Some clarity please

• Hi all just a bit of advice please. I am trying to understand the spread of the sell and buy buttons. For example Harry Kane - as I type he is 5.64 to IS and 6.00 to buy. I completely understand the IS bit (to my cost on occasions) but what I don't fully understand is the sell order - I know it puts it into a pot. When every one else has done the same thing before me and sells their shares mine will go next in the queue and sell to the first buyer (I think). This is the bit I don't fully understand .......... if he is 5.64 and 6.00 does that mean there are a lot of people queuing to sell because of a 36p spread? if for example he was 5.84 and 6.00, a 16p spread, are less shares in the queue and mine should sell quicker? Might be a stupid question but I am really confused (its an age thing) when I see people on the forum say their shares have sold after hours and others take weeks. Is there a way I can see how many shares are up for sale so could make a judgement call on when mine might sell and consequently be in a position to trade for someone else. Appreciate all feedback as usual. Thanks

• In short, no you can't see where your shares are in the queue. The wider the spread is an indication as to how many people have shares for sale (not the only factor though) and depending on the popularity of the player the shares could sell almost immediately or take a few days, even weeks.

• @Gary-T The size of the spread is based on a number of factors and determined by FI's famous risk team.
    Amount of shares in queue is likely one of them. But the most common reason for increasing the spread is an injury or a mass dumping of a player.

• @Gary-T what @janner73 said is correct, too many people believe it’s just the size of the spread that directly correlates with the sell queue. The famous risk team sets the spread.

• Thanks for all the info guys. So for clarity and to make sure I am not being a complete numpty it doesn't matter if it is 16p, 54p or a £1 you could be first in line to sell or at the bottom of the pile.

• @Gary-T said in Some clarity please:

Thanks for all the info guys. So for clarity and to make sure I am not being a complete numpty it doesn't matter if it is 16p, 54p or a £1 you could be first in line to sell or at the bottom of the pile.

In theory - correct.