The Mythical Matrix review (original thread title restored 😜)

• At some point in the future, there will likely be a matrix review. Inaccurate crosses are too generously rewarded, and Game Winning Goal gives too many extra points to a player who may have only scored the first in a 6-0 thrashing.
    These are just two slight annoyances of the current PB scoring system, which we all know could be improved slightly.

The last PB matrix review was began with a series of surveys sent to traders across a period of a few weeks, followed by weeks of advance notice that an announcement would be made, followed by the announcement and then the actual date the changes went live.

We have just been given a survey regarding MB, so it is extremely likely that changes to how media is reported/scored will be implemented perhaps in time for the start of next season.
    This will significantly change our current "bets", so I am very much of the opinion that a PB matrix review will not take place until around 2021. It would surely be unjustifiable to move the goalposts so much in one hit, and even FI aren't stupid enough to do that! Are they? πŸ˜‚.

Some traders are insinuating that a PB matrix change is almost certainly happening soon, and using this fake news (which is all it is - there has been zero mention of any such review by FI management) to cast doubt over certain investments and scaremonger traders into selling up.
    As a result, these easily-influenced traders have lost a lot of money from instant-selling (their choice, I know) but have also missed out on dividends too, from PERFECTLY SOLID HOLDS. And those dividends are going to keep on rolling in, as long as the players in question continue to excel - what's more, even WITH a matrix change, who is to say the new version wouldn't benefit these players even MORE, in perhaps a different area of their game (ie assists could score almost as much as a goal)?

The worst thing about FI is the relative ease with which it is to spread fear and influence behaviour.
    And what's even worse is when traders do it behind the phony veil of "I just don't want other traders to get burnt!" Yeaaaa right! Let's call out bullshit when we see it folks - isn't it funny how the "impending matrix review" only gets shoehorned in on threads featuring Trent Alexander-Arnold or Tony Kroos? Especially after they win PB.
    I notice Bruno Fernandes lost possession 25 times yesterday! He will be punished for that under this mythical new matrix coming soon, so probably best get instant selling everyone yea? He will be Β£2.50 by Christmas πŸ˜„.

• Been saying it for ages that the last review was telegraphed months in advance with clear signposts... Just as they are doing for mb.

I agree totally... Any change to PB matrix will be signified well in advance. Its unlikely to be this year having had one and so much else in the pipeline... Order books, nasdaq, ipo auctions.. Expansion, mb changes...

You are also right that change to matrix could benefit those already benefitting.

I've also seen some slippery forum members pretend the promised 'dividend review' somehow eludes to the matrix πŸ˜‚ it clearly doesn't
    .. The wording and context was specifically in line with review the dividend policy (across all dividends).. To make sure the prizes keep up with growth etc.

• Even in twitter our resident 'friend' is ridiculed for his agenda

0_1582590040869_Screenshot_20200225-002010.png

• @Vespasian32 shame the little snake has blocked me on twitter getting sick to the back teeth of the trump up pillock scare mongering.

Whilst I said many time he has some very valid points he’s lost respect from many from his panto villain bullshit.

And goes very quite when his star player Maja drops!

Hopefully everyday more people will realise what he’s really about.

As for the other forum members that mention a potential review at least are generally balanced in their posts.

• @ScouseSte It's all noise - I'd say to anyone pay no attention to the noise. By all means read different views and sit back and form your own judgement but don't listen to certain people just cos they shout the loudest.
    It's sad to say but the forum has become about he who shouts loudest and a few egos taking over. Some very good traders with balanced views have been contributing less and less - I'm sure through becoming sick and tired of the way the forum has gone.
    Everybody has an agenda but some are shouting louder and pushing more - the smartest traders don't need to shout non-stop, they quietly go about their business and don't feel the need to brag non-stop. Stay smart people, be aware of potential changes but draw your own conclusion - the most profitable trades can often be through doing the opposite to everyone else.
    P.S. As for game winning goal it will never go imo. It is the equivalent of 0 on a roulette wheel and is FI's edge - they need that element of randomness to prevent things becoming too predictable.

• @janner73

I love the game winning goal personally, but ONLY IF IT'S THE GAME WINNING GOAL.
    The points should be added at the end, like a clean sheet, if it's 1-0 or 2-1 or 3-2 etc. Not for the third goal in a 5-1 thrashing for example. Edit: assuming it had been 1-1 at some point.

But to be honest mate, I'm not bothered if it stays the same. They are the current rules and I play the hand I'm dealt, as do the majority of traders, without fuss.
    When I'm playing poker, I don't cry that a pair of Aces are unfairly scored higher than a pair of 2's and try and convince the rest of the table to change the rules because I don't have aces. 😎

• @janner73
    Eric is just like The Daily Express.
    Spouts the same shit over and over again, spunks his load over Man U multiple times a day, is despised by most yet can't be completely ignored or removed from the game, unfortunately.

• @dean73 lol! now come on I never mentioned any names πŸ˜‰

• @dean73 hahaha a cutting yet fairly accurate analysis πŸ˜‚

• I thought FI had previously said that both the scoring matrix and the level of dividends would continue to be reviewed on an annual basis? I have been through a few old Forum topics but can't find anything overly helpful to confirm. I doubt they'll be widespread changes, with MB getting more detailed attention instead, but minor tweaks must be a possibility.

• @Mintyfresh The actual wording was a "dividend review". This may or may not include a matrix review but the matrix has never specifically been referred to by FI.

• Gents,

We are all here to share opinions about the Football Index. That is the purpose of the forum.

Nobody knows for certain how the Index will evolve. I merely gave my perspective on how I see things playing out in the future. I feel my opinion is based in reality and formed from my own experiences on the platform and analysing all the available evidence.

Being vocal with my opinion seems to annoy a few of you, so I'll tell you what, I won't mention it again, as I don't want to be accused of scaremongering or causing damage to your holds.

It's nothing personal, so let's not make it personal by namecalling, ridiculing and belittling other users.

All the best for the future lads. πŸ‘

• @Mintyfresh said in Mythical Matrix review:

I thought FI had previously said that both the scoring matrix and the level of dividends would continue to be reviewed on an annual basis? I have been through a few old Forum topics but can't find anything overly helpful to confirm. I doubt they'll be widespread changes, with MB getting more detailed attention instead, but minor tweaks must be a possibility.

This highlights the problems of irresponsible traders peddling assumptions as if they were facts - you probably thought FI said there would be an annual matrix review because that is what has been implied at every opportunity by certain unscrupulous characters.

Throw enough mud and some will stick.

However there could still be a PB matrix review before next season, it's not completely out of the question. Very unrealistic I'd say though. If FI tweak too much too regularly, big fish will swim away. MB looks to be the big change for next season, based on the evidence (Media Buzz survey)

• @johnboywalker I don't think you were particularly being alluded to but if you felt guilty πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• @johnboywalker Don't think anyone was referring to you.
    Balanced constructive discussion is welcome. It's the people pushing certain things as a given constantly. There are multiple possible outcomes and, as we all know, FI can be extremely unpredictable in what they will do.
    A matrix review IS possible and I don't think anyone has argued there definitely wont be a review. There are, on the otherhand, those implying it's guaranteed and dismissing any other discussion points.

• @janner73 said in Mythical Matrix review:

@ScouseSte It's all noise - I'd say to anyone pay no attention to the noise. By all means read different views and sit back and form your own judgement but don't listen to certain people just cos they shout the loudest.
    It's sad to say but the forum has become about he who shouts loudest and a few egos taking over. Some very good traders with balanced views have been contributing less and less - I'm sure through becoming sick and tired of the way the forum has gone.
    Everybody has an agenda but some are shouting louder and pushing more - the smartest traders don't need to shout non-stop, they quietly go about their business and don't feel the need to brag non-stop. Stay smart people, be aware of potential changes but draw your own conclusion - the most profitable trades can often be through doing the opposite to everyone else.
    P.S. As for game winning goal it will never go imo. It is the equivalent of 0 on a roulette wheel and is FI's edge - they need that element of randomness to prevent things becoming too predictable.

This this and this!!! I've noticed changes in the last 12 months since ive been here. When I first joined (and it was a smaller close knit community) it was mostly about helping traders. It helped me and hopefully I've helped others as well. Helping to me is part of the fun, both receiving and giving. I feel good if I give advice to a player I don't own and that advice works. But importantly, If I burn other traders I might get a quick buck in the short term, but long term they quit and benefits no one (not to mention the guilt)

About 6 months ago I noticed it was becoming a more pump and dump festival. Where people obviously have someone in the sell queue and wanna get rid of and didn't care if they burnt others to do it.

But even worse in my eyes is a more recent trend where more traders (some very specific ones in particular...) are not only content to pump their players, but will actively use a wrecking ball on others they don't own. You know what, if you fucked up and didn't invest in someone and they rise- live with it. We've all fucked up. I held Grealish and Bruno and sold wayyy too early. I looked at Haaland 9 months ago and didn't buy. I don't lament on that (well occasionally ;)as I've made other very good purchases and you can't win them all. But don't fuck up everyone else for the sake of your jealousy.

Yes in some cases a word of caution is important. I would definitely intervene on a new trader investing in dean Henderson for example. But some do it for the sake of a wrecking and that leaves a really distasteful feeling.

• @ScouseSte you may be right. I know I've been expecting a review at the end of the season for a while, but I can't remember where or why I thought they'd said that. I thought it was on the news page when they announced the last matrix changes after the questionnaire and someone had added it to a Forum post, but I couldn't find the announcement when I looked for it, so I could be mistaken.

• @Mintyfresh
    0_1582594534436_Capture.PNG

This is the exact comms. Point 3 clearly states the dividend table. Some people have used this to also drive their personal opinion that the scoring matrix will also be reviewd/ changed. It MAY, but it is an opinion and nothing that FI have stated.

• @janner73 πŸ‘

• @janner73 thank you