Sell order

• I've seen the option to place shares on a sell order, how do you buy other peoples shares on a sell order? Is there another market?

• @Phil_Arsenal_123 said in Sell order:

I've seen the option to place shares on a sell order, how do you buy other peoples shares on a sell order? Is there another market?

If you put your shares in the queue, it means other traders on the platform can buy your shares at the buy price.

• @Londoner thanks, but I still don't understand

E.g perhaps I already have bought shares in a sell order without knowing?

If a seller puts 50 shares in a sell order for £1 but I want 100, I don't really understand what happens? As I expect to buy all 100 for the same price

• @Phil_Arsenal_123 said in Sell order:

@Londoner thanks, but I still don't understand

E.g perhaps I already have bought shares in a sell order without knowing?

If a seller puts 50 shares in a sell order for £1 but I want 100, I don't really understand what happens? As I expect to buy all 100 for the same price

You might be lucky and sell all your shares at the price you want but the price could change (up or down). When you put your shares to market you have to tick a box that you accept the price movements. It appears what you're talking about is order books. FI don't have an order book system yet, but apparently, it's coming.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.