When to buy the following players?

• Appears to be a bit of a dry spell on the index at the moment which has brought a lot of players prices down. I've got a lot in my watchlist that now look a very attractive price but I'm just not sure when the best time to buy will be. Can see a few of these decreasing further but let me know what you guys think.
    Julian Brandt £2.78
    Lorenzo Pellegrini £2.44
    Aleksandr Golovin £2.03
    Josip Illicic £1.72
    Allan Saint-Maximin £1.78
    Suso £1.73
    Raphael Guerreiro £1.49
    Ruslan Malinovskiy £1.10
    Ivan Perisic 82p

• You have 2 Dortmund players and I think they'll get knocked out by PSG so maybe wait till after that (depending on what you think the result will be) and Perisic will have an increase when he returns to the team so maybe buy him now

• @AMF911 Pellegrini has a release clause but Roma are still in Europe so wait and see how they do against Sevilla. Suso has just joined Sevilla so he's in a post transfer dip.

I hold perisic because he'll be back in soon or his loan will end, transfer, euros etc.

Best of luck.

• @ChazFI123 I've got feeling they may just get past PSG. Is Perisic returning this weekend?

• @Bandito Yeah and his stats are solid for Roma, I could see him becoming a PB beast with a transfer. I just don't know if his price will keep falling.
    I'm very tempted with Perisic at his current price

• @AMF911 according to transfer market it says he should be back next weekend (not sure how reliable that is though). If you think Dortmund will go through then I'd potentially buy those players now as their price will go up if they are competing for those CL gold days

• @AMF911 he's a quality player. I'm a big fan, I'm looking forward to seeing Italy squeeze him, Barella, Tonali and Zaniolo into midfield over the next decade.

• @AMF911 Pellegrini & Golovin will have rises soon. Both international’s who will be at Euro’s. They’re long term holds for me as both just 23

• @AMF911 said in When to buy the following players?:

Appears to be a bit of a dry spell on the index at the moment which has brought a lot of players prices down. I've got a lot in my watchlist that now look a very attractive price but I'm just not sure when the best time to buy will be. Can see a few of these decreasing further but let me know what you guys think.
    Julian Brandt £2.78
    Lorenzo Pellegrini £2.44
    Aleksandr Golovin £2.03
    Josip Illicic £1.72
    Allan Saint-Maximin £1.78
    Suso £1.73
    Raphael Guerreiro £1.49
    Ruslan Malinovskiy £1.10
    Ivan Perisic 82p

First time in a while I've seen a punter with decent taste! 🤔👍👍 Although, I expect most of them still have a little further to drop in the current climate.

If Suso remains at Sevilla next season, I'll be all over him. His PB potential is unreal.

Malinovskiy blows my mind. I think he is possibly the most underrated player on the index and his IPO was only around 70p. A goalscoring, international midfielder with a clear route to first team football in an excellent side. For me, it's only a matter of time.

Of those I wouldn't touch ... Golovin (overrated in a consistently shite team) and Ilicic (amazing player but already 32).

In the short term, Perisic probably has the most potential to rise. 🤷🏼‍♂️ That Bayern Munich side are an attacking juggernaut at present.

• @ChazFI123 I agree with you, I also feel PSG are going through. Should be a well fought match also!

• @johnboywalker Haha! How long do you think this current climate will last for? Agree with all of that. The reason I like Golovin is purely because of how good he is for Russia. Plays in a much more attacking role for them and they don't have bad fixtures in the Euros. Again, trying to figure how low he could drop.

• Missed the boat with Guerreiro- back up to £1.60 now!

• @johnboywalker genuinely intrigued how you rate Suso over Golovin, 1as you say plays in an underachieving side but has won 4 PB this season, has a very good base constantly scoring over 200 & is 23 whereas the other has won PB once this season with an ok base has scored just over 200 twice & is 26. This is a genuine question as I like to be open minded

• @Uncle-G said in When to buy the following players?:

@johnboywalker genuinely intrigued how you rate Suso over Golovin, 1as you say plays in an underachieving side but has won 4 PB this season, has a very good base constantly scoring over 200 & is 23 whereas the other has won PB once this season with an ok base has scored just over 200 twice & is 26. This is a genuine question as I like to be open minded

Golovin went through a bit of a purple patch as the Monaco team appeared to be revitalised when Jardim returned. At present, they are a disjointed mess. They won't qualify for European football and Golovin is behind several others in the pecking order for set pieces. For Russia, he is a star and the main man, so the lack of club European football is slightly negated.

0_1583512858091_Screenshot_20200306-164032_SofaScore.jpg

This screenshot highlights that purple patch, but he has been on a downward curve for the past 3 months. For me, the only way his price improves is with standout international performances ... 🤷🏼‍♂️

As for Suso, I didn't really care for him when he was at Milan. I'm a big fan of La Liga and watch as many games as I can. There are managers that suit PB, Lopetegui is one of those. His teams play bore you to death possession football. Since Susos arrival on loan, everything creative goes through him. With Banega leaving, it appears his influence is gone and set pieces and penalties (ocampos took the last one) are up for grabs. Suso has taken over free kicks last I checked ...

If there is any player i can compare Suso with for playing style and therefore PB potential, it's Bruno Fernandes at Utd.

He ticks several boxes for me. Set piece taker and main creative outlet for Sevilla, scores, assists and currently plays in a team that will consistently be top 4 in Spain, qualify for Europe and progress to the latter stages of the competition.

He even has a potential international call up for the Euros under Luis Enrique, who has called him up before. 5 caps so far ...

The funny thing is, I sold at his recent peak, and I should really be re-invested in him with the amount of praise I give him ... i still see his price falling a little lower, along with several others, especially if Roma knock them out of Europe.

Once the market picks up, if he signs for Sevilla permanently, I'll be throwing money at him.

• @johnboywalker interesting, but looking at last 2 matches where they’ve both started
    Suso a 0-0 draw scored 104. 1-1 draw scored 125. Highest score of 225
    Golovin a 1-1 draw scored 157. 1-0 win scored 156. Highest score of 290

Don’t get me wrong I can see where you’re coming from with Suso but Golovin is a class act who’s too good for Monaco & they rotate set pieces as many teams do.

• @Uncle-G said in When to buy the following players?:

@johnboywalker interesting, but looking at last 2 matches where they’ve both started
    Suso a 0-0 draw scored 104. 1-1 draw scored 125. Highest score of 225
    Golovin a 1-1 draw scored 157. 1-0 win scored 156. Highest score of 290

Don’t get me wrong I can see where you’re coming from with Suso but Golovin is a class act who’s too good for Monaco & they rotate set pieces as many teams do.

You can manipulate the stats to say whatever you want them to ... I know what I am seeing with my own eyes.

The score of 104, he only played 67 minutes.

The score of 125, that's without a goal, assist or win bonus.

Pretty sure the score of 290 was a 2-2 draw with Espanyol ... 🤔

He has only played 6 games for the club, yet runs the show. Like I said, very similar to Bruno at Utd.

0_1583516805071_Screenshot_20200306-174427_SofaScore.jpg

• @johnboywalker not manipulating anything, the score of 290 was Golovins, that 10 star show was the 225 for Suso. As I said you might be onto something with Suso but Golovin is just as good a hold as he’s proven

• @Uncle-G Either way I think they are both currently good value.

• @AMF911 despite his age illicic is having an insane season with 2 pb wins already this year. Look good to through in the champions league. Probably playing for the most attack minded team in top 5 leagues

• @Pwaca Performs so well every week and is almost certain to be playing in the next round of the Champions League. Age is the only issue.