reduced but everyone knew it was essentially an under 19's team....and it was sold out!! That's the level of pride and interest fans have in local talent breaking through, knowing some of these kids will get a chance under Klopp.

I think Pep has seriously mismanaged Foden this season and I hope the young kid leaves, for the sake of his own career if nothing else.

• @SIFI he’s been on my watch list for awhile now and I’m just biding my time before I go in on him ahead of next season. I can see my entry point around euro squad announcement ( cause he won’t be in it ) where I’ll also be selling some euro holds 👍🏻

• @Tom77 said in Foden rise a matter of time?:

@SIFI said in Foden rise a matter of time?:

@ScouseSte

Foden has already had that type of rise regards to mount/cho. Grealish at £5 is based on a move to Utd.

You sound like you want conformation that he is a good hold but I don’t think you will get it.

I think he's a GREAT hold, based on the excessive rises of Bellingham etc. alone!
    Great hold if you are a patient longterm trader like me, but not great if you trade daily/weekly.

I'd estimate he will be around £6.50-£7 this time next year. That will do me. But a more active trader will make far more dipping in and out elsewhere

• @ScouseSte said in Foden rise a matter of time?:

@Tom77 said in Foden rise a matter of time?:

@ScouseSte

I think he's a GREAT hold, based on the excessive rises of Bellingham etc. alone!
    Great hold if you are a patient longterm trader like me, but not great if you trade daily/weekly.

I'd estimate he will be around £6.50-£7 this time next year. That will do me. But a more active trader will make far more dipping in and out elsewhere

I know he is a good hold long term as I said in my first post, next season might be his year.
    The post implies he is due a rise now which I see no basis for.
    From now and and till next season you could make 100% roi on other players and trends.

@SIFI

From listening to Talksport and other phone ins, the City fans are crying out for Foden to start.

If he isn't involved in premier league games now, then to me that is a massive statement from Pep.
    I also think it's a mistake because Foden will have to leave. That's great for holders (MB) but I'd genuinely feel sorry for the lad. Not being given a fair crack of the whip for his home town club.

And I've said it before but having a local lad in your side is often a recipe for success, especially if they are as talented as Foden. Look at TAA for example, Steven Gerrard etc.

The connection between club and fans is massively enhanced when your manager from abroad puts huge faith in kids from your own neck of the woods. It's not solely about performance on the pitch (although Foden has shined almost every time he's played, so to still be relatively unused is even more bizarre).

I'd go so far as to say City's poor gate numbers would maybe increase if Foden was a regular starter. Morepride in having a local representative in a team of millionaires. Again, look at the attendance for Liverpool vs Shrewsbury in the 4th round of the FA Cup.
    Yes ticket prices were reduced but everyone knew it was essentially an under 19's team....and it was sold out!! That's the level of pride and interest fans have in local talent breaking through, knowing some of these kids will get a chance under Klopp.

I think Pep has seriously mismanaged Foden this season and I hope the young kid leaves, for the sake of his own career if nothing else.

When Liverpool brought through Gerrard and TAA they weren't title challengers, and TAA played because he was Liverpool's best RB not cause he was local, the fact he is local is a bonus. City win the league 2 seasons in a row without playing Foden and that's fine, but now they haven't won the league it's because Foden isn't playing? I guarantee you if you offered City fans to win the league and not play Foden or finish 4th but Foden plays every game, we all know which they would choose. Right now Foden is not in the top 4/5 of City's midfield, why should they play him if he's not good enough to start? Cause he's local? Do you think Aguero/Otamendi/Fernandinho/Rodri etc will put more effort in and play better cause they have a 19 year old from Manchester playing with them? No chance

• @Tom77 said in Foden rise a matter of time?:

@ScouseSte said in Foden rise a matter of time?:

@Tom77 said in Foden rise a matter of time?:

@ScouseSte

I know he is a good hold long term as I said in my first post, next season might be his year.
    The post implies he is due a rise now which I see no basis for.
    From now and and till next season you could make 100% roi on other players and trends.

I think there is the potential for a decent rise IF he begins to start premier league games now.
    People will see it as a sign that he's being blooded for next season and likely pile in (you know how traders like to over react! 😂).

Personally, I see Pep being a stubborn prick and Foden still occupies the bench.

At the end of the season, the pundits will analyse where City have fallen short and this will be a factor. Then the inevitable transfer suggestions will arise. There could be some tasty MB to come if this happens, plus the ridiculously high cap app if the latest indications are anything to go by!

A lot of Ifs and Buts there of course. Either way, Foden is the ISA in my portfolio right now. Very safe, won't lose value and will gain slightly under current conditions.
    When that changes though, I don't want to be the one who sold and missed out

No offence Ste, but I think I'll trust Peps judgement ahead of yours!! 😆

City won't sell him and will value Foden at the top end of the market, based on potential, 80+ million.

Most clubs would hesitate to pay that for an unproven wonderkid ...

If one of the best managers in the world thinks Foden isn't yet ready for the big time, then I'd be inclined to agree.

He will remain at City and his playing time will gradually increase next season. Zzzzzz 😴

• @ChazFI123 said in Foden rise a matter of time?:

@ScouseSte said in Foden rise a matter of time?:

@SIFI

When Liverpool brought through Gerrard and TAA they weren't title challengers, and TAA played because he was Liverpool's best RB not cause he was local, the fact he is local is a bonus. City win the league 2 seasons in a row without playing Foden and that's fine, but now they haven't won the league it's because Foden isn't playing? I guarantee you if you offered City fans to win the league and not play Foden or finish 4th but Foden plays every game, we all know which they would choose. Right now Foden is not in the top 4/5 of City's midfield, why should they play him if he's not good enough to start? Cause he's local? Do you think Aguero/Otamendi/Fernandinho/Rodri etc will put more effort in and play better cause they have a 19 year old from Manchester playing with them? No chance

Well obviously if you offer fans a choice like that then of course they'd take it Chaz durrrhh! 😂.

Pep has rotated a lot this season yet "the best player he's seen" (his own words ) hasn't has a look in. So who knows where city would be if they did start him?
    I'd have certainly put him in against us, but as @johnboywalker says, Pep knows best 😉

• @ScouseSte I think that’s probably the best way to describe my motivation with Foden - The FI ISA hold.

It’s all about the risk profile in your port. If Foden makes up 20% of my pot and I’m confident he’ll double in value in 12-24 months. I think that’s perfectly sensible. If you put all your capital into players chasing a rise tomorrow you may need up with big holds in players you can’t shift without IS. I don’t have the time to react to the volatile end of the FI market so I generally like to put money in players I know (within reason) are only going in one direction.

There are other players who could fill this ‘safe’ hold (everyone has an opinion) but I think Foden is the right choice and now is the time to grab on as once he breaks that £4 mental barrier I think it’ll move quickly.

If others disagree fair enough and good luck to you!