The risk of Euro 20 being cancelled

• I think it's safe to assume that the death toll is far more than just the 3000 or whatever

0_1582888441395_Screenshot_2020-02-28-11-12-48-1.png

If the World Health Organisation director general is coming out with warnings like this, it's very serious.

3000 deaths in a country populated by 1.38 BILLION is nothing. Not even a drop in the ocean.

They are clearly withholding the true figures to avoid panic.
    Football will come second to risk-of-life, that's for sure.

• Who said 1 million dead in Wuhan, that's a load of waffle. The official figure will be lower than the actual but nowhere near to that extent. If you look at it as a percentage against population its nothing. As said the majority of deaths have been in conjunction with underlying health issues, its like saying you can get the flu which develops into pneumonia. If you're a fairly healthy middle aged person you'll suffer but survive, if you're an 80 yr old cripple you're likely done for :-)

• @FairlyNewUser said in The risk of Euro 20 being cancelled:

Who said 1 million dead in Wuhan, that's a load of waffle. The official figure will be lower than the actual but nowhere near to that extent. If you look at it as a percentage against population its nothing. As said the majority of deaths have been in conjunction with underlying health issues, its like saying you can get the flu which develops into pneumonia. If you're a fairly healthy middle aged person you'll suffer but survive, if you're an 80 yr old cripple you're likely done for :-)

You think China, a communist state, is telling the full truth?
    Look at Chernobyl.

We all know nothing, very much like events on FI we are all speculating.
    It's getting serious though, that's for sure

• @FairlyNewUser Brilliant! So lets not worry about all the 80 year olds then. Lets all just carry on as normal, catch the virus, spread the virus but it's ok cos Im not gonna die. Lets hope the next generation are a little bit less selfish and don't act like that when you're an 80 year old cripple!!!!

• @ScouseSte I said the official will be lower than the actual. 1 mil is a silly exaggeration. It doesn't help the amount of wetwipes that believe what they read and help fuel the fire.

• @janner73 Was using it as a example, obviously went over your head. Who mentioned anything about not caring about them ?

• It is way too early to even make guesses about if the euros will get cancelled, plenty of things need to happen before we get to that point.

You can currently still fly from UK to Northern Italy which I think currently shows that the problem is currently not that bad. Of course it could get worse but at the moment you can still fly straight to the area where the virus is spreading so I think that shows we are a long way away from a torn as such as the euros being cancelled.

• @FairlyNewUser Guess I misread so apologies. There's been a few posts in here with a "don't care" attitude and I read yours as another one.

• @janner73 Oh I definitely care, I've got a family member currently in China and was meant to be going there myself start of the month but the way people are treating it doesn't help the matter, I was putting it into perspective.

• @Black-wolf said in The risk of Euro 20 being cancelled:

@King-Fergus said in The risk of Euro 20 being cancelled:

No one can say for sure the euros will not be cancelled.
    They way things are going there’s a good chance they will.
    This virus is spreading rapidly and it’s beyond control for now. Will get lot worse before it gets better.
    the state of the stock markets should be an indication, fi not affected as much as of yet .

I might hedge my bets and sell half my portfolio and see what happens.

Might see a big increase in treble media days so more than likely MB players will rise as i doubt people will withdraw funds just move them around

That's a good point. If the Euros cancelled and we have a summer of MB then I may stock up on these lads:

0_1582904025367_upload-d7d668af-3ac3-422c-9b77-6b37cfe82aee

• @ScouseSte
    You’re talking like they tell the truth in the western world 😂😂😂
    We are just much better at hiding and covering up

• @Keegans-Bluff this thread shows, if any real world news impacts things I'm interested in I'll hear about it. Can't stand the feel of newspapers... I struggle to turn the pages as much as wenger struggles with zips... I have Netflix, a 2 Yr old son, and a thriving football addiction spanning multiple platforms... News is boring I have 1000s of fiction books to get through

• All pandemics should be in odd numbered years. Bloody inconsiderate.

Not even English but if needs be just play it there to contain the virus. As a bald man once said, it will ruin my holiday if it does not go ahead.

• There are many reasons to sell up and take your profits but this has to be the best 😂

0_1583169714331_Screenshot_2020-03-02-17-21-05-1.png

• @TotalPunt haha dont often see a wu tang pump here bravo!

• I saw China closed the first of the coronavirus pop up hospitals today 4 months after the first cases due to decreasing new cases being discovered.

Based on that same timeline and the fact EU countries are still at the beginning of cases being discovered i would say we are at least 4 months away from a downturn in new cases being discovered which would mean there may very well be a problem with the euros still.

• @NewUser508282 Thought it was only 2 months old?

• @Julian-Noble End of 2019 first cases were i believe.

• Italy suspend travel for millions of people.

Reasonable to assume this will happen across Europe in the coming months... Doesn’t look great for this pan European tournament starting in 3 months!

• @SIFI

A team in Scotland have been working with the DNA in January and think they're on to something regarding a vaccine. The tests they've done in the lab have been "exciting" and they're on to human testing in April.

The amount of money tied up in TV rights, I'd say there's not a chance the Euro's will be cancelled. They'd play it without fans if need be.

https://news.stv.tv/scotland/coronavirus-scots-scientist-very-excited-by-vaccine-tests

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.