Advice on some bad debt within port - happy to write off

• Morning all,

With the drop in the index over the last few days - I think I am going to take the option of writing off my bad debt and maybe IS (I have never done this, but believe now is a time I can and buy in on some low premium holds).

So, these are my players in minus terms profit i'd like you to share in the glow of helping someone turn some shite into golden shite (PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON IT).

0_1583831888695_upload-7b51367b-c982-413e-92d7-97741df36245 0_1583831916595_upload-853c0557-5a5a-4e9c-824d-2612e1bb4a85 0_1583831946987_upload-e5eddd78-c00b-478c-930a-c1dc47b76079 0_1583831969919_upload-48534342-b3bb-47c4-a2a9-e31f48cc044e 0_1583831992887_upload-24730b20-4079-4102-acf2-fd15ed5a7bb3

I know there is not loads of dosh within them, but would you IS, Market Sell or hold as you think any of these have a chance of making coin over the next few years.....I am in no need of cash, but think now may be a time to tidy up a little.

P.S. Does the above make sense?

P.P.S Got some right shite eh!

• @Millerman-again think you havnt got enough players buy another 50 😂👍😂

• @Doddy This is what is left of my 'betting itch' over the last year where I was learning about IPD chasing, flipping etc.......

I am actually around 13% up all time and am happy to write off all this debt and still be around that figure as I have taken that into account.

Just wanting some advice in regards who they feel will actually over the next couple of years get back to at least a break even, as every penny increase, increases my profit (if you get me) as I am treating the above players as a loss.

• If you don't need the cash for real world stuff then why sell now? When majority is selling then this is the time to buy. When majority is buying that is the time to market sell.

• @Martyn-B I just think some of the shite I have I can bin, and get in with players that seem as though they will increase and cover the loss.

As you can see lots of the above are 50 and 75 quid 'buys' and are at a quid or two loss. I'm just wondering if anyone can see anything that if they had in their port they would can, take the hit and sink in somewhere else.

• It’s not worth wholesale IS’ing now imo.
    The premiums have had a serious pumping recently. They may get some more attention after the announcement through irrationality and FOMO but we’ve been here before, share split, dividend increase.
    They will be overpriced and largely stagnant after the dust settles.

• @Millerman-again Everybody trades differently and has different risk appetite and strategies. I think you have some quality PB players there and are suffering because of it. If you hold they should come good again or win you many more dividends in the meantime.

At a rough count I think I hold 6 of your players (in a 35 man portfolio) with another 6 or so on my watchlist. I might have missed a few as you have so many!!

My weekend dividends from Parejo, Messi and Kimmich were used to top up Eden Hazard (my biggest faller). So personally I am holding and topping up when I can. The market will come back to PB winners in the future.

• Thanks for your advice gang - so keep calm and carry on is the advice.

OR

Is there any dog shit in there that you would say - get rid of and ride the wave (whatever that wave is and when it comes with the announcement).

• I dont see much to worry about there. The only one that sticks out me as a slight concern is Salah. Even when he is doing really well his price never used to move much and now its dropped im not sure what his chances of recovery are but it’s impossible to predict what will happen so id hate to offer you advice and cost you money.

• @Black-wolf said in Advice on some bad debt within port - happy to write off:

I dont see much to worry about there. The only one that sticks out me as a slight concern is Salah. Even when he is doing really well his price never used to move much and now its dropped im not sure what his chances of recovery are but it’s impossible to predict what will happen so id hate to offer you advice and cost you money.

Ok, so Salah cost me £521.64 An instant sell minus 2% would bring in £365.15 plus his divs of £40.22 is (counts fingers ) £405.37 which is a loss of £116.28.

The question is, by flogging him can I drag that amount back - I'm happy (not happy, but you know what I mean) to get rid of the bad debt as its accounted for. If I get lucky and market sell over the next 48/72 would save me around 30 odd quid.

So anyone from now until the end of the season bring me back around £70 to £80 quid off an outlay of around £400?

I can't really think of anyone off the top of my nogging - I'll have a look at clubs left in the Euro comps that have players low in historical price.

• @Millerman-again Rashford..

Read the Rashford thread but basically 5.09 player that by every comparable should be 7.00 player.

He is injured which plays a big part in his price being low so get on now before he is back and it rises further.

You basically need 25% increase to get your money back that is like 6.35 , this forum is valuing him around 7.00 atleast. Because he is so young worst case is probably not losing any more money but the upside is getting your money back and some.