The risk of Euro 20 being cancelled

• The good news is pretty sure it won't wipe out humanity.

In Plague the online and mobile game, you always wanted to start in Greenland as it was the hardest place to infect. Also you needed to infect everyone first without killing them then bump up the symptoms. That way you can stay under the radar.

Starting in China and killing people too early are strategic mistakes by this virus. Bad planning.

• I had a Chinese takeaway on Saturday and sneezed twice last night....

• @Erased-Citizen I read or heard an article within the last 48 hours that the number of infected people and deaths being reported out of China are completely false and that the the death toll in China alone is already close to a million. They are running crematoriums on a 24 hour basis in wuhan to deal with the all of the bodies

I'm actually getting more concerned about it than I was a few weeks ago, not less

• The event will go ahead I’m sure, however this virus is the first which has worried me. In my opinion, the virus is a man made one made by ‘certain’ people to cull a certain percentage of the population. Fear of China owning the banking system and/or monopolising every industry in 40 years time, would make ‘certain’ people nervous. Remember 9/11 and building 7 anyone?

• I think you all need to start talking about football again as oppose to 'he said she said' and 'my mates Chinese friend said' stories.

• I stick to 100% facts

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

After all, what we are told on the internet is true right, afterall Braithwaite is ranked as the 601st best investment (according to FI users!)......

• @mike778 said in The risk of Euro 20 being cancelled:

The good news is pretty sure it won't wipe out humanity.

In Plague the online and mobile game, you always wanted to start in Greenland as it was the hardest place to infect. Also you needed to infect everyone first without killing them then bump up the symptoms. That way you can stay under the radar.

Starting in China and killing people too early are strategic mistakes by this virus. Bad planning.

I was hooked on that game for a while before my FI days started 😂

• @Ddr said in The risk of Euro 20 being cancelled:

@Erased-Citizen I read or heard an article within the last 48 hours that the number of infected people and deaths being reported out of China are completely false and that the the death toll in China alone is already close to a million. They are running crematoriums on a 24 hour basis in wuhan to deal with the all of the bodies

I'm actually getting more concerned about it than I was a few weeks ago, not less

Stop reading articles then haha

• @Ddr said in The risk of Euro 20 being cancelled:

@Erased-Citizen I read or heard an article within the last 48 hours that the number of infected people and deaths being reported out of China are completely false and that the the death toll in China alone is already close to a million. They are running crematoriums on a 24 hour basis in wuhan to deal with the all of the bodies

I read an article about how the world was flat. Turns out it was bollocks just like the article you read.

• Nothing will get cancelled in this country.

If the Euro's ever become a risk then they will play all the games in this country. We have been on standby for major events before in the event of things being cancelled. They wouldn't need a lot of notice.

The fact that only 13 cases in 2 months have been reported shows we have a pretty good hold on this.

A few of those cases came from people on cruise liners, and some dodgy scout leader.

Cancelling Cheltenham and the Euro's would be a horrific loss money wise.

A few old people who are probably a strain on the NHS getting a fast pass out of here wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

• @DJ-110 said in The risk of Euro 20 being cancelled:

Nothing will get cancelled in this country.

If the Euro's ever become a risk then they will play all the games in this country. We have been on standby for major events before in the event of things being cancelled. They wouldn't need a lot of notice.

The fact that only 13 cases in 2 months have been reported shows we have a pretty good hold on this.

A few of those cases came from people on cruise liners, and some dodgy scout leader.

A few old people who are probably a strain on the NHS getting a fast pass out of here wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

It's a bit strange how apparently its super contagious and people can spread it before symptoms are shown. Yet the original 2 cases in UK didn't spread at all. So it can't be that contagious and should in theory be contagious.

You have to be realistic though. Multiple sports events in China have been cancelled. If it did go widespread then the euros would definitely be off as would most British events. We should be able to stop it though you would think.

Re China, don't know about wuhan but in foshan area, life is relatively normal ish. Certainly aren't people dropping like flies. They are back to spending their time going for brunch again.

• @Ddr
    If what you say is true,
    The Shaolin and the Wuhan could be dangerous
    Do you think your Wuhan story can defeat me?
    En garde

• @TotalPunt you've confused me, dont get the reference to shaolin (presumably to do with monks) and wuhan

• @DJ-110 said in The risk of Euro 20 being cancelled:

Nothing will get cancelled in this country.

Wow just wow 😮.

We all get older and i hope one day when im old and fragile people arent saying my life isnt valued who cares if i die. I find this whole outlook on the world were everyone is basically employee number this or citizen number that instead of looking at people as individuals with lives and families very cold. We that are young and fit may not be at immediate risk but we do risk spreading it and causing serious harm to others and their families

• @mike778 I have a Chinese colleague. I 've rarely seen him since the start of the outbreak. I got to see him on Mon and asked where he has been. He said that he was self-isolated and worked from home (though he has no sign of flu).

I failed to convince him that it is safe here since there were only few cases in the UK; They are well taken care of and most of them recovered. He said that you ain't trust anybody and disappear since then.

• @DJ-110 we have a handle on it... But probably not for long if we open up the floodgates to travellers from round the world coming here for the euros.

I've been ignoring it thus far... I don't watch or read the news so was oblivious... But I did see Italy now has 'zones' and cordened off whole villages like something out of a Sci FI film.

Il start paying more attn now...

• Not to take this off thread, but what happens if one of my holds gets it and......you know............

• @Millerman-again said in The risk of Euro 20 being cancelled:

Not to take this off thread, but what happens if one of my holds gets it and......you know............

Athletes are at very little risk its only of high risk to those that are elderly or have underlying conditions. If any of your holds are either of these firstly why hold them and secondly why are they even playing football. 😂

• @mike778 yeh rookie move adding the Pneumonia symptom this early on

• @Millerman-again said in The risk of Euro 20 being cancelled:

Not to take this off thread, but what happens if one of my holds gets it and......you know............

... Wins MB? Story should be removed. No brainer.