New content in progress e.g. my biggest FI mistake - feedback welcome!

• Have been a bit quieter on here for a few reasons- work is busy at the moment, baby Westy on the way soon!, trying to cut my port down from 200! and trying to trade solely off dividends for a bit...but also been working on some football trading content:

https://www.footballtradinginsights.com/

I've teamed up with @Vespasian32 as he has always seemed the polar opposite type trader to me and argues well, and an outsider named as 'Hasselbanker' who is not into FI properly yet, but has a wealth of stock market skills and knowledge.

The 3 of us see the site as a bit of an extension to the forum where outsiders can join in ( and obviously- to keep it running- we have to try the whole on-boarding of new customers through ads etc...which wont interest you) but the heart of the site will be articles on our trading mistakes (which are rarely discussed on twitter or on here by traders), our strategies and the future of football markets.

A while back in a thread I said I was clearing up a mess in my port and someone asked about it- it's explained here, my biggest loss to date: https://www.footballtradinginsights.com/hindsight-1

Elsewhere on the site you can read up on @Vespasian32 current strategy and have a quick look at how Footstock currently use order books and whether FI will have a similar version to begin with or a simple option versus real order books.

It is pretty much just at testing stage...lots more content to come. I think for most of you experienced trades it will be the Hasselbanker articles that will be worth a read in future so keep an eye out for them- i cant answer some of his high brow trading questions on the way FI works etc, so would be good to get some of you on here to convince him! Also get in touch if you would like to get an article on the site!

All feedback welcome!

I just managed to pump it on @IRISHFI podcast recorded tonight going out Monday 😉 , so I've got til Monday to sort out any obvious errors etc that you spot, so just let me know, cheers!

One thing I'm already aware of is that it doesn't quite fit mobile phones properly (seems better on PCs/laptops- i will have to sort that out! If anyone uses a tablet, id be keen to hear how it looks?

• im still holding big bloody bobby ffs haha

• Refreshing to read your thought processes going through a loss. So much is written about winning but the losses probably make us better traders as we learn to try to avoid those same mistakes in the future. Nice work.

• Anything that helps promote FI or make us better traders is good. There is a typo in the Compare the Two Platforms section. The very last paragraph on the FI side has "match" spelt "mathc".

• @Londoner cheers for spotting that!

• @nicky540 he's 28 so still chances he will return to pb league in future... Or you can sit n wait for America to join and maybe mls be a pb lg... Long wait though. I rarely agree with the opportunity cost, but think you could find a player to move the money to instead.

• Good idea and content and looking forward to following it in the future. I checked it out on mobile and tablet. You already know about the few layout issues on mobile.

On the tablet it looked great. Only slight improvement could be to @Vespasian32 insight section. The text wasn't centered and on the right hand side of the box it was touching the border. This section was fine on the mobile. Minor detail, but you wanted feedback.

Good luck!!

• @Martyn-B great feedback cheers, will look into sorting that out!

• @Vespasian32 gives us a look at what he's doing whilst normal trends are up in the air.

https://www.footballtradinginsights.com/hindisght-2

I've tried to sort out all the snags mentioned above, let me know if you still have any problems. Cheers

• Congrats on the baby! I'll expect to see plenty of 3am posts on the forum soon then?

• I don't know if its just my browser but not all the link buttons along the top work.

• @Ralph-Wiggum said in New content in progress e.g. my biggest FI mistake - feedback welcome!:

I don't know if its just my browser but not all the link buttons along the top work.

As in on the thread here? Or on the website menu buttons?

• @Chickenman cheers, I imagine so, might even end up getting more time on fi whilst the wife sleeps 🤞🏻

• @Westy One thing I noticed is the hindsight dropdown doesn't show if i'm moving my mouse from right to left - i.e. moving from hovering over "More" to hovering over "Hindsights". The other way around it's fine.

• @janner73 said in New content in progress e.g. my biggest FI mistake - feedback welcome!:

@Westy One thing I noticed is the hindsight dropdown doesn't show if i'm moving my mouse from right to left - i.e. moving from hovering over "More" to hovering over "Hindsights". The other way around it's fine.

Built on my pc at home, now logged in on work laptop and can see this... Think the menu needs resizing for smaller screens. Cheers!

• @Westy on your website.

• @Ralph-Wiggum is it any better now? Don't think I can do anything more to sort it.

• https://www.footballtradinginsights.com/insight-2-the-art-of-selling

New article today about market selling strategy.

• @Westy Good read, thanks. Sent you a DM with a couple of comments.

• @Vespasian32

Good article, thanks. Could you expand on your theory of "green breeds green, red breed fear"? I thought this was a misprint, as in "green breeds greed".

Maybe I just trade differently but players in red don't scare me, they are the ones I am most likely to top up on and are an opportunity to have an increased hold at a preferential buy price. Last week before the latest promotions and CV changed the entire game my top up of choice was Eden Hazard, who was my "worst" performing hold at about -68p a share.

Players massively in the green are the ones I am constantly checking. Has price peaked? Seeing sells on ticker? Should I market sell? etc etc. I find having a big profit and not capitalising on the opportunity more stressful than holding a losing bet and waiting for a future increase or change of circumstance.

Thanks again, hope traders read your article and website.