Tipping / FI scouting sites - anyone use these?

• Does anyone on here using any of the tipping / FI scouting sites like Football Index Trader or Football Index Club?

I’d be interested to know if you think these have helped you to make better trading decisions, whether they are value for money and which one/s you’d recommend?

• Absolutely not.

• That’s a strong response Tom, take it you’re not a fan?!

I just wondered if there was some merit in them for people who don’t have time or can’t be arsed to do their own research?

• @MDJ problem with the tipsters is that its hard to pick out pump and dumps over genuine tips. By the time youve seen the tip and went and done your own research the players price has already inflated and may not represent value for money anymore, if you jump in without doing your research you may get in sooner but you risk getting burned

• It seems far more likely these sites invest in players than advertise them as good investments. Same as tipsters/advisors in the stock market.

Why would anyone give away a commercial edge for a small fee when they can make far more trading the information?

Same goes for any player pumpers on here or twitter, including myself!

• @MDJ I only use footy index scout, and that’s for looking at PB scores/averages and how long has it been since they’ve won PB/MB.

From what I hear index gain is nice and has more features than footy index scout, but not worth the monthly subscription imo. If you’re thorough and efficient then footy index scout is more than enough.

As for tipsters, I stay well away from them. Anytime I need advice on a player, people on the forum are usually very helpful and give non bias feedback

• @MDJ there are few on twitter and here I follow based on previous good “tips”; but I always (well now) no my own research and if I’ve missed the rise I add to the watch list and monitor.

The main issue is unless you’re one of the first in after the “tipster” you always run the risk of getting burnt imo

• @Andy said in Tipping / FI scouting sites - anyone use these?:

@MDJ I only use footy index scout, and that’s for looking at PB scores/averages and how long has it been since they’ve won PB/MB.

From what I hear index gain is nice and has more features than footy index scout, but not worth the monthly subscription imo. If you’re thorough and efficient then footy index scout is more than enough.

As for tipsters, I stay well away from them. Anytime I need advice on a player, people on the forum are usually very helpful and give non bias feedback

Thats not what she means. Its traders offering tips and tipping channels that @MDJ is referring to

• I guess the word ‘tipster’ perhaps wasn’t the right one to use. I mean the people who put out well researched market analysis for a small fee, not the free-for-all pump and dump merchants on Twitter.

I can see how this might work for someone without the time to sift through research so I wondered if anyone had experience of the likes of Football Index Club or Football Index Trader, who seem to be the main two sites offering this at the moment.

• Trading on FI without utilizing Index Gain is a massive disadvantage..Nothing more to add :)

• @MDJ

There's plenty of gems on this forum and you don't have to pay anyone to use it.

You also get the benefits of people saying why the tips are bad, which often gives you more info to go on. I feel like this is probably something missing from tipster sites.

• @MDJ my opinion is that they have very little to offer an experienced trader which I know you are. I have dabbled but am unlikely to bother in the future.

I suppose there will be strategies that benefit from them more than mine does, but I ask myself how do I make money on FI. I make it through cap app and through dividends. I aim to make cap app by buying players who will have an increased possibility of winning dividends, so I basically only need to understand how dividends work, which I do.

If a players circumstances change in a way which will give them an increased chance of winning dividends, they will see significant rises in their share price. This basically boils down to a few things. Knowing and understanding the trend cycle is a biggie. I dont think I need indexgain or anything else for this. Pre-empting increases
    in a players amount of PB playing time is another. The other biggie is pre-empting a run at MB dividends.

These circumstances will almost always bring about cap app even if the divs dont arrive. This is how I play the cap app game, and I dont need indexgain for that either. I just look at fixtures, and real world events.

When it comes to actually winning dividends I will sometimes consult FIS but that is as far as it goes in terms of apps directly designed for FI traders. One thing I would really reccomend is sofascore. I presume you know about this, but I use this as a big part of my decision making process. This provides me with a break down of a players in game stats. I use it in tandem with resources like whoscored and transfermarkt in order to assess a players strengths, and flashscore for fixture research. If a player has a PB friendly game and a run of easy fixtures, that's a player I want to buy.

Generally this has helped me to make very good decisions and forces me to actually engage my brain rather than just blindly following pumps. If a tipster is pumping a player it's only because they want your money to boost their port. By the time you've made your own assessment, which is absolutely essential, you've missed the rise.

I say that making your own assessment is essential because more often than not, the player at the top of the trending list has absolutely nothing tangible to explain the mass buy up. At time of writing that player is Wilder Cartagena, a 4 times capped Peruvian defensive midfielder, currently in the Argentine premier league with Godoy Cruz, although from what I can find, he is yet to actually get on the pitch for them. Nonetheless hes nearly 50% more expensive now than he was 24 hours ago

• @MDJ said in Tipping / FI scouting sites - anyone use these?:

That’s a strong response Tom, take it you’re not a fan?!

I just wondered if there was some merit in them for people who don’t have time or can’t be arsed to do their own research?

Someone can package it up all they want it’s just a fancy pump.
    Just my opinion.

• Thanks all.

My reason for asking is that I’m starting to think what to do after my ‘3 funds challenge’ is over. I could just trade normally but I’ve quite enjoyed pushing myself to go with players I wouldn’t normally consider.

With that in mind, I’m tempted to go for a 3 way split again but this time split between -

• my own research/gut feeling buys
    • a paid-for tipster service
    • an unnamed youth scout who is happy to give my some free tips

So with that in mind, I was trying to work out if anyone would recommend any specific tipping sites but I guess the answer is not 😂

• @MDJ I'd actually quite like to see that challenge. Would be interesting to see how a paid-for service stacks up against your own research. I've not used any but, if I did, the one I would be most tempted by would be Football Index Trader.
    I think most people would like to see how that pans out - will either show a good tipping service to be worth it or finally proof what a lot of people believe and they're not actually worth it.

• I’d really like to see how many tipsters actually predict big risers other than youth players - that would be a skill.

• @Tom77 i would imagine once they get a big enough following it will become a naturally self fulfilling tip. Basically just a pump where people are paying to listen so more easily convinced. The pump may be honest and good but the very people they are pumping the players to are the ones that raise the price and some others may notice and blindly jump on too.

• @Black-wolf said in Tipping / FI scouting sites - anyone use these?:

@Tom77 i would imagine once they get a big enough following it will become a naturally self fulfilling tip. Basically just a pump where people are paying to listen so more easily convinced. The pump may be honest and good but the very people they are pumping the players to are the ones that raise the price and some others may notice and blindly jump on too.

It happens now mate, a few on twitter with well over 1000 followers do it.

• @Black-wolf said in Tipping / FI scouting sites - anyone use these?:

@Tom77 i would imagine once they get a big enough following it will become a naturally self fulfilling tip. Basically just a pump where people are paying to listen so more easily convinced. The pump may be honest and good but the very people they are pumping the players to are the ones that raise the price and some others may notice and blindly jump on too.

It's kind of the opposite of horse racing tipping, in horse racing the more followers you have the worse the price you'll get on a horse and the horse still has to win which you have no control over. Whereas in theory on FI if you get a big enough following his price will rise just by everyone following your advice

• I'm a signed up member of Football Index Trader and highly recommend a subscription.

I am time limited and cannot spend hours researching players across all the European Leagues.

FIT spends hours researching and scouting players and relays all his findings,to members with honest opinions.

The site is not a tipping service. FIT does,not tell you who to buy or not to buy. For me it's more of a information providing service, provided by someone who has spent hours researching players in actual games and who gives an honest opinion backed up with facts.

It is then upto yourself how you use that information.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.