Hans Vanaken- Hidden GEM

• Vanaken- 27 years old- plays for Club Brugge.
    Scores many goals and has played for Belgium.
    Was linked to some big clubs in the summer but nothing came of it.

Any thoughts on this player???

• Not quite a hidden gem if you use the search function on this forum. Not been mentioned for a while though I don't think but certainly got alot coverage a few months ago.

• Formerly known as 'the forgotten man'

• Gets mentioned on this forum, usually in a "this guy is a baller, he will be in a PB league soon" format. It never happens and the older he gets the less likely it becomes.

Didn't I read on an old thread something about him having no desire to leave Belgium or being a bit of a home bird type thing?

• The Belgian Le Tissier.

• All you need to do is look at his last year price graph.

It doesn't inspire you in thinking he would be a wise investment.

Many on here including myself have had a slice of him in the past but much better ways to make money I am sure most will agree.

• @King888 said in Hans Vanaken- Hidden GEM:

Vanaken- 27 years old- plays for Club Brugge.
    Scores many goals and has played for Belgium.
    Was linked to some big clubs in the summer but nothing came of it.

Any thoughts on this player???

He used to get pumped a lot on here, last year. Got on and made a lost like a lot of traders. He likes being a big fish in a small pond. He looked very ordinary over 2 EL games against Man U. Don't waste your money.

• Had him for jan transfer, didn’t happen.
    I’ll be watching news though.

• Funnily enough a couple of days ago I stuck him in the watchlist, Brugge have only lost once in the league this season, in the domestic cup final and went out to United in the EL as a teammate thought he was playing volleyball.

Even if he doesn't move again this summer, Brugge should have more football in Europe to come next year. Plus he played in Belgium's last qualifier - were already through, but potential to be in the squad for the Euros?

Definitely keeping an eye on him, despite his relatively advanced years (in FI terms anyway).