Outside top 200 but going to WC

• There are quite a few young players hovering around the 70p mark that will be going to the World Cup.

I've bought 100 futures in a few and was thinking of doing a few more.

Just wanted people's thoughts on if it was worthwhile as they can't win MB's, the only way to make money on them is if they have an awesome tournament and the transfer speculation begins and price goes up.

Not sure if it's worth it, might be better to just pump the money into players already in the top 200?!?

• Not at all, performance buzz is likely worth more than MB, and it's a smaller pool who can win it at the world cup. Key for me is to see who's playing on each game day. If a larger nation like Brazil is constantly playing on the same game day as the guy you've got who maybe plays with Saudi Arabia or something... What's the chances you'll win. But defo some good money to be made on the right players.

• @John-Renwick
    Thanks for the reply, hadn't thought of looking at the game days to see who's playing!!

I wasn't sure if they could win PB either if outside the top 200. Great if they can as there's some cracking little players out there for cheap.

• Yeah anyone in the competition can win PB. Only the top 200 can win Media Buzz. Have a look at previous PB winners, it'll give u an idea of who wins it. It's not always the case that a great player is great on the index.

• Who are you looking at ? Putting in 'shop window' performances to boost transfer interest sounds potentially a lot more profitable to me than focusing only on PB

• @NewUser108933
    Sorry I've purposefully not put any names as didn't want people to say I was just trying to drive up the price of my players :)

• I would not advise buying players simply because they are going to the world cup. Ask yourself if they are likely to start every game? Are they likely to be in a team facing 3 defeats? PB will drive that market so Look at the small details which will effect their scores

• One thing that happens at the World Cup is you always get an unknown who excels and becomes the most sought after player in the world. I'm trying to find players who will play, are relatively cheap, been linked with moves etc.

Nastasic of Schalke is one player for who I just don't understand his price. Available at 49p a share. He will be playing every game for Serbia, 25 years old, out of contract next season (2019), so Schalke may sell for a slightly reduced fee to cash in. Should he have a few decent games (I'm not expecting Serbia to go far, but they're no mugs) he will most definitely be in the shop window. When you add to the fact he was an ex Man City defender, he will be known to UK scouts and may make the move back to the UK.
    He was linked with a move to Roma last season as well.

• @bigbradwolf

Wow - Just looked at Matija Nastasic and a really low price for a Schalke, WC bound player with transfer rumours likely to abound. I think I might have a dabble... thanks.

• This is a great find but I have a question regarding this - if he moves to Roma, will that have a positive impact on his scores/price though? Thought it was generally a case of if they move to England then that will be a positive impact on their price or if they move to one of big 5 leagues from outside the big 5 (eg move from Holland to Germany etc) then that’ll help, but if they move from one of the big 5 to another (not EPL) then have they gained anything price wise?

• Serbia play all there group games on the same day as Brazil and Germany. Gonna be very hard to beat Kimmich, Marcelo, Dani Alvez etc

• @NewUser117151 said in Outside top 200 but going to WC:

There are quite a few young players hovering around the 70p mark that will be going to the World Cup.

I've bought 100 futures in a few and was thinking of doing a few more.

Just wanted people's thoughts on if it was worthwhile as they can't win MB's, the only way to make money on them is if they have an awesome tournament and the transfer speculation begins and price goes up.

Not sure if it's worth it, might be better to just pump the money into players already in the top 200?!?

Only the top 10 of the top 200 will be the ones winning it anyways (within reason) so i would not be bothered about that.

• @Golfing-Grandad said in Outside top 200 but going to WC:

This is a great find but I have a question regarding this - if he moves to Roma, will that have a positive impact on his scores/price though? Thought it was generally a case of if they move to England then that will be a positive impact on their price or if they move to one of big 5 leagues from outside the big 5 (eg move from Holland to Germany etc) then that’ll help, but if they move from one of the big 5 to another (not EPL) then have they gained anything price wise?

Just googled him, and in the first 2 pages of google theres no current transfer news, only about when he played for man city, so i cant see much in this rumour or where it even is

• @SMacFI

He was set to move to Roma last summer and the move didn't materialise. I always look at players who have one year left on the deal as clubs are more likely to sell at this point if a new deal isn't negotiated purely because they won't want to let them go on a free the season after.

Julian Brandt is another one but the rumour is now that he will sign a new deal. If he doesn't he will surely have clubs circling him to get him at a decent price.

• @SMacFI I meant theoretically if he moved to Roma what impact would that have on his price, moving from Germany to Italy. Was using last summer speculation about Roma for the example.

• @Golfing-Grandad I guess you could argue 2 similar teams, so doubt his price would change much from that angle, think his price comes down to PB, guessing he cant be to good for that but thats just a guess I would need to check, and its not a name thats on my radar so i know little about him really. Also not the best knowledge of the WC as have kinda avoided it so maybe someone else can shine more light on it.