The risk of Euro 20 being cancelled

• @MUFC yeah, FI is basically full of gamblers and each of them has a different approach. No one can prevent you from sitting tightly, and no one can stop others from finding the next stars in top European football teams and get in early.

• @Julian-Noble Funnily enough I was on MSn just before this and it just said first case confirmed in NI ;(

• Has anyone considered buying up the top 10 rated wonderkids from Football Manager? :D

• @TotalPunt said in The risk of Euro 20 being cancelled:

@Ddr
    If what you say is true,
    The Shaolin and the Wuhan could be dangerous
    Do you think your Wuhan story can defeat me?
    En garde

“Again and again....” 😍

Ps: can really tell who drinks the internet kool-aid in this thread (with honourable mention to Vespasian never reading the news) .... but then again the man in charge of the richest country in the world’s strategic response to the epidemic literally doesn’t believe in science, so all bets are off... (especially if they’re market sold)

• @Victory 💯 agree, I like to get on early, but I just think if you are getting on early in euros then they are probably playing for a lesser country and unlikely to even get out the group which makes shining in the tournament unlikely, that was my point, I would say over 95% of the players that will do well at euros will already be in a pb league and recognised

• Its not even a genuine health risk. Most peeps recover fine.

• @Joking Tell that to the people who's family have died. Amazing the callousness of how dismissive people have become in the modern world because something might inconvenience our social pleasures.

• No one can say for sure the euros will not be cancelled.
    They way things are going there’s a good chance they will.
    This virus is spreading rapidly and it’s beyond control for now. Will get lot worse before it gets better.
    the state of the stock markets should be an indication, fi not affected as much as of yet .

I might hedge my bets and sell half my portfolio and see what happens.

• @SIFI 9 plus million die from air pollution each year.

• @King-Fergus said in The risk of Euro 20 being cancelled:

No one can say for sure the euros will not be cancelled.
    They way things are going there’s a good chance they will.
    This virus is spreading rapidly and it’s beyond control for now. Will get lot worse before it gets better.
    the state of the stock markets should be an indication, fi not affected as much as of yet .

I might hedge my bets and sell half my portfolio and see what happens.

Might see a big increase in treble media days so more than likely MB players will rise as i doubt people will withdraw funds just move them around

• @Black-wolf
    Yeh true, just depends how FI respond
    UAE bike race cancelled, two riders had virus. Froome + cavendish and other top riders in hotel lockdown until they cleared.

Imagine if some of the top euro players have it 😬

• @Joking Define genuine health risk? A virus that has a 3% or so mortality rate that has been spreading like wildfire and has shown it has the ability to mutate quickly already sounds like a pretty genuine health risk to me.

• I think it's safe to assume that the death toll is far more than just the 3000 or whatever

0_1582888441395_Screenshot_2020-02-28-11-12-48-1.png

If the World Health Organisation director general is coming out with warnings like this, it's very serious.

3000 deaths in a country populated by 1.38 BILLION is nothing. Not even a drop in the ocean.

They are clearly withholding the true figures to avoid panic.
    Football will come second to risk-of-life, that's for sure.

• Who said 1 million dead in Wuhan, that's a load of waffle. The official figure will be lower than the actual but nowhere near to that extent. If you look at it as a percentage against population its nothing. As said the majority of deaths have been in conjunction with underlying health issues, its like saying you can get the flu which develops into pneumonia. If you're a fairly healthy middle aged person you'll suffer but survive, if you're an 80 yr old cripple you're likely done for :-)

• @FairlyNewUser said in The risk of Euro 20 being cancelled:

Who said 1 million dead in Wuhan, that's a load of waffle. The official figure will be lower than the actual but nowhere near to that extent. If you look at it as a percentage against population its nothing. As said the majority of deaths have been in conjunction with underlying health issues, its like saying you can get the flu which develops into pneumonia. If you're a fairly healthy middle aged person you'll suffer but survive, if you're an 80 yr old cripple you're likely done for :-)

You think China, a communist state, is telling the full truth?
    Look at Chernobyl.

We all know nothing, very much like events on FI we are all speculating.
    It's getting serious though, that's for sure

• @FairlyNewUser Brilliant! So lets not worry about all the 80 year olds then. Lets all just carry on as normal, catch the virus, spread the virus but it's ok cos Im not gonna die. Lets hope the next generation are a little bit less selfish and don't act like that when you're an 80 year old cripple!!!!

• @ScouseSte I said the official will be lower than the actual. 1 mil is a silly exaggeration. It doesn't help the amount of wetwipes that believe what they read and help fuel the fire.

• @janner73 Was using it as a example, obviously went over your head. Who mentioned anything about not caring about them ?

• It is way too early to even make guesses about if the euros will get cancelled, plenty of things need to happen before we get to that point.

You can currently still fly from UK to Northern Italy which I think currently shows that the problem is currently not that bad. Of course it could get worse but at the moment you can still fly straight to the area where the virus is spreading so I think that shows we are a long way away from a torn as such as the euros being cancelled.

• @FairlyNewUser Guess I misread so apologies. There's been a few posts in here with a "don't care" attitude and I read yours as another one.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.