Raheem Sterling Bouncability Factor!

• Bouncability - 'to return to and exceed previous high value because of positive factors.'

Now I know Sterling has had a below average season, but surely there are far more positive than negative factors to his current value.

0_1582792372005_Screenshot_20200227-080153.png

Back from injury last night, won the penalty and should have really scored to make it 3 - 1. That goal goes in and it's suddenly 'The Sterling Comeback Story'.

Euros coming up with England so lots of media PB potential as the tournament approaches.

The City ban fiasco! Potential interest from other suitors if City don't manage to overturn the ban or get it delayed by dragging out an appeal.

Is it a FI cycle that is keeping his price down, or more worryingly am I investing in the wrong players?
    I held Hazard and Kroos until recently, or fn Hazard and fn Kroos as I now refer to them. 😁

I know it's about being patient, but thought I'd put this 'out there' for other opinions.

• I've been thinking the injury was probably a good thing to give him a bit of a break. City usually finish the season strongly, and if if they hold onto their Real lead and Sterling finds his old form, he will be beyond £7 by end of the season.

• Surely he's due a rise back towards the £6.50 mark at least. Likely to be England's main man at the Euros and he's still such a good age in FI terms.

Sentiment seems to have been against him lately though, regardless of the injury. There was some concern about the MB review affecting his chances of "winning" racism-related media divs, and traders seem sceptical of him as a PB hold.

I will say that, although his PB scores tend to rely on goalscoring, his base scores are still decent for a forward, and he has 5 PB scores over 200 this season. That puts him in the top 10 of forwards for 200+ scores and only Gabriel Jesus out of those 10 is younger than Sterling.

Add to that his MB potential with England and now with the Man City ban, a potential load of transfer speculation, I think his price surely has to bounce back soon.

• Always nice to hear views similar to yourself.
    Still young and with Kane/Rashford struggling with fitness all attention could be on him.

I've bought on the dips like you should and for what I see as a safe hold on the Index, he seems to have fallen out of favour.

• @Dronny-Gaz said in Raheem Sterling Bouncability Factor!:

Bouncability - 'to return to and exceed previous high value because of positive factors.'

Now I know Sterling has had a below average season, but surely there are far more positive than negative factors to his current value.

0_1582792372005_Screenshot_20200227-080153.png

Back from injury last night, won the penalty and should have really scored to make it 3 - 1. That goal goes in and it's suddenly 'The Sterling Comeback Story'.

Euros coming up with England so lots of media PB potential as the tournament approaches.

The City ban fiasco! Potential interest from other suitors if City don't manage to overturn the ban or get it delayed by dragging out an appeal.

Is it a FI cycle that is keeping his price down, or more worryingly am I investing in the wrong players?
    I held Hazard and Kroos until recently, or fn Hazard and fn Kroos as I now refer to them. 😁

I know it's about being patient, but thought I'd put this 'out there' for other opinions.

Your thinking on this one is the same as mine. Plus on top of all that if Kane and Rashford dont make the Euros then all eyes are on him to deliver

• @Black-wolf @Dronny-Gaz he's also way off his peak price now, and I don't see him as a player who will continue to be out of favour amongst traders for long, so there's an indication of where he could head back to.

Look at Rashford before his injury. There was a lot of negativity and his price was absolutely diving. He dropped well over £1 from over £5 to less than £4, before a bit of form cake his way and he flew up to beyond his previous peak, before the injury sadly curtailed his progress.

I see a similar pattern for Sterling. I don't think he can drop much further and hopefully a big performance in the coming weeks will kick start his rise. I think there were promising signs in the CL last night.

• Will he feature for England at Euro 2020? Yes.

• Will his form and performances improve next season? In all likelihood, yes.

• Will Man City's form and performances improve next season? In all likelihood, yes.

All reasons to buy into Sterling.

The only potential negative is that Man City may be banned from Europe next season (depending on the CAS appeal). But even if their ban is upheld, then no Europe means they can concentrate on the Premier League (while Liverpool have the added distraction of the Champions League), so its reasonable to assume that Sterling will start almost every league game and that Man City will mount a much better challenge for the league title in that scenario.

• Just the Football index being sheep again I think. Sterling scores a brace in an up coming game bang starts flying up.

• Thanks for all the input. Sometimes it works to get opinions in case you've gone all stubborn/blinkered. 😁
    I'm sure there's a 20p/30p rise due from people taking out of the sell queue when he becomes flavour of the month again.

• I would buy, looked good when he came on and got the penalty. More than likely Gold day for QF and possibly more. If Kane and Rashford are out for the Euros all eyes will be on him for MB

• @Wotabeast said in Raheem Sterling Bouncability Factor!:

@Black-wolf @Dronny-Gaz he's also way off his peak price now, and I don't see him as a player who will continue to be out of favour amongst traders for long, so there's an indication of where he could head back to.

Look at Rashford before his injury. There was a lot of negativity and his price was absolutely diving. He dropped well over £1 from over £5 to less than £4, before a bit of form cake his way and he flew up to beyond his previous peak, before the injury sadly curtailed his progress.

I see a similar pattern for Sterling. I don't think he can drop much further and hopefully a big performance in the coming weeks will kick start his rise. I think there were promising signs in the CL last night.

This 'form cake' that you talk of, what does it taste like?

• @Ddr ! Cake is a made up drug!

0_1582810209746_20200227_132643.jpg

• Just topped up on sterling with some cash in my bank. Basically getting him for £5.50 with the 8.25% return

• I was going to start a thread on this so glad you bumped. Having seen minimum 15% rises in Sancho, Fernandes, Kane, Mbappe, Pogba etc. Surely Sterling has some petrol in the engine? Maybe not the transfer speculation but if nothing else the top of the market should pull him up. Cant stay this flat for much longer?

• I hold 200 of him. But the problem is he's in a lean spell for form and goals. Tonight's match being cancelled doesn't help either.

I'm currently 40p per future down on him, but I'm taking a long term view as at some point over the next 12 months he'll start firing and rocket in price.

• Think most people expected him to kick on and be a genuine world class player and this season it just happened.

• Rumours of him moving to Real Madrid this summer and if he gets that move, I don't think it helps his price any, rather hinders it moving away from PL and British press.

• @DillyDong hasnt hurt Sancho’s price any